John Tortorella is not happy with Pierre Luc-Dubois

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Torts is overreacting that was a nothing play, double team with no support, if he gave no effort he wouldn’t have even skated towards the puck

I thought so too. He came back, supported the D, made himself an outlet option (not used), puck got dumped in, he went in to retrieve against 2 TB players. The forecheck was soft, but TB had 2 guys there and were already moving the puck, so he gave up on it.

He goes back to bench.

What should have happened is an assistant coach talks to him and says hey kid, we need you to stick with it, keep at it force battles. You talk to him. You don't bench him for the rest of the game.

Torts completely over-reacted, and blew this whole situation up.

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
I thought so too. He came back, supported the D, made himself an outlet option (not used), puck got dumped in, he went in to retrieve against 2 TB players. The forecheck was soft, but TB had 2 guys there and were already moving the puck, so he gave up on it.

He goes back to bench.

What should have happened is an assistant coach talks to him and says hey kid, we need you to stick with it, keep at it force battles. You talk to him. You don't bench him for the rest of the game.

Torts completely over-reacted, and blew this whole situation up.
This is exactly what I saw

KCbus

Someday, we’ll have an NHL team.
Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
I think people are nuts to think it's time to fire John Tortorella. He's the only coach who's had any amount of consistent success in Columbus. Yes, he has flaws, but no one ever stops to think about the "who's next" part; they just want the current guy fired.

Well, even the most talented CBJ team has never been able to match-up on paper with the elite teams. They've done it with defense and goaltending, and by having a team-first system that Tortorella has implemented. There are a lot of teams with our level of talent that go nowhere, and a few with MORE talent that do as well. They've made the playoffs four years in a row, and they've been knocked out of the playoffs by three Stanley Cup Champions and one Stanley Cup runner-up. The only year with Columbus where Tortorella missed the playoffs, they were 0-8 when he got here, and had more than 500 man games lost to injury.

Bobby Orr's Knees

Dec 17, 2002
Where it hurts most
Visit site
Caps fan here hoping we trade Kuznetsov for him straight up. Or whatever other pieces.

Kuz is already proven , but selfish af and can’t blame coaches at this point since he’s had 3.

PLD is younger and st least there’s a chance it’s a problem between him and the coach that’s demotivated him. Even if he ends up as selfish, he’s younger and it would break up the Caps Russian clique with the shit attitude
Don't remember anyone complaining about the Caps Russian clique with the shit attitude when they won you the Cup. But agree with the idea of trading Kuznetsov for PLD. Would benefit both teams.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
This has turned into a much greater shitshow than I anticipated. I figured everyone would quietly go about their jobs before a trade materialized, but Dubois has gone full Jeff Carter.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
This has turned into a much greater shitshow than I anticipated. I figured everyone would quietly go about their jobs before a trade materialized, but Dubois has gone full Jeff Carter.
Valuable member of a two-time Cup winning team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad