Sportsnet: John Shannon- Halak willing to waive no trade Clause

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Halak hasnt been great the last couple of starts but the team played terrible in front of him. He would still be a fantastic insurance policy and would actually do well if the starter gets injured and he has to be " the guy". Part of Halak's struggles has been mentioned that his starts in Van are few and far between as Demko has emerged into a franchise goalie but Halak would be the type that the more ice he sees the better he plays.

Interested to see what a return would be like? Guessing around 3rd or 4th

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
His numbers are ugly this year but he’s a good option for a veteran back up. Would be a good insurance policy for a playoff team looking to go deep.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
His numbers are ugly this year but he’s a good option for a veteran back up. Would be a good insurance policy for a playoff team looking to go deep.

Ya hes been bad post covid. Tough to really blame him though with getting only 3 starts in a month and usually playing on the back end of the back to backs.

I still think teams know what he can bring to the table and he would be a very reliable insurance

nucksauce

Oct 30, 2013
If we get anything of value it will be suprising. I like Halak and all but value isnt there, I dont see him getting picked up by a contender maybe if MAF does leave chicago Halak could find his way to there? Honeslty a 7th or future considerations would be fine he needs a fresh start and the Canucks need Spencer Martin on the roster.

Reactions: Holy Slapshot

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
He’s definitely not a primary backup option on a team trying to win anything but he’s fine as a nice veteran third string insurance policy. Expect the return to match the role.

Reactions: tyhee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad