Injury Report: John Marino "months away" from returning

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
From interviews given in Sweden, he describes it as the organisation just not believing in him for what he is as a player and trying to mold him into something he's not. He's said that they've been trying to work out a trade for a while but there hasn't been an offer that's considered good enough. As he described it, I thought it sounded like there was a dichotomy between his perceived value (in the organisation) as a player and as a trade chip. It sounded like a burned bridge to me. But never say never, I guess.

As a Brynäs fan, Söderström had better play out the two years in Sweden. He's been amazing with an excellent two-way game. I think that he's been their best player. He really gets to shine in the SHL. My guess is that he'll play in Sweden until he gets a chance with another NHL team, either via trade or UFA.
That sounds like a better plan for him to convert onto a high paying NHL contract at some point. Too risky to try with Utah when he can play well for 2 years and opens up the whole league where someone will find his skillset to be what they need.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad