Confirmed with Link: John MacLean is FINALLY Gone!!!

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Steve Peters caught that offsides goal in the playoffs. Why would you get rid of him.

Take the good with the bad though — excited we fired Maclean!! Best news in months

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Yes! Finally one good thing. Him having a coaching job was an affront to hockey in general.

Sucks about Peter's I think but idk enough about what he does to know how much effect it has.

87turbobuick

Jan 13, 2011
Phoenix
The assistant coaches do what the head guy wants. For the last few years this board moaned about coaches being fired, it turned out that we still were not good enough to make the playoffs. The Blues changed the head guy and won the cup with the same coaching staff. Every where that Trotz goes they win. This year in the final 8 we have 2 in season coaching changes, FIRE THE HEAD GUY.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I was impressed by MacLean’s ability to keep the PK as relatively effective as last year (minus all the shorties) but that success was totally negated by his inability to do anything else with the forward group.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Really shocked they let Peters go. He saved a couple of games for us all on his own this season. A cost-cutting move, for sure.

Reactions: Surfshop

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Craig is describing the coaching change as inexplicable. Am I missing something or is it just MacLean and Peters? The first sucked and the second is just a video coach so who cares?

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
I was impressed by MacLean’s ability to keep the PK as relatively effective as last year (minus all the shorties) but that success was totally negated by his inability to do anything else with the forward group.

Well, the PK definitely didn't work in the playoffs. Colorado absolutely DESTROYED them in the last couple of games.

I wonder if he took over and was like "do what worked under Allen". Doubt it's that simple but my point is it probably helped when the players remained the same and they knew how to do it right.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
They could have been part of the prospect testing debacle which cost the team the draft picks.

DOTS13

Werewolf of London
Dec 4, 2019
The Desert
The Steve Peters one is tough. He has given heart and soul to organization - been through everything with the likes of Stan Wilson, Rich Narin, and Doaner.

Reactions: Surfshop

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
Craig is describing the coaching change as inexplicable. Am I missing something or is it just MacLean and Peters? The first sucked and the second is just a video coach so who cares?
I asked Craig in the comments on his site why he was shocked about MacLean. He responded and more or less said that he’s not surprised at all about MacLean but was surprised by Peters

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad