Johansen vs Kesler

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Dirty generally need onr.of fine suspension or some type if injury caused... if you think extra pokes in game is dirty maybe try watching soccer

I agree.

Hockey is partly a dirty game. It just is. You basically glide around the ice as fast as you can whacking eachother/a puck with a stick.

That said....I think Kesler's and Anaheims intention of gaining an advantage through chicanery and deception caused them to loose focus.

They are really a talented team and should have been able to beat the Preds fair considering they were missing their top two centres.

The problem with trying to intimidate and agitate your opponent is that it has nothing to do with scoring goals.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
can't post the video on here or the link because of language.... but if you want a real good laugh of what johansen thinks of Kessler just google johnasen kesler video and enjoy.

yep loved it.

also a picture of kesler and bieska eating a burger together downtown at paradise park looking all sad after game 6. i don't know why but I enjoyed that one too.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
yep loved it.

also a picture of kesler and bieska eating a burger together downtown at paradise park looking all sad after game 6. i don't know why but I enjoyed that one too.
I'm honestly shocked they chose one of the most wild bars in Nashville to get food right after losing. I mean way to put it behind you but how do you surround yourself with thousands of people (being on Broadway, not the actual bar itself) celebrating your loss and just sit there?

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I'm honestly shocked they chose one of the most wild bars in Nashville to get food right after losing. I mean way to put it behind you but how do you surround yourself with thousands of people (being on Broadway, not the actual bar itself) celebrating your loss and just sit there?

i didn't even think of it that way. good point, that is kind of weird. i didn't even see either with a beer either.

Mustard

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville
For those uninformed - Paradise Park is a Trailer Park themed bar. And it's awesome. Preds fans get a free beer if they're wearing gold before games. Food sucks though.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
can't post the video on here or the link because of language.... but if you want a real good laugh of what johansen thinks of Kessler just google johnasen kesler video and enjoy.

I think they have the same agent so I hope they each keep calling him to vent about one another.

TwzKing

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2004
Can't stand his game and I'm glad the ducks are stuck with his $6,875,000 cap hit!
:laugh:

Wasn't the whole argument about his contract is, that it's good early on because they should win and you need a center of his caliber in the playoffs. BUT that contract was gonna sting in the later years. Every year they don't win that contract becomes more unsavory.

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
Are you implying that a play is not dirty as long as it doesn't result in injury? I hope not, because that would be pretty dumb.

Yes I am. Is the metric you are implying that 'anyone who does anything that's not fair' can be considered dirty? Is the centerman who cheats on face-offs dirty? Was Nick Lidstrom running those tiny pics for his D partner dirty? Is saying mean things dirty? Because then you would be dirty by your own metric for saying that someone else's idea was dumb. Do you see where your logic fails?

Now if you are implying that kesler has done suspension worthy plays, but none have resulted in an injury, I'll accept that (again with evidence).

I just think it's funny that in the series that contained Neal, Perry, and Richie, Kesler is the bad guy. Even Suban and Forsberg were throwing elbows. I'm sure other Ducks players did similar things and I didn't notice because of my bias, but I just really don't think Kessler is a dirty player because he doesn't try to injure players.

Is he annoying? Hell yes. Sean Avery drove me nuts when he was on the Kings but he never threw a cheap shot or something that I thought was dangerous. I'd never call him dirty either.

So, unless I covered it, what is your definition of dirty?

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Wasn't the whole argument about his contract is, that it's good early on because they should win and you need a center of his caliber in the playoffs. BUT that contract was gonna sting in the later years. Every year they don't win that contract becomes more unsavory.

it was a poison the minute he signed it.

How is Dustin Brown's contract looking?

How about Gaboriks?

Should we keep going?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad