Joffrey Lupul & James van Riemsdyk, proving others wrong

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
JvR has been amazing as a Leaf. He looks like a real threat for 30+ goals this season. One of my favourite players on the team. He's just got it all -- size, skill, shooting, and playmaking.

He's pretty damn awesome and is one of my favourite players on the team now as well. Hard to not to develop a mancrush when he has such a great combo of size and talent. The way he handles the puck in close around the net is incredible, makes it seem so effortless and calm.

I was happy with his performance last year but a bit iffy with his disappearing act.

I'm sure he will slump a little bit this year, but he looks like he's entered a new level in his career; he's probably in the best shape he's ever been in and his skating has entered into 'speed demon' territory. He's also been noticeable every single game and using his size really well.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
JVR was our most productive forward during the playoffs. I think he still has 2nd overall potential. His playmaking ability has improved, as has his defensive game, and he's starting to look a lot more consistent as well. It should be interesting to see how he plays with Bolland or Kadri.

PPG, 30-40G two-way forward is quite possible.

Trainspotter

May 28, 2013
Since trading him, they've been worse in the standings, saved minimal cap space, have no offense to speak of, and no players have emerged in his place. There is literally nothing you could point to that would suggest the Flyers are better off without JVR than they were with him.

JVR would be the best winger on Philadelphia's roster today.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
JVR is awesome.

Seeing his #21 out there fills me with confidence. He is making things happen with all 3 tools, size speed and hands.

Looking forward to Kadri centring this top line for a bit.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
JVR was our most productive forward during the playoffs. I think he still has 2nd overall potential. His playmaking ability has improved, as has his defensive game, and he's starting to look a lot more consistent as well. It should be interesting to see how he plays with Bolland or Kadri.

PPG, 30-40G two-way forward is quite possible.

JVR is absolutely playin like a top 2 pick right now. I would take him over Seguin without blinking, remember power forwards break out a little later, 23-25 yrs old. We won that trade easily.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
JVR is awesome.

Seeing his #21 out there fills me with confidence. He is making things happen with all 3 tools, size speed and hands.

Looking forward to Kadri centring this top line for a bit.

Regarding Kadri, I hope he does amazing to the point where the acc erupts into "Kadri's our first" chants so loud that it just forces RC to make the switch and not look back. The young man deserves it, he is a great player and tbh I would end the hunt for a 1c right there. He's our guy.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Like whom?

No one knew about JVR's potential? Lupul was a shocker? We have the finest collection of wingers in the NHl, period. If Kadri develops, Bob Mackenzie will be weeping in his beer for a decade.:handclap::laugh:

Randman

Nov 4, 2011
JVR Fun Stats

I'm not bashing the Luke Schenn trade but look at these stats:

JVR

11 GP 6 Goals 6 Assists = 12 pts (+/-) +7

Luke Schenn

11 GP 1 Goal 0 Assists = 1 pt (+/-) -5

Brayden Schenn

11 GP 2 Goals 4 Assists = 6 (+/-) -3

Schenn boys

489 GP 139 pts

JVR

255 GP 143 pts

weems

Jul 3, 2008
What a steal of a trade this was.
Schenn was just never that good in the first place but was badly overrated by Leaf nation because of his draft position and the fact he had a solid WJC and Pierre McGuire gushed over him. Dude is one of the weakest skaters I have ever seen play in the NHL and that just doesnt fly with the way the game is played nowadays. I remember throwing out a Luke Richardson comp when he was drafted but was laughed at like crazy but thats basically the path it looks like his career is going down. Solid foot soldier who will play 15 years but nothing to write home about and has some glaring holes in his game.

JVR looks like a guy who will perenially challenge making the AS game going forward.

Beauchemin for Lupul and Gardiner
Schenn for JVR

Man those are 2 wickid trades Burke pulled off.

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
Why do we not smear these trades in other fan bases faces? Boston did it for years about Kessel... Not saying I want to, I’m just wondering why we don’t?

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Why do we not smear these trades in other fan bases faces? Boston did it for years about Kessel... Not saying I want to, I’m just wondering why we don’t?

Because poeople care about us.

I really don't care enough about fans of the Flyers, Ducks or Flames to do the same.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Quick question.

Are there any Leaf fans who don't have JVR as their fav player right now? No Leaf impresses me and gives me confidence in the team like him..

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Quick question.

Are there any Leaf fans who don't have JVR as their fav player right now? No Leaf impresses me and gives me confidence in the team like him..

The way they have been playing the last 2 months I don't have a favorite player.

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
Quick question.

Love JVR, easily my 2nd favorite guy on the team. Kessel is our true gamebreaker though, been our best sniper and playmaker since the moment he was on the team. I would kill for some of our players to be able to pass like Kessel does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad