Joel Quenneville, Stan Bowman and John MacIsaac reinstated

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Coaching in the NHL privilege that these people don’t deserve. What price did he pay?

Says who? A bunch of habitually angry internet fans who don't even know 100% of the facts of the case? For many people in this thread, there is literally nothing Q could do or say that would make them change their opinion. You can't really reason with people like that.

He's lost several years of his career, millions of dollars and irrepairable damage to his reputation. Some may not think that's enough, but it's silly to act like he hasn't paid a price.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
Says who? A bunch of habitually angry internet fans who don't even know 100% of the facts of the case? For many people in this thread, there is literally nothing Q could do or say that would make them change their opinion. You can't really reason with people like that.

He's lost several years of his career, millions of dollars and irrepairable damage to his reputation. Some may not think that's enough, but it's silly to act like he hasn't paid a price.
He can work in another industry. Being in hockey isn't a civil right.

PunchImlach is Alive

Jul 15, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
For some people, this has little to do with hockey or talent or even the people involved. These three people getting a hockey job is like getting three new Pantera albums to a certain segment of folks who have never met nor will ever meet them. It makes them feel counter culture or like they are winning something so it's easy to see how these parasocial bonds form for hockey's dinosaurs.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Catholic Church, Boy Scouts, The NHL ;)

Embedding the quote on this so that it is not only bumped but bumped with context. Should be a sticky at top of every page in this thread.

Disgraceful, Bettman. Of course you were an apologist for that Piece of Shit Rocky Wirtz, so we shouldn’t be surprised.

Catholic Church, Boy Scouts, The NHL ;)

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
You would think if there was no proof Coach Q wouldn’t have gone on an apology tour and the three of them would have sued the NHL and media to the high heavens…

I get you’re the smartest guy in the room so explain what you don’t believe about the allegations
Again, show me the proof.

Do your own research Sonny. It aint tough.
Educating oneself is rewarding.
See above

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Embedding the quote on this so that it is not only bumped but bumped with context. Should be a sticky at top of every page in this thread.

Disgraceful, Bettman. Of course you were an apologist for that Piece of Shit Rocky Wirtz, so we shouldn’t be surprised.
I think comparing the NHL or more specifically the Blackhawks to worldwide organizations that have been rife with child abuse is a bit of a stretch.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I think comparing the NHL or more specifically the Blackhawks to worldwide organizations that have been rife with child abuse is a bit of a stretch.
It's fine if you think that way, but once you cross a line on things like this, the fact that you don't do it over and over and over again isn't a point in your favor.

"I guilty of enabling and not putting a stop to the sexual abuse of one of my employees by another one of my employees. But hey, we had a Cup to win. And we only did it once."

The only way to come back and atone is to acknowledge the wrong and be steadfast in the commitment to 1) make sure it never happens again, and 2) hold the people responsible to account. Gary has apologized for Rocky Wirtz and now seems to be doing so for Bowman and Quenneville.

You either have ethics and morals and behave as such, or you don't.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad