Joel Quenneville, Stan Bowman and John MacIsaac reinstated

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
All of these men supported a serial rapist. I don't ever want to hear about how the league supports sexual assault victims ever again - they have made it abundantly clear that winning means everything.

Sorry, Kyle. They failed you again.

Didn't Kyle give Q his blessing to continue coaching? Don't let me stop you from your raging though.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Didn't Kyle give Q his blessing to continue coaching? Don't let me stop you from your raging though.
The only source I can find about this is a tweet from Quenneville's daughter saying Beech gave Joel his blessing after the Cam and Strickland podcast.

Last edited:
Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
The only source I can find about this is a tweet from Quenneville's daughter saying Beach gave Joel his blessing after the Cam and Strickland podcast.

Sure, I guess there is a chance his daughter is outright lying although that would be easy enough for Beach to dispute. Friedman also reported that the league planned to discuss the issue with Beach directly though I wouldn't expect the specifics of that discussion to become public.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
All of these men supported a serial rapist. I don't ever want to hear about how the league supports sexual assault victims ever again - they have made it abundantly clear that winning means everything.

Sorry, Kyle. They failed you again.
I wonder if any of them spoke to Beech personally. For me that’s the starting point for any learning and redemption.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Pathetic of the NHL. It should be a lifetime ban for all three. They prioritized winning over human decency and morality, and two players were sexually assaulted and had promising careers derailed because of their skewed priorities.

And for the people in this thread who say they did nothing wrong? They absolutely did, and it doesn’t matter how much you or they try to justify it to fit your opinions: they all supported a rapist, and none of them should ever be allowed anywhere near the NHL.

Shame on Bettman. Shame on the three he reinstated. And shame on everyone who doesn’t see something wrong with what they did.
Then add whomever hires them to the shame list.

Reactions: Memento

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
There is almost zero proof of this online.
So many fans acting like they know exactly what happened as well. What's the difference?

Sure, I guess there is a chance his daughter is outright lying although that would be easy enough for Beach to dispute. Friedman also reported that the league planned to discuss the issue with Beach directly though I wouldn't expect the specifics of that discussion to become public.
There isn't anything else you can play the devil's advocate on?

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Taking more draft picks from Ottawa when?

In all seriousness, I don't know all the facts. But re-instated and actually hiring any of them is a totally different story. It would take a lot of courage to do so with the on coming backlash. I wouldn't want my team hiring any of them honestly, for many reasons.

Mind you a player like Kane still has a job and he was allegedly to have done terrible things. Sports people are just a different class than most of us, with chances upon chances.
Thats about the worst definition of courage I've seen.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
This is not a surprise.

If you remember the tone deaf press conference Bettman & Daly held when the news broke, you know they didn't give 2 shits about it and behaved like they were annoyed & offended that they had to address it all lol

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I’m tired of this cancel culture, where a man has to take a few years off from making millions in a job he doesn’t need just because he allowed some heinous crimes to occur. It’s unfair, for some reason I feel victimized and identify with these guys. Make the world perfectly ideal for men like me again.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
After what they covered up/enabled…if it were possible, sure.
Do you understand the concept of being punished, learning from a mistake and then being a better person for it?
Life isn't always perfect and neither are you.
The Blackhawks absolutely could have done things better no doubt about it.
The real injustice is posters who feel the need to puff out their chests and out virtue each other, all the while the real dick in this is ,the video coach who goes unnoticed because of a weird superiority kick that some folks go on attempting to prove to everyone they are outraged.
Grow up.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Was Kyle Beach the only player who said Aldrich assaulted him? No, and also some interns on the team said Aldrich was inappropriate with them. Including at the cup parade, something thay could of been prevented if Q/Bowman/McIssac did anything to follow though and see something was happening.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
Do you understand the concept of being punished, learning from a mistake and then being a better person for it?
Life isn't always perfect and neither are you.
The Blackhawks absolutely could have done things better no doubt about it.
The real injustice is posters who feel the need to puff out their chests and out virtue each other, all the while the real dick in this is ,the video coach who goes unnoticed because of a weird superiority kick that some folks go on attempting to prove to everyone they are outraged.
Grow up.
Where's the proof he's changed?

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
bad time to complain about this, but why were the panthers not compensated in anyway for losing their headcoach due to this? Team got basically punished for what occurred with the blackhawks

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Flyers will sign Q to replace Torts when he loses the team and gets moved upstairs to be the owner's $4 million a year BFF.

tfwnogf

Dec 15, 2013
Can't these old farts just enjoy retirement and go the f*** away? I feel like this keeps getting brought up over and over cause they just won't go away. Let us enjoy hockey without tainting the sport with your presence Joel and Stan. Enjoy your millions of dollars, make like a tree and f*** off.

Last edited:

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
Where's the proof he's changed?
More importantly, where is the proof that he was involved in the cover up? So many people just skimmed through the investigation, saw Q was mad that a meeting during the playoffs was being conducted about a non team member, and concluded that he was a monster that was involved in a large cover up operation.

Like the dude is in the middle of the playoffs, coaching the most stacked team to ever be assembled in the salary cap era, and there is a meeting about a player who has literally no chance of joining the team. Like can he just focus on the task at hand? I don’t think any coach would be prepared to take their mind off in between game adjustments in the Stanley cup playoffs to discuss personal incidents regarding a player who is not on the team.

Also if anybody remembers that time period, they know Q was in the hot seat should that team not go all the way. His job and career reputation was on the line.

I side with Q. Sorry I can’t join the virtue signaling groupthink that devolves in these threads.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad