Joel Quenneville, Stan Bowman and John MacIsaac reinstated

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
The Leafs don't practice in Toronto they practice in Etobicoke.

The Chicago Bears are headquartered in Lake Forest.

The Dallas Cowboys play Arlington outside of Dallas.

Sunrise according to the OMB is a Miami Suburb. It doesn't make a difference.
Thanks for clarifying

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
I will have to take a long moment to consider if I want to continue being a Penguins fan if any of them get hired.

Had a convo with a co worker and we discussed what it would mean hiring known people like this.
Why stop there - it's the NHL that employs these guys so shouldn't you also stop watching NHL altogether? Wouldn't that be more logical?

Mind you I have no opinion on this topic. Never followed the CHI story so I don't know what Q did or didn't do - could care less. All I do know is hockey culture is flooded with toxic shenanigans. I feel a lot of fans are oblivious to just how bad it can get in those locker rooms lol

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Not a surprise they did this during the free agent frenzy to try and hide it.

Best sport. Worst league.

From the article:

Among other things, the scathing report found that in June 2010, after the team had won the Cup, Aldrich was given the option of resigning or being part of an investigation. Aldrich signed a separation agreement and no investigation was conducted. Aldrich received a severance and a playoff bonus, according to the report, and he was paid a salary “for several months.” He hosted the Stanley Cup for a day in his hometown.

And he got his name on the Cup until they xx'd it out.

Last edited:

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
quenneville is 900 years old and has won the cup like 7 times. Can he not just retire? do his wife and kids hate him that much?

When your priorities are f***ed up enough to ignore an alleged sexual assault of your players so you can try and win the Stanley Cup, it's not that surprising you'd put it ahead of things like family as well.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Pathetic of the NHL. It should be a lifetime ban for all three. They prioritized winning over human decency and morality, and two players were sexually assaulted and had promising careers derailed because of their skewed priorities.

And for the people in this thread who say they did nothing wrong? They absolutely did, and it doesn’t matter how much you or they try to justify it to fit your opinions: they all supported a rapist, and none of them should ever be allowed anywhere near the NHL.

Shame on Bettman. Shame on the three he reinstated. And shame on everyone who doesn’t see something wrong with what they did.

Chris5225

Dec 29, 2019
Quenneville will end up in Edmonton. They need to win with this core and coach Q puts them over the top in my opinion. Is it right? Does it matter?

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Hope coach q can get a job again

Pathetic of the NHL. It should be a lifetime ban for all three. They prioritized winning over human decency and morality, and two players were sexually assaulted and had promising careers derailed because of their skewed priorities.

And for the people in this thread who say they did nothing wrong? They absolutely did, and it doesn’t matter how much you or they try to justify it to fit your opinions: they all supported a rapist, and none of them should ever be allowed anywhere near the NHL.

Shame on Bettman. Shame on the three he reinstated. And shame on everyone who doesn’t see something wrong with what they did.
I’ll read this in a bit. Sounds great

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
This league showing time and time again it is an absolutely joke of a f***ing carny show.

These assholes should’ve been banned/blackballed for life….

Seriously?? Why do we continue to support this flaming shitbag of a league?? I get that we all love hockey, but goddamn

They were suspended and reinstated.
Did you want them drawn and quartered?
Maybe knee capped?
Eyes gouged out?

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Why stop there - it's the NHL that employs these guys so shouldn't you also stop watching NHL altogether? Wouldn't that be more logical?

Mind you I have no opinion on this topic. Never followed the CHI story so I don't know what Q did or didn't do - could care less. All I do know is hockey culture is flooded with toxic shenanigans. I feel a lot of fans are oblivious to just how bad it can get in those locker rooms lol
O I won't disagree with you there's lots of coveted up.

I can only do the best I can.

ozzie

Aug 3, 2005
Australia
Taking more draft picks from Ottawa when?

In all seriousness, I don't know all the facts. But re-instated and actually hiring any of them is a totally different story. It would take a lot of courage to do so with the on coming backlash. I wouldn't want my team hiring any of them honestly, for many reasons.

Mind you a player like Kane still has a job and he was allegedly to have done terrible things. Sports people are just a different class than most of us, with chances upon chances.

Reactions: DaveG

Satoru Gojo

Jan 15, 2012
Quenneville is an incredible coach if you don't care about the outside stuff. If you strictly want your team to win, you'd be crazy not to want him. He spoke out about the scandal stuff on a youtube pod
Nobody here or on Reddit will care about that though

Bowman shouldn't work again though, at least not in an NHL front office

The blackhawks should have been penalized for what they did to these players. Should’ve completely removed the team from the league. The NHL showed that the team can get away with it without any repercussions.
:huh::huh::huh:

Satoru Gojo

Jan 15, 2012
Gross.

None of these guys should ever be allowed in the NHL again.

Quenneville in particular has been extra despicable through this whole thing. The others have at least had the good sense to feign contrition and go into media blackout. Meanwhile Q has gone on media/podcast tours with sympathetic interviewers and had the audacity to frame HIMSELF as the victim.

What a toxic, entitled piece of shit.
I listened to all and didn't get that vibe

He didn't act enough for sure, but was also told that the hire ups were taking care of it

2010 was a different time unfortunately when it comes to these issues, Bowman shouldn't be back but I don't think Q should be given a lifetime ban

Schennanigans

Dec 26, 2008
Etobicoke, on
Nobody here or on Reddit will care about that though

Bowman shouldn't work again though, at least not in an NHL front office

:huh::huh::huh:
Something needs to be done so it never happens again. There should have been a significant punishment to the franchise. These players got assaulted what was the punishment to the organization. Nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad