Value of: Joe Pavelski at TDL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
We need a change here in big D. I hope we fall off the face of the earth in the second half because 1. Im really not a fan of our system and coach and 2. Our GM has had his run. He deserves another shot, but we need something new. Add that to the fact that Robo, Hintz, Miro, Oetter is a solid building block and both Kling and Pavelski should return quality assets, this is the perfect year for Dallas to retool in order to avoid a full blown rebuild.

That said I have zero faith in management and ownership and my bet is that Pavs does not get traded and we stay as a 16th ranked team...

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
While the return would be nice, I think his leadership is too valuable to the Stars. I can imagine they’d try to extend his contract unless they really, really fall out of the race.

Bigshow747

May 12, 2018
The Pens have assets that could eclipse what's being offered here, depending on what the Stars are looking for.

1st, Poulin, Joseph, Blomqvist, Kapanen, etc.

Joseph and a 1st interest me the most. I'm not sure if we'd get that, given all the other UFA's that are starting to become available, but Pavelski should at least land us (if we actually see the value in moving our assets) something more than Nick Foligno. A first is a non starter, and I think a non-top 3 prospect. Our major prospect pool weakness is defensive depth. I would hope that if we move Pavelski and Klingberg we do something to address that, or at the very least use 1sts we get to draft defensemen in the draft.

Reactions: Dipsy Doodle

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
I personally would rather a higher prospect vs draft picks. I don’t care for Nills drafting. Pavelski if traded will fetch something very good for Dallas. He is a high end rental. This is someone who will score goals come playoffs and does all the little things teams crave. He will get more than Foligno returned last year. Massive difference in players. That being said I give it about 1% chance he is moved. Nill wants to make the playoffs and pavelski is a guy you want to have come playoffs.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
he also happens to be on one of the most productive lines in the league

pavs hintz and rob are magic this season

Robertson is something of a phenom for Stars but the way Pavelski is mentoring Hintz is even more valuable (than Pavs mentoring J-Rob). That line has to stay together.

For their cap management, if Lindell can't be dumped, then maybe Klingberg needs to be traded out after all. A tough thing to do.

The wee DAL board doesn't seem to have a high opinion of the FO so who knows what happens, though.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Really doubt Dallas would move on from him if they're anywhere near a playoff spot.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
I personally would rather a higher prospect vs draft picks. I don’t care for Nills drafting. Pavelski if traded will fetch something very good for Dallas. He is a high end rental. This is someone who will score goals come playoffs and does all the little things teams crave. He will get more than Foligno returned last year. Massive difference in players. That being said I give it about 1% chance he is moved. Nill wants to make the playoffs and pavelski is a guy you want to have come playoffs.

You cant compare a player in a season with no good player are available and a season with a lot of good option.

If they are 3 good player for 16 buyer, its a lot harder to get something than 20 good player for 16 team.

If dallas ask too much for pavelski, team interested in pavelski will look at giroux or hertl or jt miller, lindholm, klinberg, chychrun If it still too much, rakell, copp, statsny, giordano, manson, chiarot, kessel, ristolainen, colin miller, pk subbanbraun, de haan...

Its not the same thing than foligno, hall, palmieri, savard, carter, eric staal...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad