Value of: Joe Pavelski at TDL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
The number of buyers that can afford Pavelski outright because of the flat cap is so limited that retention should be the expectation, not an optional, value-added scenario.

Reactions: BHD

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
Gotta admit, I think Pavelski would look sick scoring goals in a Rangers jersey. The return isn’t bad, either.

Think he would be an excellent fit. If Lafreniere sticks on the top line with Mika and Kreider, Pavelski can slide in with Panarin and Strome nicely. But his versatility even gives us the option to run 3 evenly talented lines that would make us hard to match up with.

Reactions: Grabner

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
Atleast a first and a third (or prospect equivalent) - Dont see Dallas moving him unless they fall from the sky in the 2nd half of the season

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
If we were to trade Tarasenko at or near the deadline, I’d be all on on him as a Blues fan.
That doesn't make sense to me. Keep Tarasenko for one more run and then trade him for picks or whatever in the offseason. If you trade him for Pavs you're basically burning those assets you could get in the offseason.

Reactions: Grabner

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I would do a 2022 1st and any prospect not in the top 3 no questions asked. Or a 1st and a 2nd if they'd rather have draft capital.

Pavs scores the kind of goals that can win you a playoff series. Very consistent performer that is effective just about anywhere in the lineup.

I'd be willing to do 1st + Zary + conditional 2nd

If he re-signs it's a 2nd otherwise it's a 4th

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Question for Dallas fans, do yall think the stars are gonna be selling?

They are only 4 points out of a playoff spot, also if they go 500 in their next 5 they are only 2 points out of a divisional spot given the games in hand they have.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017

They are only 4 points out of a playoff spot, also if they go 500 in their next 5 they are only 2 points out of a divisional spot given the games in hand they have.
Sell yes. But small pieces not big ones. Dallas will probably miss the playoffs by a few points and that is too close for Nill to sell the big pieces by the deadline. He will make every effort to make the playoffs except for buying. So not really every effort but that is what he will say.

suprafastcelica

Oct 30, 2006

As a stars fan, I hope they drop like a rock the second half. Their coach is horrible and Nill refuses to do anything about it. If the they miss the playoff and don't sell at the deadline, I hope both Nill and Bowness are gone. This "being mediocre" is absolutely ridiculous.

Reactions: JesusNPucks

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
I would do a 2022 1st and any prospect not in the top 3 no questions asked. Or a 1st and a 2nd if they'd rather have draft capital.

Pavs scores the kind of goals that can win you a playoff series. Very consistent performer that is effective just about anywhere in the lineup.

Curious who you consider "top 3". I feel like with Wolf it's a top 4.

If so, I agree with this. 1st plus any other prospect

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I'd be willing to do 1st + Zary + conditional 2nd

If he re-signs it's a 2nd otherwise it's a 4th

I'm higher on Zary than most but even if I wasn't he'd be tough to give up. Our only C prospect with much of a chance at playing in a NHL top 6 someday.

Curious who you consider "top 3". I feel like with Wolf it's a top 4.

If so, I agree with this. 1st plus any other prospect

I had Wolf in there but completely forgot about Coronato for some reason. So maybe the top 4 of Pelletier, Wolf, Coronato, and Zary are off limits if our 1st is in play. Valimaki I still think has a good chance of being a top 4 D someday but I could let him go in the right deal.

Not really sure what the Stars are after exactly. Rebuilding with the Benn and Seguin contracts on the books would be challenging. If they were more looking for young tweeners with upside maybe Phillips or Mackey would be of interest.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I'm higher on Zary than most but even if I wasn't he'd be tough to give up. Our only C prospect with much of a chance at playing in a NHL top 6 someday.

Yea I see him as a 2nd/3rd liner. Moving him isn't so much me saying I undervalue him but I think as an organization this year we are either all in or we need to be sellers and I think Pavelski is literally the player we need so I'd trade almost anything for him. The Pacific is pretty weak this year and I like our chances with Pavelski vs the Knights.

Reactions: Magic Mittens

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad