Management Jim Montgomery 2: Trouble in Paradise?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Jim Montgomery was and will be a fantastic college or Junior hockey coach.

He has an impressive record of success as an NHL assistant coach with St Louis, specializing in offense.

However, FWIW, I have concluded that at present, he is not an NHL head coach.

Not for this team, at any rate.

I wish him well and mean no malice, but the Sunny Jim experiment in Boston has come to an end, or will in short order.

Yes, it is early in the season.

Yes, it will take time for this edition of the Boston Bruins to mesh and become a team. That will be the case no matter who is behind the Boston bench.

But the results are clear.

The results that matter, which is to say the playoffs and going deep into them - speak for themselves.

All credit for advancement into the second round after several seasons of failure to do so under Bruce Cassidy.

Even so, this is not going to work out.

Jim Montgomery is not the head coach the Boston Bruins need.

I don't wish to be cruel or nonchalant, but get rid of him.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbfan419

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Maybe Pasta doesn’t get 2 bad penalties in first 8 minutes of second period that lead to 2 PP goals

The first one 11 seconds in a flat footed reach of stick to hands

The second an offensive zone trip at the end of a long shift that kind controlled play - inexcusable penalty

In between those two a bad wiff and interference on Wotherspoon ~ bad play all around ~ another PP goal

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Team has laid a few eggs the past few games. But lots of teams struggle at different times during a long season, Colorado was 0-4 a bit ago, Edmonton stunk it up early last season and made the finals. I think there’s too much talent here for them not to figure it out.

Reactions: GordonHowe

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
How about a hockey trade, Jim Montgomery for John Tortorella?
A Lot of Philly fans would love that.

I think the real question is would they hire Quenneville? Or just go to interim Leach? I think Leach is the likely candidate. If they lose to the Leafs and Philly I think Monty's done.

KurtDangle

Jul 22, 2019
If they fire Monty i hope they dont just promote someone within organisation. I would hire a new coaching staff completly. Fresh start for everyone.

Jorgolyte

Jun 9, 2024
I'm not in love with the guy but look at the forward corps he's rolling with every night. He did very well last year and probably deserves some time

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Jim Montgomery was and will be a fantastic college or Junior hockey coach.

He has an impressive record of success as an NHL assistant coach with St Louis, specializing in offense.

However, FWIW, I have concluded that at present, he is not an NHL head coach.

Not for this team, at any rate.

I wish him well and mean no malice, but the Sunny Jim experiment in Boston has come to an end, or will in short order.

Yes, it is early in the season.

Yes, it will take time for this edition of the Boston Bruins to mesh and become a team. That will be the case no matter who is behind the Boston bench.

But the results are clear.

The results that matter, which is to say the playoffs and going deep into them - speak for themselves.

All credit for advancement into the second round after several seasons of failure to do so under Bruce Cassidy.

Even so, this is not going to work out.

Jim Montgomery is not the head coach the Boston Bruins need.

I don't wish to be cruel or nonchalant, but get rid of him.

If the results are what matter, then I'd aim higher: Cam and Donnie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad