Jim Matheson should have his voting privileges revoked

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Panthers are glad they gave it to McDavid, anyone on that team would be embarrassed to go up and grab it after what he just did.

....except McDavid didn't go up at all though. :help:

I'm sure either Barkov or Bob would've been overjoyed and maybe even a little humbled to receive the honour of being named playoffs MVP, and would've approached Bettman to receive the award without issue.

Maybe the fact that Connor chose to ignore the honour entirely will lead to futures voters opting to avoid the whole "pick a guy from the losing team" mindset, because I imagine the NHL wants to avoid Bettman or any future commish just getting snubbed like that before the Cup presentation.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
This is where you can delineate between professional journalists and unabashed fanboys.

It would be interesting to go back and check how he voted in 2006 (if he was a voter back then). That might give more insight if he actually is an extreme fanboy. I have my doubts just based on that unprofessional session he had with Leon a couple years back.

Like I said before, I think this cup run is a real anomaly where the cup winning team got outscored by 5 goals, and their leading scorer was 5th, not anywhere close to a top 3 spot. I think it would be very hard to find another playoff like this.

I'm not sure I'd vote for all three oilers. But if there was a scenario where I could at least consider it plausible, it would be this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad