Prospect Info: Jett Woo, Pt. II

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
More and more teams have them closer.

Edm and Cal have them in Bakersfield and Stockton which isn’t exactly next door. TB and FLA have theirs in Syracuse and Springfield MA. Vegas in Chicago but that’s likely due to not having enough prospects. See if they ultimately move it to Utah or somewhere closer in the next 5 years.

Vancouver has theirs the furthest away not to mention the time zone difference. Ideally I’d like to see them move it to California. It sure if having them in the Fraser valley works with the bchl and the giants.

What about portland or Boise?

Portland got a Decent WHL team and they got fans attending.
Boise loves their college football and don't have anything else. 4x the size of utica

Reactions: lindgren

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
he hires them ffs
To be fair he hired them base on their past employment and schooling.

No hockey minded person or average Joe can tell the difference between a top notch 5star doctor vs a decent doctor in an interview. Also it's a group of doctors/trainers so its a combo. People will always find someone to blame though.

Now a days if a doctor allowed someone back to hockey to early and its proven. His career is finished. So I doubt thats the case here

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Like a lot of d-men drafted after first round, Woo is going to need a couple of seasons in the AHL at least. The good news is that he could conceivably be loaned to Utica this season, but if the Hitmen go deep into the WHL playoffs, that might not happen.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Unfortunately he hasn't been that good this year, so far. Still have high hopes for him though.

stats wise hes the 2nd highest scoring dman + minus is ok, his current team is scoring at a pace NOT similar to last years Warriors.

Last edited:

dombrova22

Apr 12, 2017
stats wise hes the 2nd highest scoring dman + minus is ok, his current team is scoring at a pace NOT similar to last years Warriors.
Sure on his team, but the invited have been superior this year so far. The only one you could argue IMO is Diliberatore. However the word is he has been an absolute stud defensively down in the NCAA.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
That sucks
especially considering three defense 2nd round picks from the same draft made the camp.

hopefully he uses the motivation.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I don't know what it is with the Canucks and players from the Dub. Even when the expend some second round draft picks on guys like Woo and Lind, they just seem to plateau. And they're still waiting on Virtanen, to some extent. Not saying that either guy won't make it, but clearly they're going to need a lot of time in the minors.

In fact I'm struggling to come up the name of a single guy other than Smyl and Neely (traded) who ever amounted to a hill of beans in a Canucks uniform. Better to stick with the USHL and Europe.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I have high hopes for Jet Woo to at least be a 4/5 at absolute worst. A RHD that can skate and has the best name ever for hockey can't disappoint. Give him time and you watch !

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
I don't know what it is with the Canucks and players from the Dub. Even when the expend some second round draft picks on guys like Woo and Lind, they just seem to plateau. And they're still waiting on Virtanen, to some extent. Not saying that either guy won't make it, but clearly they're going to need a lot of time in the minors.

In fact I'm struggling to come up the name of a single guy other than Smyl and Neely (traded) who ever amounted to a hill of beans in a Canucks uniform. Better to stick with the USHL and Europe.
It has to be eating away at Jimmy, this lack of WHL success. After a while it must almost test his faith in the prairies and it's hockey league to produce real good hockey players. Just imagine how he must feel watching Kole Lind fail. It's got to be like a punch in the gut. Kole comes from a two elevator town for crying out loud. This is breaking Jimbo's heart...

The town of Shaunavon, Saskatchewan has two grain elevators. Both are former Saskatchewan Wheat Pool elevators – the former “C” and “F” elevators, on opposite sides of the railway track.

Shaunavon Elevator Company and elevators, Shaunavon, SK, March 2018. Copyright by Michael Truman.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008

The Hitmen this year are scoring at a higher rate than Woo's Warriors team last year.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Really don’t think it’s a big deal that he isn’t on team Canada. He still has tons of upside. Good feet, speed, monster hitter. No issues moving the puck.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Really don’t think it’s a big deal that he isn’t on team Canada. He still has tons of upside. Good feet, speed, monster hitter. No issues moving the puck.
I agree. Never the end of the world. These are the best Dmen from 3 Canadian NHL draft classes.

Noah Dobson, is likely to be loaned out from the Isles as he's only dressed for 7 games so far and we are nearing the 1/3 mark of the season (at 27 games). Drysdale is the draft eligible offensive guy, similar to how Ellis was back in around 2010. Would expect to see him on the roster to run the PP and bring offence from the back end.

Up to 2 spots would be left for a RHD. Other RHD at the selection camp are Addison, Docker and draft eligible Schneider. Doubt, they end up with 2 draft eligible Dmen on the team. So, it should come down to Addison and Docker for that other spot in the top 6. And depending on who they want as the #7 guy.
There are 6 LHD invited and none are draft eligible, so better odds that #7D is a lefty.

Reactions: hoyhoy42

Krnuckfan

Oct 11, 2006

I would love to see what his usage has been like this year compared to last. I remember last year his d partner was Josh Brook who was a 2nd round draft pick overager who was racking up the points. He was also playing on the #1pp unit. I think that may have been a big factor in Woo's supposed offensive improvement from a 0.57ppg in his draft year to a >1ppg in his d+1.

Now that he doesn't get to play with an offensive minded partner his ppg has regressed exactly back to what it was in his draft year 0.56ppg which is pretty disappointing.

Reactions: lindgren

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014

ohl to been kind to the nucks.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006

You deserve a swift kick that you forget about the immortal Sopes! ....and to an extent Grabner (I think he's from the W)??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad