GDT: Jets vs Senators 6pm, SN360 & SN1 - "Romancing the Stone"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Clearly there is a demand on this board for a vintage tech GDT.
I'm not really the man for the job but I think many on here would be in bliss wandering down memory lane.

Man the main board Stone / Jets thread is long.
I saw one guy propose Ehlers, 2019 1st, Stanley and 2020 1st for rental Stone.
He tried to qualify how great it was for Winnipeg because we didn't give up Roslovic or Niku...

F@$k OFF!!!!!!
Arguably, Ehlers is worth more than a signed Stone, let alone rental Stone.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
The Buff situation troubles me, and not just because I was looking forward to seeing him tonight. Hope that ankle is all healed and it’s something else to be honest.

Jets head coach Paul Maurice says Byfuglien’s injury is not a recurrence of the ankle ailment that kept him out of 15 games recently.

“It’s another minor one that’s not going to help the original one,” Maurice said. “The original one’s fine enough to play. It’s strong, and it’s getting stronger. He wasn’t going to be able to perform very well, and we think in a few days he’ll settle right in.”

Reactions: Derfel

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
If Laine scores tonight I will have a pic of Nic Petan as my avatar for a week, with some complimentary signature about him.

Pulling out all the stops here

My daughter wants to make a “it’s my first Jets game poster” and put Go Laine on it (her favourite player). She has no idea about the slump.

I take this as a sign from the hockey gods that the slump ends tonight!

Good vibes and good omens guys. :clap: Lets go Laine!!!!

Reactions: Jets 31

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
At the main board thread
What Sens fans are thinking they can get from Chevy for Stone is laughable
I like to see what deal Dorian makes by next week

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Just visited my 90 year old mother who was listening to CBC radio through her hearing aids; they link to her cell phone through Bluetooth. Seems like yesterday I was playing pong for a quarter a game lol.
Laine gets two tonight. Book it.
Ooow , i lost alot of quarters on vid , Asteroids was a awesome game . :laugh:

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
When I got my first PC back in '94 I put an extra stick of RAM in...$284 for 8 megs! Yes, I said "megs," not gigs. lol...
same for me.
i remember that my dad was smart and upgraded our PC to the first Pentium chip. i also remember adding more RAM down the road. 8 or 16 MB to get a few more years of life.

i'm also old enough to remember my dad bringing home a "portable computer". it was a briefcase and the top panel opened up to expose a small black and orange screen. you used BASIC to launch WordPerfect v1.0

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I find it very curious that after all this time Niku is finally getting to play and it's against Ottawa . :badidea:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
My daughter wants to make a “it’s my first Jets game poster” and put Go Laine on it (her favourite player). She has no idea about the slump.

I take this as a sign from the hockey gods that the slump ends tonight!
I'll keep an eye out for that sign and a smiling dad :)

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Gawd I really Really REALLY hope we get Garry Galley doing colour on our game!!! /reversejinx

EDIT: It worked (kinda)... we get Millen... :laugh:

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
For anyone wanting to check tonights starting lineup I have most of the forwards profiles done on the wiki, still need to do defence, goalies and Ehlers. I'll keep it up to date with information including starting lines, current stats, links to Hockey Ref, Elite Prospects and Cap Friendly as well as current injuries and those in the press box. If I'm missing something let me know!

Winnipeg Jets Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad