GDT: Jets vs Coyotes • 7:00 pm CT • TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
And to think, the team has had the same staff in place for eight years, and all we've had to show for it is a run to the Western Conference Final. Everything else? Pretty much bad or super mediocre.

This is why I think trading first-round picks is stupid. I don't want to have a lousy team for four years, then have a" contender" for one or two years, then go back to being garbage.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
It’s not that Wheeler is a bad player. It’s just that he can’t be THE play driver anymore and he fumbles the puck more than any guy who has the puck on his stick this much in the league.
Anybody not named ehlers he fumbles the puck more I agree

folix

Jul 24, 2011
And to think, the team has had the same staff in place for eight years, and all we've had to show for it is a run to the Western Conference Final. Everything else? Pretty much bad or super mediocre.

This is why I think trading first-round picks is stupid. I don't want to have a lousy team for four years, then have a" contender" for one or two years, then go back to being garbage.
I think its stupid to have the same coaching staff for 8 years with one good year only. No one else would.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

I agree with the general point. I don't believe those first rounders, if those picks were kept, would be the difference between this team being good or not this year. I think the Stastny trade was good for the team and the city. I think the Hayes trade turned out to be pretty bad.

Reactions: Sixty Minute Man

folix

Jul 24, 2011
That awesome zone man hybrid defensive scheme cost us two goals. Lol at TSN asking why Morrissey chasing guys to the blue line, uhhh cause that's what pomo and Huddy have them doing.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Maurice is circling the drain. Let’s flush.
yep, when you find out Maurice is one of the guest teachers at your kids hockey camp....

tumblr_ptfm2cfvMI1xkok61o1_400.gifv

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
.500 after playing a total of 0 top NHL teams/contenders.... i think us being .500 with this team will not last much longer

I think your right here --if the Jet's don't fix their defense, they are looking at a 500 season, or maybe less. They haven't played tought teams yet, and their coming up soon.

I think we'll have to live with this team, and slowly fix our defense, rather than trade young stars away like Ehlers --which would be the wrong thing to do. We do have Cap space and can acquire some free agents, and I think Chevy will.

Right now --this is a 500 team at best. If Buff and Beaulieu return we may be competitive again, and bring that % up a bit.

Let's not forget --right now we've lost just about all our top 4 defenseman, except Morrissey. Can't expect much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad