Proposal: Jets - Red Wings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Wings farm is filled with LD who will be pushing for spots soon, don't need to be adding another body in the mix at the expense of a skilled young F which we have less depth of. Stanley seems to have pretty limited upside atp, not much intrigue here from Wings pov.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Wings farm is filled with LD who will be pushing for spots soon, don't need to be adding another body in the mix at the expense of a skilled young F which we have less depth of. Stanley seems to have pretty limited upside atp, not much intrigue here from Wings pov.
Agree....Edvinsson and Sebrango already negate the need for Stanley.

Reactions: Habsrule

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I almost think Zadina and vesalainen purely from the stand point of a change of scenery/fit/role in the lineups could be beneficial for both. But I have done zero deep thinking on that lol

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I almost think Zadina and vesalainen purely from the stand point of a change of scenery/fit/role in the lineups could be beneficial for both. But I have done zero deep thinking on that lol

When you do, remember it's a horrible trade 1-1.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
As a neutral fan I have to assume Zadina has significantly more value. Sure he hasn’t lived up to his draft spot but Stanley is a dime a dozen big man defenceman. I watched him many times play in Kitchener and he never screamed NHL defenceman to me.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Zadina is more valuable than Stanley but this is a horrible argument for why. Why would you even say something like this?
You're kidding right? Dude you just said that Zadina is more valuable then Stanley, And i'm agreeing Zadina>>Stanley so yeah Winnipeg needs to add a little something to even it out because 1 for 1 Zadina>>Stanley and LD Detroit is stacked so Stanley isn't even a need for Detroit.

Cenzhin

Mar 2, 2018
Calgary
You're kidding right? Dude you just said that Zadina is more valuable then Stanley, And i'm agreeing Zadina>>Stanley so yeah Winnipeg needs to add a little something to even it out because 1 for 1 Zadina>>Stanley and LD Detroit is stacked so Stanley isn't even a need for Detroit.
Your reasoning for Zadina being worth more is because he was drafted higher. Never seen a more silly argument for player valuation.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
When you do, remember it's a horrible trade 1-1.
What’s so bad about it? Two overrated prospects at the draft struggling to establish themselves in the league? Zadi a is more a boom or bust, vesalainen is probsbly a safer option to consistently play in a middle 6 with top 6 complimentary upside. If both teams think their guy needs a change of scenery why not? Maybe add a pick with vesalainen but each players point production currently shouldn’t be the only means of evaluation, despite what fans on this site might make u think.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
What’s so bad about it? Two overrated prospects at the draft struggling to establish themselves in the league? Zadi a is more a boom or bust, vesalainen is probsbly a safer option to consistently play in a middle 6 with top 6 complimentary upside. If both teams think their guy needs a change of scenery why not? Maybe add a pick with vesalainen but each players point production currently shouldn’t be the only means of evaluation, despite what fans on this site might make u think.

Zadina is established as a proficient middle six winger, competes hard and plays a strong two-way game, but he’s been very unlucky when it comes to scoring. Swapping him for Vesalainen would be a downgrade and doesn’t solve any problems Detroit has.

The Wings need centers with top six potential or an LD (not a prospect) to hold down the top 4 while our prospect pool develops.

Last edited:

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Zadina is established as a proficient middle six winger, competes hard and plays a strong two-way game, but he’s been very unlucky when it comes to scoring. Swapping him for Vesalainen would be a downgrade and doesn’t solve any problems Detroit has.

The Wings need centers with top six potential or an LD (not a prospect) to hold down the top 4 while our prospect pool develops.
I don’t think many in hockey would agree with your assessment of his two way game and compete level but I don’t watch him enough to form my own opinion but if that’s the case nvm then

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I'm not intimately familiar with Stanley, but I'm not understanding why other Wings' fans are against this.

Stanley looks to be having a solid start to his career on the stat sheet. I could still see him having more upside under the idea that big guys and defenseman tend to devlop slower.

We have no good LD on the roster. I don't see why having Johansson, Wallinder, Sebrango, Viro as a reason to not go after guys that are currently NHLers. They are a few years away from the NHL and will have growing to do in the NHL, if they even work out.

Winger-wise, we have Raymond, Bertuzzi, Vrana, Fabbri. Then there's Berggren and Soderblom who are ranked ahead of those defenseman in mostly everyone's rankings.

Maybe I'm completely off the mark on Stanley and he's trash, but this sure seems like a good fit to me.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
I'm not intimately familiar with Stanley, but I'm not understanding why other Wings' fans are against this.

Stanley looks to be having a solid start to his career on the stat sheet. I could still see him having more upside under the idea that big guys and defenseman tend to devlop slower.

We have no good LD on the roster. I don't see why having Johansson, Wallinder, Sebrango, Viro as a reason to not go after guys that are currently NHLers. They are a few years away from the NHL and will have growing to do in the NHL, if they even work out.

Winger-wise, we have Raymond, Bertuzzi, Vrana, Fabbri. Then there's Berggren and Soderblom who are ranked ahead of those defenseman in mostly everyone's rankings.

Maybe I'm completely off the mark on Stanley and he's trash, but this sure seems like a good fit to me.

I don’t hate it. I agree that we need NHL-ready LD, we have a strong prospect pool but they aren’t ready to play 20 minutes a night and the only LD signed for next season is Oesterle. Stanley-Seider could be a pretty punishing pair...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad