GDT: Jets @ Pens • Sat Feb 27, 2PM • Consol Energy Center • "Book Em, Dano"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiho

Apr 30, 2012
This team looks like garbage. This hasn't even been a typical Jets loss, they just look completely overmatched.

I'm feeling like less than 70 points is a legit possibility.

Agree...I would be surprised if we do not finish 28th overall

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Is Peluso just going to take that ugly hit from Malkin? Hope he brings some retribution next shift

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
This team looks like garbage. This hasn't even been a typical Jets loss, they just look completely overmatched.

I'm feeling like less than 70 points is a legit possibility.

I can't even believe it. But I guess without Ladd and Little this team is definitely a very good contender for worst team in the NHL.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Begs the question. If he would be third on the Jets in points, why should he be on the 3rd or 4th line? Just sayin'.

I love Stemp. I wish we signed him. I really, really do - have always said so.

But...

He's not 1st or 2nd line on the Jets. It's not possible to figure out where he'd have fit in terms of points, given that he would not have had the same opportunity here.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
I just can't believe only losing Frolik and Stempniak changed the way the team plays. Obviously our goaltending was much better last year. But the tight checking, defensive first, physical and heavy Jets? What happened to that.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Begs the question. If he would be third on the Jets in points, why should he be on the 3rd or 4th line? Just sayin'.

Because you can't translate his points in NJ as points he'd get playing on the 3rd or 4th line in Winnipeg. His production would be different.

At this point, it's pretty clear this team is more than a Stempniak away from being better. It might work out better that he wasn't re-signed after all.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
I can't even believe it. But I guess without Ladd and Little this team is definitely a very good contender for worst team in the NHL.

I wouldn't go that far, but very solidly in the bottom 3rd of the league. The center depth right now is pretty bad, but compared to the other tankers like Leafs Columbus Oilers we are better at every position

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
I can't believe how good we are making Hagelin- a guy who got ran out of town in Anaheim look :shakehead

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
They love Stemper in NJ. They re-sign him for sure. I just wish him the best. For whatever reason Chevy didnt see anything in him.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Kessel has been a bit of a blow out this year, 38 points with dat contract? :shakehead

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
I just can't believe only losing Frolik and Stempniak changed the way the team plays. Obviously our goaltending was much better last year. But the tight checking, defensive first, physical and heavy Jets? What happened to that.

There's been a sense of something rotting with this team for awhile, since November. But at this point, it can be mostly explained by roster strength.

This team currently looks terrible on paper, and they look just as bad on the ice.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Playing on the 3rd or 4th line? Unlikely.

The entire Jets team seems snake-bitten this year. Even Stempniak would not be scoring if he had been signed in the off season.

Just a terrible season, nothing seems to go right. Pinning the other team for two minutes, then the opposition gets one rush and it's in the back of the net. Story of the season. I've seen (or heard) that so many times this year.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
There's been a sense of something rotting with this team for awhile, since November. But at this point, it can be mostly explained by roster strength.

This team currently looks terrible on paper, and they look just as bad on the ice.

I don't know ... our roster doesn't look that bad on paper compared to a lot of teams that are above us in the standings including New Jersey. I think most agree that Stempniak would not have been playing on the first line in Winnipeg if Chevy had signed him.

And "on paper" I'd expect Lowry to be the beast he was last season, and Chiarot to be much better as well. We still have lots of good pieces on this team this has just been one of those seasons where everything has gone wrong and confidence is totally in the toilet. I predict a much better season next year with just a few minor changes.

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
I don't know ... our roster doesn't look that bad on paper compared to a lot of teams that are above us in the standings including New Jersey. I think most agree that Stempniak would not have been playing on the first line in Winnipeg if Chevy had signed him.

And "on paper" I'd expect Lowry to be the beast he was last season, and Chiarot to be much better as well. We still have lots of good pieces on this team this has just been one of those seasons where everything has gone wrong and confidence is totally in the toilet. I predict a much better season next year with just a few minor changes.

For this year the more things change the more they stay the same

jiho

Apr 30, 2012

When you have the second youngest team and lowest payroll...this is what you get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad