Post-Game Talk: Jets lose 5-3 to the NHL darlings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
View attachment 755001
Oh, Buffdog you shouldn't have edited the typo (dive minutes left to five minutes left) because it's a just such perfect, cheeky metaphor for game management. Not that a player will necessary dive, but that a ref will make a questionable call to give the trailing team a chance to tie it up.
Let the final minutes of a game henceforth be known as "Dive Minutes Left"
In junior hockey, my coach called the last minute of the game "tackle time" because anything short of attempted rape wasn't getting called

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I don’t blame the officials but leading up to Vegas’ last power play, there was probably 4 calls that were missed that should have resulted in a Power play.

Anyways, 1-3 is the start of a tough hole to climb out of. Any we’re supposed to be “going for it”?

How long is the Bowness leash?
1 and 3 is nothing. I guarantee every team in the league with have a 1 and 3 stretch.

Aries56

Jan 10, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
That defense is atrocious. I'd be looking for another young defenseman that's underachieving and plays the right side, and see if they'll swap for Stanley.

DeMelo is the only reliable defenseman on the right side.

Reactions: Jets 31

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
1697770167319.png

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Oilers fans were told their team could contend for the Cup this year, they have two of the best players in the world and are no better than the Jets. They have to burning down their site tonight

Reactions: rkp

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
It needs to be one of Iafallo, Kupari or Ehlers.

Appleton on any line other than the 4th is a joke if you ask me.
I was willing to give him a shot but he was ass on that line last season in an extended look. Anyone else is better than him in that role.

Reactions: Jets 31 and rehf

None

Feb 22, 2012
Not that much to complain about tonight to be honest, the goaltending has been scary but not much but nitpicking outside of the LA game.

PK is just as worrying, potentially moreso than goaltending in my opinion.

I have some faith that goaltending will improve on its own without intervention. Not so much with the PK.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Not that much to complain about tonight to be honest, the goaltending has been scary but not much but nitpicking outside of the LA game.
I’d be rather surprised if Helle doesn’t bounce back. I can see Brossoit sucking ass, but probably not as bad overall as tonight.

I agree. The goaltending has been ass but I doubt Hellebuyck has fallen off a cliff.

Reactions: None

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
As expected, I fell asleep and missed the Jets third goal, but from what I saw they at least put in a bit of an effort tonight. Unfortunately, the same results. I give the game three U2's out of five...

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

The Prediction Contest for the game against the Oilers has been posted, so check it out. The game on Saturday is available to anyone who wants to make a GDT. Have some fun and help ol' Mac out by joining in the lunacy...:joker: See you then...

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg

I have some faith that goaltending will improve on its own without intervention. Not so much with the PK.
Both go hand-in-hand, but ideally our PK being able to clear the puck would be kinda nice...

Reactions: Jets 31 and None

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

Yeah the PK isn't good, you're right.

On the plus side, there was some good pushback in the 3rd tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad