GDT: Jets landing at the Leafs - 7:00 on Sportsnet. Be Wary of Buffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Also.. Just LOVE the fact that we have Bibeau up.. I'm hoping that he won't have to be put in tonight, but I'm betting that Lou, Mike & Kyle all want to have a look at him in a game before sending him down again.. (unlike RC and the boys)... He's got a 5-1-0 record with the Marlies this season, so far... :handclap:

Have a look at him, if you haven';t been watching much Marlies the last two seasons.. His favorite goalie is Patrick Roy.., but I also see a bit of Brodeur and Belfour in his hybrid style..

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
why would it piss us off?

they're going to win games.

they're going to win a lot of them in regulation

For the underlined: I hope you just mean relative to the number of games they'll win.:laugh:

Personally, I'm not sure why winning games in regulation would piss fans off more than in overtime.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Rattling off a couple more wins in a row would be nice to get some confidence back into the players so they keep buying into Babcock's system and coaching.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Rattling off a couple more wins in a row would be nice to get some confidence back into the players so they keep buying into Babcock's system and coaching.

Against 2 pretty strong teams would go a long way.

We'll see which team shows up tonight.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Also.. Just LOVE the fact that we have Bibeau up.. I'm hoping that he won't have to be put in tonight, but I'm betting that Lou, Mike & Kyle all want to have a look at him in a game before sending him down again.. (unlike RC and the boys)... He's got a 5-1-0 record with the Marlies this season, so far... :handclap:

Have a look at him, if you haven';t been watching much Marlies the last two seasons.. His favorite goalie is Patrick Roy.., but I also see a bit of Brodeur and Belfour in his hybrid style..

Im actually hoping he sees the net tonight, Im a big fan of his. He strikes me as one of those kids who will be better in the NHL than in the A.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
For the underlined: I hope you just mean relative to the number of games they'll win.:laugh:

Personally, I'm not sure why winning games in regulation would piss fans off more than in overtime.

:laugh: yes.

I am assuming that we get the two points vs. the pity point, or the non-regulation win shootout win. but again. it's like. whatever. if they win - yay. because of Bert's point

this is important.

if they win. yay
if they lose. yay

neither of which would piss people off.

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
Some prop bets for tonight's game:

1. Over/under 0.5 goals allowed by Leafs in first 10 minutes of the game?

2. Over/under 2.5 goals against Reimer tonight?

3. Who has more PIM tonight? Byfuglein or Phaneuf?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Some prop bets for tonight's game:

1. Over/under 0.5 goals allowed by Leafs in first 10 minutes of the game?

2. Over/under 2.5 goals against Reimer tonight?

3. Who has more PIM tonight? Byfuglein or Phaneuf?

1: I'll take the over.
2: I'll take the over
3: I'll take .. oh this one is tough. both are pretty damned stupid. I'll go with Phaneuf. he won't let me down.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
I am very interested to see how Reimer does tonight. Can he string 2 good starts in a row?

I'm hoping he does, but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't.

Unlike Bernier, Reimer's contract is up after this year, so if he wants a job anywhere he better play his ass off.

Leaf Warrior

Jan 16, 2015
tumblr_lm1dqd_Ki_Ce1qioo4xo1_400.png

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Im actually hoping he sees the net tonight, Im a big fan of his. He strikes me as one of those kids who will be better in the NHL than in the A.

I've been watching him, since his 2nd last season with the Foreurs.. and I just love him..! Still think he needs most of this season in the Marlies to get a bit stronger with the big guys, but I agree with you.. He could easily be better in the NHL, than the AHL.. He will definitely go further than both Reimer and Bernier, whenever his day comes... Just too good, to miss...

I love the way he uses his stick, too.. and can handle a puck.. We really haven't had that here, since Eddie B... Also, he is really good at shouting out times and ice situations to his players, much like Price does..

In 2-3 years time, most people won't even remember this goal-tending controversy, because the starter will be set in stone.. :nod:

iceblue

Jul 30, 2004
Myrtle Beach
I've been watching him, since his 2nd last season with the Foreurs.. and I just love him..! Still think he needs most of this season in the Marlies to get a bit stronger with the big guys, but I agree with you.. He could easily be better in the NHL, than the AHL.. He will definitely go further than both Reimer and Bernier, whenever his day comes... Just too good, to miss...

I love the way he uses his stick, too.. and can handle a puck.. We really haven't had that here, since Eddie B... Also, he is really good at shouting out times and ice situations to his players, much like Price does..

In 2-3 years time, most people won't even remember this goal-tending controversy, because the starter will be set in stone.. :nod:

Looking forward to watching Bibeau- not sure we will see him this season. Think he will stay down with the other lads until the time is right.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
Bibeau's just there in case Reimer gets injured. Even if Reimer lets in 4 goals in the first period on 10 shots, I think Babcock will keep him in.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Looking forward to watching Bibeau- not sure we will see him this season. Think he will stay down with the other lads until the time is right.

I gave a feeling that Lou is going to want to take a quick look, before he goes back down.. Good time to test him out..

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
I heard from a friend that Bozak is having a kid soon, could be what was up.

Yeah.. That's why he's out, tonight.. His girlfriend is pregnant.. (acccording to Leafs Nation .com)

I didn't even know he had lost his cherry..? :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad