Proposal: Jets/Habs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Preferably now, but more likely at the TDL

Jets: Andrew Copp (3,640,000)
Habs: Joel Armia(3,400,000)+ Jesse Ylonen(880,833)+3rd(CAR)

Jets get middle 6 RW help now and in the future
Habs get a damn good middle 6C

Thoughts?
copp has one year left and he's as good as gone . shouldn't the pick and prospect be going the other way

Bleeker

Mar 6, 2011
Middle Earth
I love Armia and normally i wouldn't say yes but Copp would fit so nicely as a 3rd C.
On the other this trade would make it impossible for Poehling to finally earn a spot in the lineup. I'm torn

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Copp is criminally underrated on these boards.

Copp set personal season bests in goals, assists and points in a shortened season, even when the Jets leaned on him with a lot of defensive responsibilities during the regular season.

If I’m Montreal I take this trade all day and tomorrow, Copp has proven to be a pretty versatile player, playing wherever needed in the Jets lineup and Copp has done whatever the Jets coaching staff has asked of him.
let's see if copp can do it two years in a row . i don't think he'll hit those marks again

Troy

Nov 28, 2017
copp has one year left and he's as good as gone . shouldn't the pick and prospect be going the other way
Wheres your source that says that. It says his deal was done to help the Jets out capwise. Nice try though this helps Habs more then Jets.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Wheres your source that says that. It says his deal was done to help the Jets out capwise. Nice try though this helps Habs more then Jets.
yes to help the jets out cap wise this year . after the season he is an ufa . if copp's deal was for four years like armia's than i would consider it . but it's one for one . there's no picks and prospects going the other way .

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
That is not the issue....it's the one year. He has to be traded with a reasonable contract expectation. If he thinks he's a 6 million player....FORGET IT. Even 4 million is overpayment. Right now we got Toffoli and Dvorak to decent longish deals..and where he fits in.
Copp absolutely is a $4M player. It's not an overpayment either.

Reactions: BatVader

GreenLine

May 24, 2021
Copp is definitely the better player. While it makes sense from an asset management perspective to trade him for a player who's signed longer, it also means the Jets are much more likely to make a deadline trade for a center. I'd rather keep Copp for the year as a self rental and hope it lessens the chances of another Kevin Hayes type of rental.

Reactions: Snowman

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If the Habs are trading prospects, they need to deal from the position of strength and that's the D prospects which they have a ton of. They can't afford to trade one of their top forward prospects imo.

Reactions: glenbuis

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Copp is definitely the better player. While it makes sense from an asset management perspective to trade him for a player who's signed longer, it also means the Jets are much more likely to make a deadline trade for a center. I'd rather keep Copp for the year as a self rental and hope it lessens the chances of another Kevin Hayes type of rental.
Why do the Jets need another C?
Scheifele, PLD, Lowry, Stastny, Perfetti, Gustofsson, plus other players who can play C if needed… Jets need RW a lot more than they need C…A LOT

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
In my opinion, Copp would be another Plekanic type player for the Habs… versatile all purpose player, who can successfully and productively play any position or role he’s asked to play.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
Three consecutive habs proposals, by 3 different posters, all have Armia as part of the draw. Lol.
This isn’t indicative of Armia as a player, but more the personal issue with the team.

Armia is a valuable middle 6 winger with size, skill and great on the boards, which is why he was resigned. However the Habs have too many wingers, especially on the right side, and could use a defensively solid middle 6C with the departure of Danault.

Not sure if there’s a deal to be made here, but I can certainly see Montreal taking a swing at Copp if he reaches FA.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Preferably now, but more likely at the TDL

Jets: Andrew Copp (3,640,000)
Habs: Joel Armia(3,400,000)+ Jesse Ylonen(880,833)+3rd(CAR)

Jets get middle 6 RW help now and in the future
Habs get a damn good middle 6C

Thoughts?

How do you think this is a good deal for the Habs? Cause Copp can play center and you think we are gullible or desperate? Come on man. Haven't people learned from the Dvorak trade talk? Some said 1st, Guhle, Poehling cause we are desperate. :laugh:

Jets Trade:
* Copp. 1 year at $3.64M

Habs Trade:
* Armia. 4 years at $3.4M.
* Ylonen. A grade B+ prospect who has very good development

Not sure if you are a Habs fan or Jets fan here.

Last edited:

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
How do you think this is a good deal for the Habs? Cause Copp can play center and you think we are gullible or desperate? Come on man. Haven't people learned from the Dvorak trade talk? Some said 1st, Guhle, Poehling cause we are desperate. :laugh:

Jets Trade:
* Copp. 1 year at $3.64M

Habs Trade:
* Armia. 4 years at $3.4M.
* Ylonen. A grade B+ prospect who has very good development

Not sure if you are a Habs fan or Jets fan here.
brutal for montreal . 4 years of armia and a good prospect for one year of copp . absolutely brutal

Reactions: Habs Halifax

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
I typically don’t agree with Habs fans in general but you’re absolutely correct. Armia himself is an excellent bottom 6. Copp while admittly better isn’t a prospect and 3rd better especially when considering he has 1 year on his deal.

People can say both teams say no but Winnipeg, likely knowing Copp is gone after this season should absolutely take the good bottom 6 on a fixed deal, pick and prospect
Funny post from an Oiler fan. Copp would have been the 3rd highest scoring forward on the oil last year. I doubt Oiler fans accept trading RNH for this.

Copp was on a 58 point pace last year and is a pretty good possession player.

I Don't think the Jets are interested in the Armia downgrade. The small adds aren't going to help the Jets maybe ever.

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
Going to have to decline as a Jets fan. I liked Armia when he was here, but I don't think Maurice did, so he probably gets under used. Copp is also the better player at a similar cap hit, so while Armia is under contract for a few extra years, I think the Jets would prefer to keep their guy and try to make a run.

I also don't think Copp is necessarily gone next year. By the time he signed the Jets gave him every penny they could fit under the cap for this season, which wasn't enough for him to sign for more than 1 year. I wouldn't call it likely, but it's possible that they extend him next year with the cap from Staz's expiring deal or by trading one of their D if Heinola forces his way into the lineup.

Brixton

Jul 16, 2021
Can we stop with the Armia back to WPG. Been non-stop drumming on the Jet's board by a few members for over a year now and it's getting to Stepniak dead horse levels.
Totally agree. The op is one of only a few Jets fans that think Armia is useful, when the truth is that he was a dime a dozen player who we gave away since he was replaced with better players on entry level contacts. These few fans get laughed off the Jets boards when they want armia back..so they somehow think it is appropriate to take their bad proposal to the main boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad