Proposal: Jets/Habs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Preferably now, but more likely at the TDL

Jets: Andrew Copp (3,640,000)
Habs: Joel Armia(3,400,000)+ Jesse Ylonen(880,833)+3rd(CAR)

Jets get middle 6 RW help now and in the future
Habs get a damn good middle 6C

Thoughts?

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
It really depends on having a deal in place BEFORE the trade.

Without a deal, it's a long rental and worth a second.

With a decent deal, let's say 5x5, sure, I'd make that deal less the 3rd. If he wants 7mx5...cya.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Overpayement by the Habs

I typically don’t agree with Habs fans in general but you’re absolutely correct. Armia himself is an excellent bottom 6. Copp while admittly better isn’t a prospect and 3rd better especially when considering he has 1 year on his deal.

People can say both teams say no but Winnipeg, likely knowing Copp is gone after this season should absolutely take the good bottom 6 on a fixed deal, pick and prospect

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Habs just signed Armia, don’t see no reasons to trade him. I’m also hoping they give a chance to Poehling for the 3C job.

Aside from that, the value greatly favor Winnipeg. It’s a pass for me

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I typically don’t agree with Habs fans in general but you’re absolutely correct. Armia himself is an excellent bottom 6. Copp while admittly better isn’t a prospect and 3rd better especially when considering he has 1 year on his deal.

People can say both teams say no but Winnipeg, likely knowing Copp is gone after this season should absolutely take the good bottom 6 on a fixed deal, pick and prospect
Armia is a bottom 6 player and last year Copp didn’t look out of place in the top 6. His first chance in a top 6 role would like to see how far can run with the opportunity. What are the chances a guy drafted in the 3rd makes it to nhl? Copp was drafted later but the odds weren’t great for him either. We have guys who can play bottom 6 like harkins, Gus. You don’t trade a potential top 6 guy for a bottom 6 guy. Add the fact Copp can play centre.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Armia is a bottom 6 player and last year Copp didn’t look out of place last year in the top 6. What are the chances a guy drafted in the 3rd makes it to nhl. Copp was drafted later but the odds weren’t great for him either. We have guys who can play bottom 6 like harkins, Gus.

When Copp signed many on the Jets board said this is his last year in the Peg. You’d rather him walk than get a signed Armia, pick and decent prospect? Fair enough if you’re all in this season but that’s a decent offer.

Reactions: BatVader

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Copp is criminally underrated on these boards.

Copp set personal season bests in goals, assists and points in a shortened season, even when the Jets leaned on him with a lot of defensive responsibilities during the regular season.

If I’m Montreal I take this trade all day and tomorrow, Copp has proven to be a pretty versatile player, playing wherever needed in the Jets lineup and Copp has done whatever the Jets coaching staff has asked of him.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Copp is criminally underrated on these boards.

Copp set personal season bests in goals, assists and points in a shortened season, even when the Jets leaned on him with a lot of defensive responsibilities during the regular season.

If I’m Montreal I take this trade all day and tomorrow, Copp has proven to be a pretty versatile player, playing wherever needed in the Jets lineup and Copp has done whatever the Jets coaching staff has asked of him.

That is not the issue....it's the one year. He has to be traded with a reasonable contract expectation. If he thinks he's a 6 million player....FORGET IT. Even 4 million is overpayment. Right now we got Toffoli and Dvorak to decent longish deals..and where he fits in.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
If Copp shows no signs of re-signing on a reasonable long term deal, the Jets would still be better off using Copp as an own rental. Way more versatile as a player than Armia and Winnipeg is a better team with Copp than they would be with Armia.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
That is not the issue....it's the one year. He has to be traded with a reasonable contract expectation. If he thinks he's a 6 million player....FORGET IT. Even 4 million is overpayment. Right now we got Toffoli and Dvorak to decent longish deals..and where he fits in.
I see your points. This proposal doesn’t seem like a good fit for the Canadiens salary structure at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad