Jets end of 2023-24 season media availability

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Same. I just hope we do it before or at this years draft. But I'd imagine summer is more likely.
There would need to be an agreement in place with the aquiring team for an extension (that still couldn't be signed until July 1) to maximize return, I'd imagine

nabby12

Nov 11, 2008
Winnipeg
And like the true team player that he is, Helly says he was playing the best hockey of his career (sic) and thought he played great against the Av's......guy has no shame!
Enough sipowicz. We get it, you didn't like Helle's performance. Now take a hike. :laugh:

• Love
Reactions: Eyeseeing

MarkWheeler

Dec 16, 2018
If Chevy is raally all that concerned with the young guys’ usage he’s got no one to blame but himself. He hired Bowness. Do your research. 5 minutes on the Dallas forum and the average fan could find out Bowness’ usage of young players. Surely it was no mystery. Or maybe Chevy raally is that clueless.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
If Chevy is raally all that concerned with the young guys’ usage he’s got no one to blame but himself. He hired Bowness. Do your research. 5 minutes on the Dallas forum and the average fan could find out Bowness’ usage of young players. Surely it was no mystery. Or maybe Chevy raally is that clueless.
Chevy was under the gun when all the coaches he wanted spurned him and took what he could get, luckily the team has played pretty well under Bones with the exception of the playoffs. As for the younger players and prospects I'm sure if back, I really hope not, if the Jets pick up his option I'm sure he will be made well aware that some vets will be gone and the youngsters need to get on the ice.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Chevy was under the gun when all the coaches he wanted spurned him and took what he could get, luckily the team has played pretty well under Bones with the exception of the playoffs. As for the younger players and prospects I'm sure if back, I really hope not, if the Jets pick up his option I'm sure he will be made well aware that some vets will be gone and the youngsters need to get on the ice.
Source, please?

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I really do feel that it's time for Chevy to move on, he has had more than enough time to get this team further then they have. 3 coaches and they still can't get over the hump. The organization needs someone with fresh eyes to come in and evaluate the current roster and prospects and the plan for the future.
Chevy has been here a long time i agree but he put together a 110 point team that finished 4th overall in the NHL. To me this playoffs showed we need better coaching and if Chevy makes that change i am ok with giving Chevy another year.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Chevy has been here a long time i agree but he put together a 110 point team that finished 4th overall in the NHL. To me this playoffs showed we need better coaching and if Chevy makes that change i am ok with giving Chevy another year.
Have a feeling you will be disappointed, they'll probably bring Bones back, not bring back the 3 rentals, say they tried to re sign Dilly and Smoke but they left. Well at least Apples and Pionk will still be here.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
It was widely reported that the Jets were looking at Cassidy and Montgomery and I'm not even going to get into the Trotz merry go round
Yeah, I remember the Trotz go round. But when Trotz finally told the Jets no thanks (June, 2022), Cassidy had already signed with Vegas and Montgomery was again in alcohol rehab. I'm not sure who would "widely report" that the Jets were looking at those two.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Yeah, I remember the Trotz go round. But when Trotz finally told the Jets no thanks (June, 2022), Cassidy had already signed with Vegas and Montgomery was again in alcohol rehab. I'm not sure who would "widely report" that the Jets were looking at those two.
It ancient history anyways, suffice to say the Jets settled for Bowness who had one foot in the retirement pool

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
I get what Helle is trying to say, but man, his execution is brutal (Insert playoff Helle joke here) 😆.
He was saying he needs a better defence in front of him to help him see shots and that he is still a good goalie despite bein average in the playoffs. Trade hi mand keep Brosoit. Use the extra funds for a couple good dmen!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: