Post-Game Talk: Jets 6 - Coilers 0

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Watched the highlights on the treadmill this morning. Thank god for the regular season!!

Just from the highlights I couldn’t believe the lack of resisetence the Oilers were putting up on most of those goals. Their team seemed to not be defending at all, zero structure, no compete, the word I would use is sleepwalking.

Glad the Jets showed up though, great way to start the season.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Jets sure did not give the Oilers much space out there. Probably most happy for Kupari for landing a really nice goal on a beauty JMO pass, and also Helle as I am sure he spent the summer not happy with how last season ended.

Good start boys!

Reactions: Jets 31

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Third line killed it - and Helle had a good game (but didn't break a sweat).
Also liked the PP and PK - both look different (thankfully).
Ehlers is going to need to drive that 2nd line - they couldn't get much going off the rush and that's where you'd think they would shine.
It's nice to see the depth scoring - did I mention the 3rd line killed it?

Won't dwell on the defense too much - JoMo looked to be in midseason form - but that 3rd pairing will need to settle in - little bit of panic there.

Yeah the second line hasn't been able to get much going offensively going back to preseason. As you say it's a rush line that has yet to unlock its rush game. I think the easiest fix would be to swap the sides of Cole and Fly. That way fly would be getting the puck on his forehand facing the opposition end and can then wind it up much easier. I've found he's had his back to the opposition's end too much while receiving the breakout and he's struggled a bit with that. I think Cole is better at maintaining possesion on his offside and has more poise in those situations so that should also help break it out cleaner. Namestnikov also needs to up his breakout game, he's been loose on his passing.

It doesn't help they've played a lot with the third pairing and that pairing is terrible at making a simple breakout pass to date. Honestly both Ville and Stanley might be the third pairing by mid November at this rate.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Any of the speedy prospects over slow Perfetan would have been nice, NHL all about speed and Perfetan has none!
Perfetan was the worst Jet last night and it wasn’t even close!

Guy should have held out a little longer so Lambo or Chibby could have taken his spot!

Reactions: ekotyluk

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Jets sure did not give the Oilers much space out there. Probably most happy for Kupari for landing a really nice goal on a beauty JMO pass, and also Helle as I am sure he spent the summer not happy with how last season ended.

Good start boys!
Edmonton sure lacked something. Jets were all over them all game. And good helle = a flawless game.

Reactions: Buffdog

tarozi

Oct 4, 2019
>SportsNet panel nearly unanimously says the Jets will miss the playoffs
>Jets shut out and crush SportsNet's darling Stanley Cup favorite Coilers on the road 6-0
>Silence

Gonna be another year of the same old shit, but a damn good start.
Opinions are like assh@*es, everybody has one. It's better to be flying under the radar.

Perfect road game.

Reactions: DRW204

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
good win! I fell asleep pretty early with the game on the radio and really only remember hearing the score was 4-0 at some point.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
I hope last night was a sign of things to come with regard to special teams. A marked improvement over what we saw last season.

Not gonna lie, the obvious disappointment of the Sportsnet lickspittles was also pretty sweet.

Reactions: RabidOne

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Perfetan was the worst Jet last night and it wasn’t even close!

Guy should have held out a little longer so Lambo or Chibby could have taken his spot!

6-0 game and this is what you got?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad