Post-Game Talk: Jets 4 - Kraken 3 in OT

Inanna

Cat Lady
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
North of Toronto
Just rewatched highlights and first two Seattle goals Pionk is way out of position giving up grade A scoring chances. Third goal was a nice high slot tip but also his guy. But can't really blame him on a high slot tip.
Does your highlight package show how many shots Pionk blocked or how many guys he moved out of Helle's view or how many goals he saved by clearing away loose pucks from near the net?

Didn't think so.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
The way I look at being 7-0 isn't that it's a great streak ( and it is ) but as wins now mean you can have a bit of a slide later and still make the playoffs.

7-0.... 14 points

75 games left, Even if the Jets were to play just .500 for the rest of the season add those 75 points to the 14 they already have.... that's 89 points. Almost enough for the playoffs. And I think we can say the Jets will be a little better than just .500... so playoffs it is. :nod:
Making hay while the sun is shining... 2 points in. October count the same as 2 points in March

Reactions: Stumbledore

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Agreed. I made a similar comment after the last game I think. Vilardi looks to be playing the slowest IMO.
Vilardi really hasn't impressed so far, granted I couldn't watch the 2 games fully this week. The top line at 5v5 play as a whole has been underwhelming. Vilardi last year iirc started slow on the score sheet but I think was still getting alot of chances not sure how his chance/shot rates compare year over year.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
You do not seem to grasp the concept of sample size or Corsi, which is all about sample size.

You use the word Corsi, then talk about +/-.

They are 2/3 of our top line. They are supposed to do more than simply NOT cost the Jets a game.
I do know ... I'm just pointing out that they are not losing games as some posters were claiming. I just got sick of it and I am pointing it out now.
And its not 2/3 of a line ... there are 12 players on the ice. Analytics are flawed if the input is incorrected.
For example yesterday in the last minute of the second period I saw Samberg make two hits behind the net taking out a Kraken player and then in the beginning of the third Samberg made a hit right in front of the camera pressed up against the glass. That's 3 hits ... checked the scoreboard he is only credited with one hit.:huh:
I was watching NJ/Det game the other night ... Devils have 42 shots going into the last minute pressing to tied the game. The game end with the Devils having 40 shots even the announcers mention it about how often they change SOG in every game.

Moloch

Mar 15, 2024
Sadly, it likely means this team is doomed. You have to go back about 40 years to find a team that started the season with 7 or more wins and went on to win the Cup. It seems like an even bigger kiss of death than winning the President's or Vezina trophies. Which could also come this way, in which case they would have the trifecta of karmic catastrophe.

Just remember... The higher you climb, the harder the landing when you fall. :nod:
That's assuming you go on a losing streak with the same force that brought you to the top to begin with. With this team, we've seen them lose 6 in a row, but it doesn't happen frequently. I doubt we hit a ceiling and retrace our steps completely. Others have used the 'cushion' analogy, which I think is more appropriate. Do heavy lifting early on, have less heavy lifting to do later, that way you dont sputter into the postseason with a team thats exhausted

Reactions: Stumbledore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad