Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
There are no words for how I feel…
IMG_8105.jpeg

MotionlessGravity

Apr 15, 2014
Winnipeg
Grind of a game and Seattle played really well. Defended the middle of the ice well in their own end then lots of stretch passes and a fast transition.

We had small stretches where we did some good things but our puck management and neutral zone play was lacking.

Having competent special teams is so refreshing and critical in games like this where you don't have your best stuff.

Helle continues to be and absolute beauty.

Winning is fun I hope it continues.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It's f***ing crazy that we're 7-0, and the Minnesota Wild are 2 points behind us with the same number of games played, and Dallas 2 points behind with one more game played. We're going to have to win another 7 to make some room up here, this division is nuts.

Strong division is strong. But there will start to be some separation as more divisional games are played.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Good to get the win but the cracks are appearing.

Not sure if it was a weird rotation or if the top line got benched for a shift after the Seattle goal #2.

Pionk showed both the good and bad of his game. Generated some good offense but so many men wide open in front of the Jets net with him on the ice.

Boys really bailed out some shit goaltending in the 3rd.
giphy.webp

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
3/5 Skeletons tonight third period cost them a skeleton, happy all of you stayed up it was worth it wasn't it. NINO NINO great night, Nik with the winner yes I called it, Helle .906 SV% can't blame him on the Kraken tying goal. Pionk solid two periods but last years play reared it's ugly play in the third. 3rd line played real well 2nd had it's moments. Fefe and KFC with 2 points each and Gabe pops his cherry this year but top line had some troubles, 4th line some good some bad Rasmus needed to get the puck and you probably see Gus against the Flames. Oh by the way undefeated collecting points

6ee23da15b437dd6cc229c45a73afb9d.gif

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015

Not sure if it was a weird rotation or if the top line got benched for a shift after the Seattle goal #2.

Pionk showed both the good and bad of his game. Generated some good offense but so many men wide open in front of the Jets net with him on the ice.

giphy.webp
what? you mean we weren't going to play 82 games of perfect hockey? give me a f***ing break..

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
With this game running so late it's gonna be tough for SN and TSN to get their
working-late-working-hard.gif

Tranta Leafs pre game info up and the Stanley Cup favs Oil as well.

Last edited:

Bender Duster

Sep 16, 2024
Winnipeg

giphy.webp
You’re right. Unacceptable play. Time to blow the team up. 😵‍💫

Reactions: gojetsgo

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
I would be remiss if I didn't mention Arniel and the coaching staff yes the players play the game but there is something different about the implementation of said players this year . Yes I know it wasn't really displayed tonight but still you can't argue with the result.

Krauser

Oct 3, 2017

Eberle open in front of the net for Seattle goal #2 wasn’t Pionk’s fault (though the neutral zone turnover was his fault in the first place).

It’s 3-on-2 at the blue line. Samberg takes the puck carrier and Pionk moves over to take the forward in the middle, gesturing to the Jets forwards to pick up the Kraken forward on the far side. Vilardi is the first back, but leaves his wing and cuts across toward the puck carrier. Scheifele doesn’t skate hard and also stays high in the zone, leaving Eberle alone, and he takes the pass down low and scores.

Probably not a coincidence the Scheifele line got benched for their next shift.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I would be remiss if I didn't mention Arniel and the coaching staff yes the players play the game but there is something different about the implementation of said players this year . Yes I know it wasn't really displayed tonight but still you can't argue with the result.

Yeah, he's doing what DeBoer did in Dallas after Bones left and is adding more layers on top of the defensive foundation. We are still good defensively but are now making skilled and controlled breakouts. We've been playing with more speed and as I believe @Buffdog mentioned in another thread we switch to a more passive system when the game situation calls for it which should hopefully conserve more energy throughout the year. You don't have to go balls to the wall all the time.

Reactions: bustamente

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Great consistent win by the Jets, no panic, and their great in overtime, and Seattle plays hard.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Jets just keep battling, and keep finding ways to win tough games. Seattle played very well but we still managed to sneak away with two points. Great to see it.

Seattle got away with an assload of interference today so I don’t shed any tears for the OT penalty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad