Post-Game Talk: Jets 3 Bolts 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Need to fix their D gap but removing Stan and getting JoMo back will do wonders for that. If they can keep playing like that on the forecheck and back through the middle of the ice, they’ll be fine. Still some fire drills but for the most part they looked more organized and played together a lot better.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Well, that was another close one, but the good guys won in the end. Some decent efforts from boys, but man KFC is snakebit, can't find the back of the net. I give this game four nailbiters out of five...

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

The Prediction Contest has been posted for the game against the Hurricanes, so get your guesses in early! Also, you may want to sign up to create a GDT, the season is near the end and there are plenty of games still available with your name on them. Give it a go...

giphy.gif

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Another big two points. I'm pretty happy with how we played tonight for the most part, especially given who we were without. We played a pretty strong defensive game and counter attacked when the opportunity presented itself. The only time I was really worried was during the 5 on 3 kill.

PP got another goal and the penalty kill was solid.

Helle was excellent, his best game in a couple of weeks. Hopefully this fires him up and he goes on a heater.

Without JoMo the defense played it largely conservative which was the correct call. Thought they did a a good job of keeping Tampa outside.

Scheifele is playing some excellent two/way hockey this past week. This is exactly how we need him to play. The offense ends up taking care of itself when you commit to responsible hockey as he has. El Nino continues to be an exceptional pick up. He keeps this up and he might be one of Chevy's best ever. Conner also looks like he's starting to feel it again. If he starts scoring watch out.

Second line: Thought they were a bit quiet after a big night last night. Good news is none of them hurt us either. Honestly this line gives us the potential to ice three good scoring lines when Dubois and Cole get back.

The third line played a strong game and got rewarded with a goal. Definitely could see Lowry wasn't quite as quick as usual but still fought through it. Barron played another strong game. Appelton was ok but he makes too many boneheaded playes with the puck on his stick for my liking. He would be someone I'd take out when we get guys back.

Fourth line with a solid game. No complaints.

Yeah it doesn’t sound serious. I’m more worried about PLD at this point.

Wonder if it's a concussion.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Samberg should NOT be leaving this lineup, draft pedigree, organizational investment and trade requests be damned.

Stan was okay, but his risk / reward curve is still off and Samberg just does more things at a higher level, while needing less sheltering.

Also, PionkWTF is trickling back in.

Agreed, no way should Tree be in over Snerg.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
This may sound crazy but do the Jets play better without PLD? I do think he takes too many shifts off but to play great against the Wild and beat the Florida teams with Nammy at centre in his place is nothing short of unbelievable. I do not think the Jets are contenders but they seem to be playing harder and with more effort.

Chevy please also lock up both tdl acquisitions long term!

You don't always need the flashy moves. Most cup winners don't make them. They make the low key complimentary type moves we did. I could have done with one more solid depth guy like Name but job well done so far by Chevy.
I loved the addition of El Nino but had no clue that Namaste could be this effective. He is a solid player with skill and hard to move off the puck .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad