Post-Game Talk: Jets 3 - Blues 2

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
He's never really looked good with Connor and Scheif, seemed like he really enjoyed playing with Ehlers and they were really effective together.
Yup, they really need to do something with Villardi ? I've never been impressed with him, and thought he was way overhyped. Where he is good, is close around the net, with great hands.

For the most part this season, Villardi has been pretty much invisible, and has now officially entered Sip's doghouse. Should be fun. I'd actually move Barron up from the 4th line to replace him, and Villardi down to the 4th line.

Hope he proves me wrong tho -- he does have fans on here.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
No, he's not too bad - him and Miller were the only plus dmen tonight, 3 blocked shots, not bad (or maybe even good).
I've come to the conclusion that this is the best the feedback will get for this player - not too bad.

For me if Stanley can show he's disciplined in his game and can manage Arniel's breakout scheme then he will grow into a key player on the bottom pairing.

Given the offense we are getting from JoMo, Pionk and Miller it's not as pressing a need to add a Heinola, especially if the d as a whole continue to move the puck well. If they keep this up I could see Ville as our primary trade chip at the deadline. I wouldn't have said that this summer as I didn't think we had good enough retrieval and first pass players. Turns out it seems like it was mostly a systems issue and not a skill issue.

Reactions: Jets 31

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
Impossible!

Seriously though he was fine especially for his first game back.

Let's see how he is after more than like 2 games returning from injury.

It's great to have Fleury waiting in the wings. A little non scary depth.
Sorry but I think it was his second game. I thought he had a rough first period (trouble with his passing) but got better as the game progressed. Finished solidly.

Reactions: Buffdog

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021
That was a fun game, super fun to see Perfetti popping off. I think he's actually pretty good defensively and he's been pretty disciplined so it's nice to see him figuring out how and where to be dangerous too.

Pionk Samberg is sure encouraging, that was a big question mark for me.

Scheif Connor, too -- I think for most critics they'll be very happy if that pair can keep shift lengths down and put up some consistent effort in the d-zone. I'm seeing some good work by Connor putting in back pressure and I think Arniel's schemes are helping the pair move more consistently from zone to zone. I think our controlled exits and entries is the biggest bright spot for me this season so far, after our game kind of devolved into constant dump ins at times last season..

Edit: also sad for Heinola having such bad breaks, but this is the first time I'm not feeling quite as annoyed at not having gotten him in, since we seem to have so much inexpensive and decent depth. Fleury has been a nice surprise. Hopefully we get to see Heinola get a run eventually.

Reactions: Jets 31 and surixon

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Ok let’s address the 10,000 pound Elephant in the room. Perfetti 3 points vs Sip zero posts.

This winning is killing both his joy and the volume of @sipowicz posting.

I blame Perfectan mostly because when he plays well it litterally scares Sip off the board. Dark days for the other doom and gloom posters too. :razz:

Never fear, a couple of losses and the Michael Jackson thriller video extra’s will be back volume posting to make up for these dark days to start the season.
Ok this made me laugh out loud.:laugh: Here is a song for @sipowicz.:laugh:

• Love
Reactions: ps241

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Nice win against a Blues team that is playing really well too.

Top to bottom, not many passengers last night. Helle made some key saves when needed, especially at the end. The D all played well and didn't give up too much. Special teams were good again as well. The forwards were good as a group too. Good efforts from the IKB line, and the NLA line has been consistently good all year. Nino got taken down a few times he didn't like, and you could see he was playing with some attitude after. ENP was very good again. Ehlers is playing as his dynamic self ATM. Need to see this Ehlers in the playoffs. Perfetti has been very good as well and had a great game. CSV were good, but if there's one guy we need more from it's Vilardi. I'm not worried that he won't get there, but just need him to get going. Offensively for sure, but he just looked a little lost last night. I don't expect speed from him, but if you're not scoring you need to do something, and he didn't seem to be doing much out there.

Reactions: surixon

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Perfetti is going to be a big piece of this team going forward, might be very expensive on his next contract.

Samberg is growing into his role, steady defensive top 4 guy who can skate and make a good first pass.

I know this board is hot/cold on Ehlers but I really hope he doesn't leave.

Jets continue to win.

GJG

Reactions: surixon and Jets 31

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
That was a fun game, super fun to see Perfetti popping off. I think he's actually pretty good defensively and he's been pretty disciplined so it's nice to see him figuring out how and where to be dangerous too.

Pionk Samberg is sure encouraging, that was a big question mark for me.

Scheif Connor, too -- I think for most critics they'll be very happy if that pair can keep shift lengths down and put up some consistent effort in the d-zone. I'm seeing some good work by Connor putting in back pressure and I think Arniel's schemes are helping the pair move more consistently from zone to zone. I think our controlled exits and entries is the biggest bright spot for me this season so far, after our game kind of devolved into constant dump ins at times last season..

Edit: also sad for Heinola having such bad breaks, but this is the first time I'm not feeling quite as annoyed at not having gotten him in, since we seem to have so much inexpensive and decent depth. Fleury has been a nice surprise. Hopefully we get to see Heinola get a run eventually.
Great observations

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Ok this made me laugh out loud.:laugh: Here is a song for @sipowicz.:laugh:

Yup that is the standard PGT after a few losses.

Celebrating winz and agonizing (complaining) about losses is a pretty standard for almost all HFBoard fans……..but…….If you only come out to play after losses then you are a thriller video extra. :naughty:

Reactions: Jets 31 and Buffdog

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
Yup, they really need to do something with Villardi ? I've never been impressed with him, and thought he was way overhyped. Where he is good, is close around the net, with great hands.

For the most part this season, Villardi has been pretty much invisible, and has now officially entered Sip's doghouse. Should be fun. I'd actually move Barron up from the 4th line to replace him, and Villardi down to the 4th line.

Hope he proves me wrong tho -- he does have fans on here.
Are we never happy as Jets fans? Do we always have something to complain about? Can’t just enjoy it, I guess.

Thought that was almost the perfect road game last night. Generally sound defensively, good goaltending when that broke down and patient wait for the breaks type offence. More than pleased with the Jets start.

Reactions: Jets 31 and surixon

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Lost in this winning streak is that HF Jets has also set a new record.

This is the longest we've gone without a tank thread to start a season! :laugh:

tenor.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad