Post-Game Talk: Jets 3 - Blues 2

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
That was a scrappy win.

A skate blade save from OT.

Good for Perfetti to have a strong game. The 2nd line was the catalyst. Watching Namestnikov outwork Schenn on the GWG, that's what hockey is all about, battle level. Ehlers had some fire in his game tonight.

Credit to Adam Lowry too, not on the scoreboard, but another strong game for him and his line.

Kupari is carving out a nice niche for himself.

Liked Miller's game tonight. Getting scoring from 3 pairings is something that hasn't been seen around these parts in years.

Stanley didn't look too bad out there either.

It's kind of a nice ride to start the season 6-0.

Shlep

Sep 13, 2024
Honestly Snerg has turned into a younger version of Dilly very quickly. We've got our 2LD as long as he's on the roster, I love what he brings.
He's had top defensive analytics for a couple years and now he's being less sheltered and that gives him a chance to play with and read off of more offensively creative players more often and he hasn't looked out of place doing it, which is very encouraging. I see him as a Slavin type more than Dillon, smart and responsible enough defensively to play a ton of minutes and his offensive numbers bump up as a result.

Reactions: GNP

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
No, he's not too bad - him and Miller were the only plus dmen tonight, 3 blocked shots, not bad (or maybe even good).
I've come to the conclusion that this is the best the feedback will get for this player - not too bad.

I'm thinking Arniel played him today anticipating the kind of game we saw. Not as fast as some games but fairly heavy. I don't necessarily mean a lot of big hits, but close checking and using the body.

Malcsta

Mar 15, 2024
Im expecting close to the same game we saw tonight when we face seattle. Similar team metrics to the blues per the first 6 games, might be bit more of a challenge IMO. Daccord has looked good so far

Worse case is if leafs snap the streak.
arent the leafs a thorn in our side? when was the last time we won a game vs them?

Shlep

Sep 13, 2024
Announcement - Villardi has officially entered Sip's doghouse. Could get a bit ugly. :laugh:
He's never really looked good with Connor and Scheif, seemed like he really enjoyed playing with Ehlers and they were really effective together.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
I get it many don't like Stanley but he played pretty well tonight, he is not as bad as some think, sure he will have his moments but he pairing with Miller is working out. Fleury did well with Miller too. To summarize Miller is the D whisperer.
I am happy they kept Miller over Schiddy Scmitty and Dare I say over Dillon. He just fits in nicely.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Blues did well blocking a lot of shots and not giving up much in their own zone.

Top line getting their shift lengths under control this game. Please continue with that.

Helle back to positive in GSAx after a rare minus game in that metric against the Sharks.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Nice game from Perfetti and good divisional road win , 6 and 0, Wow, talk about giving the people what they want. Now we boogie-woogie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad