Post-Game Talk: Jets 3 - Blues 2

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
See these are the stories I want to read after a Jets win ... no negativity.
So who is living under the couch.:laugh:
1729654419809.png

Reactions: Royale With Cheese

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I was worried this team would miss Dilly but so far that's not the case.
I thought the same, but considering Miller can fire the puck, at 95 MPH, like he did tonight on his goal, it's looking like we won't miss Dilly all that much, except for his fighting, and sticking up for fellow teammates. I think we'll be fine without him. I liked Dilly tho.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I think Samberg is better than Dillon - smarter with the puck, better judgement calls - but less physical
He is also a much better skater. Considering age Samberg likely surpasses Dillon by a fair bit as the #2 LHD. Of course Chevy will need to pay for that after this season. I think people should expect something in the $5.5 - 6 M range on a long term deal.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
The top line was fine tonight.
They had their chances - but I still find they are the line that gets caught defending a lot from their end.
That probably won't change so I don't get too caught up in it -
But I will give them this - they have been much worse so they appear to be on the right track with more work to do.

Last edited:

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Yeah I thought it was a real nice team game. If we can roll 4 lines like that all season we will be a very tough out.
No Jets F with an average TOI through 6 games of less than 10 minutes. Gone are the days where it seemed our 4th line got 10 minutes total combined for the game. We have guys on that 4th line that can play up anywhere in the lineup when needed.

Fleury and Gus the only 2 Jets skaters without a point. What the next game calls for is one of Lowry's patented shorthanded goals

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
He is also a much better skater. Considering age Samberg likely surpasses Dillon by a fair bit as the #2 LHD. Of course Chevy will need to pay for that after this season. I think people should expect something in the $5.5 - 6 M range on a long term deal.
Samberg has really surprised me TY - he was doing well last season but there was always a bit of hesitation in his game - as though he wasn't sure what to do and a bit afraid to make a mistake.
Most of that is gone - he looks really comfortable out there and is playing well in all zones - very complete player.
And yes, he a much better skater than Dillon

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Yeah I'll get around to trading him if it costs that much for his next, we can bridge though. 90% of the players traded due to contracts fail really bad. It's the team that makes them good, not the player itself.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Yeah I thought it was a real nice team game. If we can roll 4 lines like that all season we will be a very tough out.
There's no reason we can't roll 4 - IMO, the trick to it is having the talent and balance to be able to do it.
The roster hasn't changed a ton but the players are maturing and that the difference.

Reactions: GNP

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
They had their chances - but I find they are still the line that gets caught defending a lot from their end.
That probably won't change so I don't get too caught up in it -
But I will give them this - they have been much worse so they appear to be on the right track with more work to do.

I have made peace with the fact that they are a high even line both ways.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I finally feel like we have a coach who understands how to coach this team.

Yup, looking good so far.
I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. :laugh:

Putting Slammy on his off side last year for a few games hurt him on the ice his confidence took a bit of a hit and so did his play even when he got back to his normal side. Both he and Pionk have played well together mistakes to a minimum. We have a solid top 4.

Third pair looks pretty good too. Better with Fleury, but Stan is not too bad either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad