Post-Game Talk: Jets 2 - Hawks 1 Wow

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Just read a bit of the other GDT..

Why do opposing fans always have to say things like "Jets/Jet fans acting like they won the Stanley Cup"?
The team scored with a minute left to extend their winning streak. Of course they're going to celebrate hard.
I would be pissy too if my team sucked that much balls.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Not an ideal or pretty game, but proud how the Jets hung in there, never gave up, fought till the end and scored two very late goals. Many teams would of just gave up and said its not our night & we've won lots lately so give up. Good job to keep fighting

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
This was the first Jets game I bought tickets to since COVID, it's much easier to attend a game now that I'm a full-time Winnipegger again. I thought I was a curse, that my presence meant we were going to lose to the lowly IceHogs. It definitely looked like it. The barn was very sleepy until the power-play in the 3rd, but they woke up just in time. Chicago needs credit for playing very well and shutting us down, but our defense kept us in it. A barf game turned into a great win, and the place went nuts just like old times.

I can also confirm that saxophone Squirtle is an in-arena thing too!

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
I think we should be ok. It's not like Scheif has dragged the team single-handedly into 1st place. Have we even lost once since Connor was hurt?

With the depth of the roster, the commitment to defence and both of our goalies playing at the top of their games, I think we can ride out a couple weeks.
The injuries have been a blessing this year. Builds resilience.

Reactions: heilongjetsfan

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Just read a bit of the other GDT..

Why do opposing fans always have to say things like "Jets/Jet fans acting like they won the Stanley Cup"?
The team scored with a minute left to extend their winning streak. Of course they're going to celebrate hard.
1705034247864.png

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
If Scheifele is out for any length of time Kupari just doesn't do it me, fourth line sure top 6 nope, bring up the most offensive player from the Moose and lets see what he can do with NHL players.
Ehlers-Vilardi-Nino
Perfetti-Names-Iafallo
Barron-Lowry- Appleton(yuck)
Fjalby-Toninato-Kupari

Barrirng a trade, or a Lambert callup or some other move? Until KFC is ready to come back anyways. You can put KFC with Perfetti and Names, Iafallo to the 3rd and really hopefully Appleton to the PB.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Team was running on fumes tonight I thought but they just stuck with it and grinded out another win.

Hopefully Mark isn't out too long. Did Bones provide an update?

Ehlers called the PP out as being bad tonight. I'd say at least they're aware that it's bad, but Bowness has been acknowledging both special teams being poor since mid November so :dunno:

Well if Mark is out for a bit then it's time to trial Cole on the hb on PP1.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Hope schiefele sitting was just precautionary. He seemed to be moving alright. Optimistic for a day-to-day diagnosis
There's no way they risk it with a mini break.

I'd be absolutely shocked if he dresses Saturday and I'd bet they keep him out Tuesday to to give him a full week.

Groin pulls can become a chronic issue requiring weeks of the ice to properly heal. As a goalie I had my fair share of them

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
There's no way they risk it with a mini break.

I'd be absolutely shocked if he dresses Saturday and I'd bet they keep him out Tuesday to to give him a full week.

Groin pulls can become a chronic issue requiring weeks of the ice to properly heal. As a goalie I had my fair share of them

Yeah, no sense to rush him back. We have banked more then enough points to give him the time he needs to heal.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Listen to the illegal curve show on delay, and they mention that Stanley took the warm up in case they needed to go 11f/7d - and I thought about him as a 4th line winger and went "awwww yeah" in my brain.

• Haha
Reactions: ThinIce61

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Oh, my bad.

I'm weirdly excited to see who we call up. I'd love to see Lambo get a little taste of mid-season hockey
Would be nice, but I expect it will be a more boring option like Kupari. If Heinola finds his game fast enough I wouldn't be surprised to see Bowness go with 7 defensemen, he seems eager to see what Heinola can bring.

Jets are probably going to have to go with Lowry, Namestnikov, Toninato, and Kupari down the middle for a bit, which is not ideal :laugh:

#doitforsquirtle

AussieBomberJet

Dec 28, 2017
Northern Beaches, Queensland
This was the first Jets game I bought tickets to since COVID, it's much easier to attend a game now that I'm a full-time Winnipegger again. I thought I was a curse, that my presence meant we were going to lose to the lowly IceHogs. It definitely looked like it. The barn was very sleepy until the power-play in the 3rd, but they woke up just in time. Chicago needs credit for playing very well and shutting us down, but our defense kept us in it. A barf game turned into a great win, and the place went nuts just like old times.

I can also confirm that saxophone Squirtle is an in-arena thing too!
Looks like you will have to update your location to make it official 😉

Reactions: GNP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad