Player Discussion Jesse Puljujarvi 2022-2023 Season (MOD note in OP)

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
He don't have to be qualified. Oil can let him go to UFA and sign him for less, which I'm sure is not a popular option here, but a possible one.
I am a big fan and want him on my team but the only way he gets resigned/qualified with the Oilers, barring a massive surge to finish the year, is if he takes less money. The Oilers just cant afford a player making 3 mill that brings what he brings. Very unfortunate but he is somewhat replaceable at half his current hit and thats just the painful truth.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Why does always odd teams give dissapointing players a chance, Yakupov - St Louis, Pääjärvi the same, and now Puljujärvi Tampa Bay.

Pulju right now seems to be an elite grinder and forechecker, and welll, I hope the best for him, he seems to be a good guy, who fullfills his tasks. He just isnt practicing enough on his weaknesses,

dem

Mar 17, 2002
I support Jessi... I hate to see him go..

But..

We made the bet... we kept doubling down on him.. and it hasn't worked out either on ice or in trade value. We lost. We aren't even gonna get a pick for him now. That's pretty sad.

Reactions: Aerchon

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I support Jessi... I hate to see him go..

But..

We made the bet... we kept doubling down on him.. and it hasn't worked out either on ice or in trade value. We lost. We aren't even gonna get a pick for him now. That's pretty sad.

Kinda crazy but from the 2015 and 2016 drafts, despite having a boat load of picks and lots of big ticket players to chose from, outside of McDavid, the best pick to contribute to the Oilers might be Desharnais, lol.

Oh well. That's one way to get yourself fired I guess (ahem Chiarelli).

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Kinda crazy but from the 2015 and 2016 drafts, despite having a boat load of picks and lots of big ticket players to chose from, outside of McDavid, the best pick to contribute to the Oilers might be Desharnais, lol.

Oh well. That's one way to get yourself fired I guess (ahem Chiarelli).
Ethan Bear, Caleb Jones was picked 2015 right? Bear at 5th round isnt bad. Good work by Bear to make it. Hes not a bad player, he is a 4th defenceman.

Reactions: fuswald

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Ethan Bear, Caleb Jones was picked 2015 right? Bear at 5th round isnt bad. Good work by Bear to make it. Hes not a bad player, he is a 4th defenceman.

For us though, as an organization the net gain is basically nothing from all the picks post McDavid from 2015/2016. That pretty much killed Chiarelli.

Hopefully we can salvage at least Desharnais from that mess.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
For us though, as an organization the net gain is basically nothing from all the picks post McDavid from 2015/2016. That pretty much killed Chiarelli.

Hopefully we can salvage at least Desharnais from that mess.
Caleb Jones was a part of thatbkieth trade.

Bear gave us Fogele.
I dont know why people expect stars from lower rounds. If you take a look at a draft, there is just a handful of lower round players that plays past 100 games. Its round 1 - 2, after that it significantly drops.

Kaptah

Jul 15, 2007
80% sure Pulju will be dealt during next week, but it is still possible that either Foegele (15%) or Yamamoto (5%) gets the axe instead. Holland must really regret giving oft-injured Yamamoto a two year deal, and thus making him almost certainly immovable.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Macheteops

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
80% sure Pulju will be dealt during next week, but it is still possible that either Foegele (15%) or Yamamoto (5%) gets the axe instead. Holland must really regret giving oft-injured Yamamoto a two year deal, and thus making him almost certainly immovable.

I get that you're a huge Puljujarvi fan as the next person, but the shit you say about Yams is as ridiculous as some of the false narratives placed on Puljujarvi. Be better than this.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
nah, biggest regret was not dealing Jesse in the summer and getting 2nd for him (plus the cap space)

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
He don't have to be qualified. Oil can let him go to UFA and sign him for less, which I'm sure is not a popular option here, but a possible one.
Realistically, the chance that the Oilers resign him is extremely slim at best. It seems pretty clear that if he is not qualified and becomes a UFA that he will look elsewhere.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Holland alluded to using waivers, Hockey News is probably reporting that.

Curious what happens, I don’t see a trade happening, he has negative value and Holland isn’t the type to take back a bad contract in return or give away futures to dump cap.

We’d be lucky to have someone claim him on waivers and clear cap space.

But that’s a bit of a hard sell too, considering his impending RFA + arb status, who give a guy a two month show me look when he’s going to be not qualified/non-tendered, thus not a future option for the claiming team.

Reactions: frag2 and Oilhawks

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad