Confirmed with Link: Jesse Puljujarvi 2 years 800k

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Pulju seems good for 10g and 10-20a a year. He's not bad defensively, and a big body that isn't afraid to throw it around.

At worst he's a 4th liner or a 13th forward. They should really work on his net front presence and tipping ability on the PP in practice.

At 800K/year all I see is upside.
Old bump.

But as an Oiler fan I would've loved to have Puljujaarvi back at that price. I know everyone is losing their shit over the Holloway Offer Sheet, but JP has always shown way more than Holloway. Our mistake was giving him $3m AAV.

Defensively reliable, huge reach, awesome speed. We just wish he paid the price a bit more in dirty areas, or had more accuracy in his shot.

He's still sort of a fan favorite in Edmonton. He was like a lovable idiot. We always wanted more out of him, but what he brought was pretty good.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Old bump.

But as an Oiler fan I would've loved to have Puljujaarvi back at that price. I know everyone is losing their shit over the Holloway Offer Sheet, but JP has always shown way more than Holloway. Our mistake was giving him $3m AAV.

Defensively reliable, huge reach, awesome speed. We just wish he paid the price a bit more in dirty areas, or had more accuracy in his shot.

He's still sort of a fan favorite in Edmonton. He was like a lovable idiot. We always wanted more out of him, but what he brought was pretty good.
Not sure what happens with him this year. Could land any where from top line to back in the A. Training camp is going to be a bloodbath.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I see him as 13th-15th on the forward depth chart but injuries could keep him in the NHL all year. Probably behind Acciari because of Sullivan and in competition with Puustinen & Poulin.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Old bump.

He probably gets waived.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Benching a defensively dependable Pulju who is +2 when the season is on the line amazes me.
t6a7CPD.png

I'd claim him. We need speed in the bottom 6 with McLeod Foegele and Holloway gone
Pretty sure Pooljuice would quit hockey if Edmonton claimed him.

• Haha
Reactions: steelcityassault

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
He probably gets waived.
I liked the idea of Puljujarvi as a reclamation project succeeding, but we all knew in reality it would just never happen with the way Sullivan would utilize him to make him useful. If anything Jesse was able to prove to himself that his surgery did help fix his issues and that he can still play, but I almost hope he gets waived and a smarter coach sees a way to use him and he thrives.

Bemstrom being waived and picked up would be just perfectly fine, there's zero need for him in any sort of depth and in WBS. Not even sure why they kept him to be honest, JP I can see why but Bemstrom is a waste of a contract slot.

Reactions: Giskard

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
We’ve got like 7 reclamation projects but only a couple spots even sort of available.

Like maybe a top 6 wing spot if DOC plays his way off the 1st line, and a 4th line spot.
Ideally I would rather it was just Glass that was the reclamation project, the rest along with the trash - Puljujarvi, Bemstrom, Acciari, Eller, Hayes, and Nieto can f*** off. Beauvillier I am somewhat ok on as one as well as he's a LW that could swap with DOC and the left side is rather thin. But I also suspect Sullivan will find any reason he can to not play Puustinen in usage that helps the team.

PenguinSuitedUp

Sponsor
Oct 2, 2019
We’ve got like 7 reclamation projects but only a couple spots even sort of available.

Like maybe a top 6 wing spot if DOC plays his way off the 1st line, and a 4th line spot.
DOC has been playing his way off the first line since he got there. We just don’t have anyone to replace him with.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
How is Pulju looking in camp, any chance of him getting a spot to start the season?
Waiver bait.

Sullivan has his new veteran toys.

DOC has been playing his way off the first line since he got there. We just don’t have anyone to replace him with.
Rakell as the LW on that line is quite literally a better option. Bunting would be a smart option considering how much the camp is trying to make Hayes-Geno a thing.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
After Sullivan's comments, I have to think that PoolParty is playing his way off the team and into WBS. Which, honestly, would not be a bad thing for him. He didn't look terrible last year on the 4th line. I think if he wants to continue his NHL career, it's via the "be a good vet player in the AHL and be ready for a call up" route.

That said, losing him to the waiver wire is hardly the end of the world.

Sty1877

Mar 21, 2010
How is Pulju looking in camp, any chance of him getting a spot to start the season?

I was there in person two of the three days. I honestly thought he looked engaged, played more physical than I usually see from him, and scored a goal today in scrimmage (maybe yesterday too).

There's a big logjam, but it's possible he makes it. If not, he's cheap and easy to bury.

steelcityassault

Sep 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
I was there in person two of the three days. I honestly thought he looked engaged, played more physical than I usually see from him, and scored a goal today in scrimmage (maybe yesterday too).

There's a big logjam, but it's possible he makes it. If not, he's cheap and easy to bury.
Then you missed the day where Sully freaked out on him and he turned the puck over directly in front/ near his own net

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Then you missed the day where Sully freaked out on him and he turned the puck over directly in front/ near his own net
He had a better day today but he's had a couple of not so good ones. Scored a couple today in scrimmage games but at this point he needs to do a lot more and more consistently to even be a 13th forward option.

Reactions: steelcityassault

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad