Recalled/Assigned: Jesse Blacker [Demoted]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
What on earth happened to Blackers offensive game?

That's what I've been wondering as well. Both our 2nd round picks from that draft are looking like they are going to be nothing (Kenny Ryan and Jesse Blacker). I was really excited for both of them, looked like we had a 2nd/3rd line power forward in Ryan and a top 4 offensive d in Blacker, but now....I don't know.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
That's what I've been wondering as well. Both our 2nd round picks from that draft are looking like they are going to be nothing (Kenny Ryan and Jesse Blacker). I was really excited for both of them, looked like we had a 2nd/3rd line power forward in Ryan and a top 4 offensive d in Blacker, but now....I don't know.

Blacker has the tools to put it together and has shown tons of improvement recently, why do you think he go called up?

Ryan on the other hand is big time bust. :shakehead

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton

Blacker is notorious for taking his sweet time when he switches leagues. He did so in the OHL and now doing in the AHL. However if you follow him enough you should be able to notice his offensive flare showing. He's putting it all together slowly but steadily. If anything when he's ready he'll shine quite well. He was an absolutely threat in the OHL when he had his head on and lead a full charge. I'd expect something similar when he does so soon.

Kenny Ryan will be a hockey player in some way or form, he has way too much drive and character not to be one. He's what you can that great team player everyone covets. His offensive isn't as strong as I'd hope but give him time and he should come out possibly as a really good third line grinder with offensive game. If you want a powerforward with offensive flair you should look for that in Carter Ashton. Slowly yet steadily hopefully he'll come around, very raw but IMO with the right patience his offense may help us get a top 6 forward with powerforward capabilities.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Kenny Ryan is slowly putting it together.

Still. Lot of people's favourite Spitfire in this town.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Blacker is notorious for taking his sweet time when he switches leagues. He did so in the OHL and now doing in the AHL. However if you follow him enough you should be able to notice his offensive flare showing. He's putting it all together slowly but steadily. If anything when he's ready he'll shine quite well. He was an absolutely threat in the OHL when he had his head on and lead a full charge. I'd expect something similar when he does so soon.

Kenny Ryan will be a hockey player in some way or form, he has way too much drive and character not to be one. He's what you can that great team player everyone covets. His offensive isn't as strong as I'd hope but give him time and he should come out possibly as a really good third line grinder with offensive game. If you want a powerforward with offensive flair you should look for that in Carter Ashton. Slowly yet steadily hopefully he'll come around, very raw but IMO with the right patience his offense may help us get a top 6 forward with powerforward capabilities.

Nothing wrong with grooming your own 4th liners and bottom 3 d.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad