Post-Game Talk: Jerod Mayo Era begins with a W: Patriots 16 Bengals 10

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
It'd be one thing if it was simply a voice/personality issue, but there's a lack of insights and the amount of dead air time suggests a serious preparation problem.
I don't know if it's lack of preparation or if it's just you can prep all you want but it's not the same as doing it for real. I think we all had questions about if he had the personality to do the job. Someone like Troy Aikman isn't Mr. Personality but he's pretty good at being critical when it's warranted. That's my hope for Brady. If he's reluctant to be critical I don't want him doing the job.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Seattle could slaughter the Patriots

They look like a terrible matchup

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
Super happy with how this game turned out.

This confidence boost lets the players know their HC and GM at least are on to something. Big monkey off their back moment to start the season. The offense looked watchable for the first time in years…

As long as we are competitive I’m happy with Jacoby playing. I do think the offense will be able to take it up a notch whenever Maye comes in, but looking at how other rookies fared today, no rush on this…

Overall, 5 star day for Mayo & his staff.

Last edited:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Get on the train now.

Screenshot_20240908_002350_Twitter.jpg

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I think its possible, Rob.

This underdog thing might work for us
Yes. Agreed.

Most people don’t realize that the Patriots just need to rebuild the offense. The defense is ready-made, and I’m actually noticing fewer missed tackles this past preseason and today compared to last season.

Granted, building an NFL offense with what the Patriots currently have on hand is no easy task, but I think there can be marked improvement over last season just by cleaning up the penalties. Hopefully, better passing and fewer drops will mean even more improvement. Especially with the drops. Can you remember a group of receivers that dropped more footballs that hit them in the hands than the Patriots last year? I can’t. Today was a step in the right direction.

“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” ~ Ancient Chinese Proverb.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1725857103177.png

OOPS!!!!!
After a surprise 16-10 win for the New England Patriots over the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday, one Washington, D.C., tavern paid a steep price.

The Dirty Water, an aptly named sports bar for fans of Boston’s teams in the nation’s capital, promised Patriots fans on its Instagram account, “If the Pats win, everyone’s bar tab is on the house.”

On Sunday around 7:30 p.m., the bar was still closing out tabs and had already comped about $6,000 in drinks, said Rachel Hynes, the general manager.

“It was the best game the Patriots have played in the last several years, I would say, offensively for sure,” Hynes said. “There were a couple plays towards the middle of the fourth quarter where I looked at the owner and said ‘We better start comping.’ ”

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I like the Rams and fell asleep they were up 20-17 late

Wtf

Rams lose 3 starters - 2 OL & Nakau

What a brutal night

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I fell like Geron Christian signs with the Pats this week. I don't know that he's any better then Lowe but I am hopeful.

I would love to see this offense be the most run heavy in the league this year. Take some shots on play action and take the. Crossing routes when the defense cheeats up.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I think a lot of people got knocked out of their survivor pools yesterday :laugh:

What a win. And as others have said, what a boost of confidence all around. Happy for them.

PATS!

Reactions: BMC

FrankerC

Jun 24, 2016
Lewiston, Maine
So with the Patriots winning in an upset, have we been told why this is a bad thing for the Patriots by all the radio talking heads yet?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad