Post-Game Talk: Jerks vs Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Reirds was not the right pick for this team. Shoulda just paid trotz.
Is this for real? They're the top team in the entire NHL. Tonight they're playing with 5D, missing a top-6 forward, and with the flu going through the locker room, after having played last night and traveled. And the main problem tonight has been 70. WTF are you thinking?

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Oh def not. But the last goal feels like a back breaker and with only 5d....that is tough.
Especially when we are pissing away PPs. We never even got set up on that last one. At least eller came on and figured out it was time to dump in instead of continuing to give it away on the zone entry

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Reirds was not the right pick for this team. Shoulda just paid trotz.
Literally first in the league and you post this, lol.

We're playing without our top line RW and our 2D against a team that went to the ECF last year and we're pretty much their only rival.

Barry, mind you, still has only once ever advanced beyond the second round. If you're not going to believe Reirden is the answer because 1 and 1/4 season, not sure you can disregard Barry's entire career because one season he finally got past the first round.

Reactions: Corby78

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
It is, however, time for some fresh thinking on the PP. Not saying Forsythe necessarily needs to go, but he needs to get out of his comfort zone.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I like how we’re complaining about coaching because of a game where the play has been even except one goalie has been really bad.

Reactions: Calicaps

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
It is, however, time for some fresh thinking on the PP. Not saying Forsythe necessarily needs to go, but he needs to get out of his comfort zone.
A few consultants available....

oates1.jpg

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I think Kuzy is having a very negative effect on the PP and on his line. I don't think Reirden is the type of coach to do it but maybe he needs to bench him or make him a healthy scratch for a game

He's the only one able to bring the puck in on the PP.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I think Kuzy is having a very negative effect on the PP and on his line. I don't think Reirden is the type of coach to do it but maybe he needs to bench him or make him a healthy scratch for a game
Maybe sit him because he’s hurt but a healthy scratch. No. Never

Edit: if you healthy scratch Kuz you might as well trade him

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
what was our PP record when Vrana replaced Backstrom on the PP? it was nice having a shooter on the right side. He was also a 2nd option to enter the zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad