Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman: VII- Swayman's agent basically calls Cam a liar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How does this saga end?

• Bridge deal

Votes: 45 24.5%
  • Long term deal

Votes: 50 27.2%
  • Trade

Votes: 89 48.4%

• Total voters

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
People seem surprised to hear sport agents can be shady. Just look at the whole Freddie Freeman saga during the Braves/Dodgers contract negotiations.
Yeah, they’re jerks by design. It’s in the job requirements.

“All they care about is themselves and the money”

Well…yeah, that’s the job.

Reactions: LSCII

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Ethically I absolutely agree with you. But they aren’t exactly the same. In real estate there would be a written offer. In sports, unless an offer sheet, there isnt. Just verbal until actual contract is written up.
In this case there is no written‘receipt’. Just I said , you said.
As an agent, I would request all contract offers to be in writing.
Both sides are covered.
" Believe nothing you hear and half of what you see"

Reactions: BMC

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
While the Bruins could ship Swayman to any team that will offer them what they want, that team will want to know if Swayman would actually sign with them. Are they willing to pay him what he wants? Does he want to sign there? You could look at a team like Anaheim... is Swayman going to sign up to be there for 8 years?

So it has to work for all parties. The Bruins, Swayman, the acquiring team. I just doubt that there is a team that can check all the boxes at this time of year. Which is one of the big reasons I'm assuming things eventually get sorted out with Boston.

Welcome to having our own Mitch Marner, well in one regard: A player who might push the contract envelope and help nudge his team towards a less than ideal cap situation. Leafs fans do not like him as much as they might if he hadn't held their feet to the fire. But of course Swayman is not Marner in that he doesn't suck in big games :)
I have been wondering myself how that would work for the team trading for Sway, do you sign him first and then trade him. I am sure the team trading for him would need to let the Bruins know what they would pay for a contract. I know he has NTC until he is 27, so that would not hold up a deal. Now please I do not know all of these contract's work, I am just putting my commonsense hat on.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I have no proof and no one else does either that Gross is lying, but if he is he is the type that has no shame about doing so, that is how his type roll. Sayman's image will never be the same, might restore it somewhat but will never be what it was. He screwed up, if had success in this town he might have owned it.
If we trade him I will certainly be rooting aggressively for him to fail lol. I don't think his image will never be the same if he stays though. I think he gets some boos first game he plays but if he performs the fans will forget about it in no time. If he comes out and sucks though he'll be the most hated man in Boston.

I Hate Philadelphia

Aug 10, 2015
Orlando, Florida
I'm as tired of this as everyone else and this becoming a sideshow circus was the worst case scenario.

All of this is making me feel petty and honestly my ideal outcome at this point is that he's traded somewhere else, signs a big deal, then has a horrendous season.

Reactions: Therewolf31

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
I can sympathize with their frustration, but it’s still all their fault. They put themselves in this spot and obviously failed a major calculus at some point along the way. Surely they will try to paint another picture but I’m not sure why anyone would believe it.

If they’d done their homework on this, they’d still have Ullmark and Swayman would already be in another sweater.
How is it their fault?

They moved Ullmark to sign all the guys they did is the offseason. To think they didn't do their homework is flat out wrong.

I will say Swayman most likely thinks he had the Bruins backed into a corner after Ullmark was traded. I guess he did in some degree because if 8x8 is on the table that's a hell of a lot more than he deserves based on his body of work.

I want the guy gone asap and move on with the team that wants to be in Boston, this kid wants to be a martyr for the goalie union let him do it somewhere else.

Reactions: Therewolf31

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
FWIW, Frank Seravalli is reporting that the Bruins' most recent offer is 8-years, $62.5 million.

Swayman is at 8-years, $68 million.
So the agent saying they never got 64 mil is really just semantics if this is true, and Neely exaggerated the offer by 1.5 mil on the Bruins end.

If that is the ask and offer they should just stfu and come to a deal rather than squabbling over like 500k season.

What a shit show

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
FWIW, Frank Seravalli is reporting that the Bruins' most recent offer is 8-years, $62.5 million.

Swayman is at 8-years, $68 million.
There are now a few reports out there that Boston’s biggest offer was $62mill (4 if you count this one of 62.5). Which isn’t $64 mill, which means Neely was lying. Even if it’s a small amount, he still was dishonest when saying they gave the player $64 million reasons to sign because they didn’t.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
This is what I believe.

I still hope Sway signs here.
Best place for him lol

But gone sideways

Heading over Cliff but still time to hit the brakes

Nylander resolved Nylander issues I believe how ended - so maybe Swayman going to have to put his future in his own hands not leave to agent

Reactions: Therewolf31 and BMC

Therewolf31

Jul 24, 2024
I have been wondering myself how that would work for the team trading for Sway, do you sign him first and then trade him. I am sure the team trading for him would need to let the Bruins know what they would pay for a contract. I know he has NTC until he is 27, so that would not hold up a deal. Now please I do not know all of these contract's work, I am just putting my commonsense hat on.
I believe he can only get 8 years from the Bruins. Max 7 years elsewhere.

bp14

Mar 17, 2022
How is it their fault?

They moved Ullmark to sign all the guys they did is the offseason. To think they didn't do their homework is flat out wrong.

I will say Swayman most likely thinks he had the Bruins backed into a corner after Ullmark was traded. I guess he did in some degree because if 8x8 is on the table that's a hell of a lot more than he deserves based on his body of work.

I want the guy gone asap and move on with the team that wants to be in Boston, this kid wants to be a martyr for the goalie union let him do it somewhere else.
If you don’t know Sways asking price and where it fits into your cap, you don’t trade Ullmark. This is entirely their fault.

And if do know his ask, and you in turn traded Ullmark knowing it, how are we here today?

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
To Utah for Josh Doan would be a solid trade. Young natural RW to fill the open roster spot.

I could see something with Calgary. Maybe a 1st + Huberdeau with ~2mil retained. They get out of that contract, B's take a risk on a struggling top 6 forward but get a high pick as well.

Ducks for Zegras would be good. One head case for another. I'd like to see what Zegras can do when the games actually matter instead of going through the motions on a losing team.
Zegras !!! Marchand would knock him on his ass with his first step in the locker-room message delivered.

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Well what everyone really needs to know is that I got one of all three of the centennial jerseys last year

1) DeBrusk Away
2) Swayman Home
........3) McAvoy three

Close to 2/3s, scared if thats a trend or an anomaly.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
As an agent, I would request all contract offers to be in writing.
Both sides are covered.
" Believe nothing you hear and half of what you see"
I assume that does happen. I also assume many guys try to skirt around it with small talk. In theory i love the idea but would be difficult to stick to it in practice.

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
There are now a few reports out there that Boston’s biggest offer was $62mill (4 if you count this one of 62.5). Which isn’t $64 mill, which means Neely was lying. Even if it’s a small amount, he still was dishonest when saying they gave the player $64 million reasons to sign because they didn’t.
leaks are coming from the agent, so anything the media is reporting is from Gross' mouth not the teams.

• Haha
Reactions: Bodit9 and LSCII

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
If you don’t know Sways asking price and where it fits into your cap, you don’t trade Ullmark. This is entirely their fault.

And if do know his ask, and you in turn traded Ullmark knowing it, how are we here today?
You do understand you need other players to fill out a team other than two goalies?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
So the agent saying they never got 64 mil is really just semantics if this is true, and Neely exaggerated the offer by 1.5 mil on the Bruins end.

If that is the ask and offer they should just stfu and come to a deal rather than squabbling over like 500k season.

What a shit show
But it’s not. Neely said they gave Swayman an 8x8 offer but they didn’t. No semantics, just reality.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
My gut says it’s over. This is too much of a distraction and will affect team chemistry to start the season. I like Sway, but I LOVE the Bruins, and if he’s too dumb to realize that it’s not just about money, too bad for him, we’ll survive and make the playoffs. And maybe pick up a few great pieces in a trade and with the extra cap space.
Trade him to the Flyers for Konecny and a 2nd or 3rd round pick.
He moves right up to our second line.....mark him down for 30-35 goals.
Cap works for us this season and leaves us with a bit of room.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad