Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman: VII- Swayman's agent basically calls Cam a liar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How does this saga end?

• Bridge deal

Votes: 45 25.1%
  • Long term deal

Votes: 48 26.8%
  • Trade

Votes: 86 48.0%

• Total voters

bp14

Mar 17, 2022
The very fact it’s gotten to this stage, and the Bruins dealt Ullmark, is a massive indictment of this front office IMO. It simply can’t happen.

They can play their PR game now all they want. Regardless of how unrealistic Sway may be, they did this to themselves. The only other alternative is that he told them 8 would get it done, they dealt Ullmark and he changed his ask. But that seems too ridiculous.

Reactions: Sevendust

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
I would love to believe Gross has been keeping things from Swayman, like he did with Gaudreau (rip) and Nylander.

I went from being a huge Swayman fan to feeling like he's an egomaniac demanding to be the highest paid goalie in the league without earning that title and to hell with the fallout for his team. That's been a painful fall from grace.
100%

A friend who works at 98.5 says Neeley has agreed to appear on Felger and Mazz this afternoon. It has been 7 years since his last appearance.

:help:
Management should probably be quiet at this point and see if Swayman wants to come to the table. Don't love this move.

Reactions: NeelyDan

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
The very fact it’s gotten to this stage, and the Bruins dealt Ullmark, is a massive indictment of this front office IMO. It simply can’t happen.

They can play their PR game now all they want. Regardless of how unrealistic Sway may be, they did this to themselves. The only other alternative is that he told them 8 would get it done, they dealt Ullmark and he changed his ask. But that seems too ridiculous.
What about Swayman’s part in all this ? Obviously the front office underestimated how difficult it might be to sign Swayman and sure that’s on them but I think Jeremy and his agent underestimated how sympathetic Bruins fans would be towards him . Sure , we all want him back but at what cost ?

Reactions: TCB and Bodit9

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I originally voted for a bridge deal. But since Gross rebuttal and essentially calling Neely a liar I think Sway time here is done.
Regardless of whatever the truth is. Just my gut.
Id put money on them taking a few phone calls from the handful of teams that may be interested

Reactions: TCB and Oates2Neely

bp14

Mar 17, 2022
What about Swayman’s part in all this ? Obviously the front office underestimated how difficult it might be to sign Swayman and sure that’s on them but I think Jeremy and his agent underestimated how sympathetic Bruins fans would be towards him . Sure , we all want him back but at what cost ?
Why does he care about fan sympathy?

And I think you can blame him for wanting more than he’s worth, but they still should have known that before they dealt their other option. You don’t trade away your leverage/next best option and screw your entire team. It’s idiotic.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
It’s easy to say deal him and I do agree but it’s not likely the Bruins will get what they want back . What a mess .
Funniest part of the whole mess was reading Lewis Gross statement lol

I followed Nylander saga basically thru Leafs HF thread for months and he was a media whore

Give me the no nonsense standup RW arguably top 2-3 in his position all time in his prime over Gross

I feel it’s likely the Bruins players are not on his side here either ~ ‘the one for all and all for one’ seems to me not applying to this kid. What he reported wants will cause player or plsyers dealt.

Saros is the comp and he has the resume

I’d still offer
4/30
6/50
8/64

Tell him pick one or you can sit out and we will eventually trade you

To me he’s very naive, gullible whatever and getting bad advice

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

And I think you can blame him for wanting more than he’s worth, but they still should have known that before they dealt their other option. You don’t trade away your leverage/next best option and screw your entire team. It’s idiotic.
I think he does care though . Otherwise, why does his agent release a statement saying 64 million dollars was never offered?

Reactions: Oates2Neely

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
I originally voted for a bridge deal. But since Gross rebuttal and essentially calling Neely a liar I think Sway time here is done.
Regardless of whatever the truth is. Just my gut.
Id put money on them taking a few phone calls from the handful of teams that may be interested
They won’t get full value and I am willing to bet there aren’t many teams willing to hand Sway anything he wants.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

I followed Nylander saga basically thru Leafs HF thread for months and he was a media whore

Give me the no nonsense standup RW arguably top 2-3 in his position all time in his prime over Gross

I feel it’s likely the Bruins players are not on his side here either ~ ‘the one for all and all for one’ seems to me not applying to this kid. What he reported wants will cause player or plsyers dealt.

I’d still offer
4/30
6/50
8/64

Maybe Patrice Bergeron should talk to the kid.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

What part of this negotiation tells you Gross would have negotiated in good faith prior to them trading Ullmark?

I’d still offer
4/30
6/50
8/64

I still haven’t figured out why you keep offering a higher AAV for six years than eight years.

Reactions: TD Charlie

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
What part of this negotiation tells you Gross would have negotiated in good faith prior to them trading Ullmark?

I still haven’t figured out why you keep offering a higher AAV for six years than eight years.
I’m not sure the Bruins are sold on him off the ice and with goaltenders breaking down you avoid 8 years - you get him 25-30

It’s only .3 more AAV and Swayman could feel he can go out and get another contract

Personally I’m not sold on his makeup anymore ~ he’s got red flags to me and 6 is a good gsmble

Just me and I suck anyways so take it fwiw

• Wow
Reactions: Bodit9

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Shit is getting real.
Barring something from out in left field...I don't see how this doesn't end in a trade.

I don't see how it does to be honest. There have been far more acrimonious situations than this, which have ended up with the player staying.

The B's might not win a cup with him, but the definitely won't win one without him. I think there's a better chance Swayman changes representatives (and even that is a long, long shot) than there is of him getting traded.

It might take until mid-October -- but I still think it gets done.

Reactions: Beyonder

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Damage control. Good move by Cam to clear the air.
Yeh this ought to be good

The best result is 8/64 is accepted

And can be structured so he gets 10 M last couple of years

Unfortunately sounds like going to end up in a trade (hello Anaheim)

Reactions: SwayHeyKid

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Management should probably be quiet at this point and see if Swayman wants to come to the table. Don't love this move.
I think we might be beyond that.
I think the Bruins had enough of the hits and felt the need to speak.
Calls not returned for three weeks, only 6m /yr, still pissy about ARB last year, denying 64m offer...all while hanging around Boston saying he wants to remain a Bruin, then going on a podcast and saying he's going to raise the goalie market..... this was a PR campaign imo.
I think the Bruins need to speak up and possibly move on.

Last edited:

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022

The Bruins consistently back burner RFA's...it's what they do. Why not hammer something out before 1. Swayman becomes the #1, 2. Before his stellar play-offs, 3. Before they deal Ullmark. They screwed up.

They never prioritize their RFA it seems and this one came back to bite them.

Reactions: TCB

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
It felt like autopilot this offseason.

Deal Ullmark, sign a playmaking center, and most assumed they’d find common ground with Swayman.

Whoops.

So now what do you do? If you really believe in Korpisalo and Bussi (and Essensa) then maybe you push the red button and deal Swayman.

But you risk going back to the Blaine Lacher, Craig Billington, Jim Carey days.

The alternative is to have $13m tied up in the goalie position for the next couple of seasons.
I’d rather they spend money on the goalie position than tying up nearly 8 mill per on their bottom pairing dmen but hey, that’s just me. I didn’t go to Harvard, so what do I know?

Swayman and his agent are obviously aware of the public perception that most feel Swayman getting 64 million dollars is a fair deal otherwise why would his agent release a statement? . If they ask for more Swayman is considered greedy . Neely did the right thing by speaking out . Does Jeremy really not give a shit what the fan base thinks? I think he signs a deal soon .
People saying why would Neely say this if it wasn’t true and how he has nothing to gain by doing so need to read the above. This is exactly why. PR spin and support to move on from one of their best players.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014

I’d still offer
4/30
6/50
8/64

My final offer(s) would be:

4/26
6/45
8/64

No more negotiating from management and Sway the ball is in your court either pick one or we will have to move on as best we can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad