Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman: VII- Swayman's agent basically calls Cam a liar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How does this saga end?

• Bridge deal

Votes: 41 23.7%
  • Long term deal

Votes: 48 27.7%
  • Trade

Votes: 84 48.6%

• Total voters

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
When Elliotte Friedman is baffled about where this is going we have a big problem.

I was in the camp that Ullmark would be traded but I figured the Bruins would not do it until Swayman was locked in.

:help:

It almost needs to end in a trade.

The Bruins probably hate the leaking Gross/Swayman have done and have now felt forced twice now to defend themselves with Sweeney calling out Spittin Chiclets and now Neely dropping the lump sum of their offer.

I can’t think of a time in recent Bruins history that this has happened.

Reactions: Bodit9 and Blowfish

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I've been somewhat hard on the expectations of the Swayman camp in theses negotiations. And I truly hope that things get resolved quickly. I've made my opions known elsewhere on this matter and they really have not changed. Whatever the Bruins finally decide upon it is ultimately their choice and I hope Swayman is a part of the team and does well for years to come.

Swayman has shown to be a good goalie, he has the potential to be a great goalie.
What we tend to forget is that historically goalies have always been a little off their rocker, crazy, out there ... in their own world. Who else finds enjoyment in having 3 inch hard rubber disks shot at them repeatedly?

If and when this is settled and he's back out there on the ice, ... If the rest of the team is okay and fine with his seemingly cocky expectations and he's working hard to win games and get the team back to the finals and possibly a cup. Then I'm fine with him too.
My late brother was an NCAA D1 goalie recruited by Northeastern during his 1968-69
HS season and he was absolutely insane.

That seems plausible as it sounds very similar to what happened with Nylander who ended up talking directly with Dubas to get that contract at the last minute.
Is Gross still Nylanders agent?

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
So Neely puts his star goaltender on blast at a news conference with a number that was never offered and people are calling

Anthony Stewart thinks it’s going to take $10m per season to get this done.
Then they should trade him. Swayman should sign a bridge then and get 10 at 29 years old. I have no issue with them not going there

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
It felt like autopilot this offseason.

Deal Ullmark, sign a playmaking center, and most assumed they’d find common ground with Swayman.

Whoops.

So now what do you do? If you really believe in Korpisalo and Bussi (and Essensa) then maybe you push the red button and deal Swayman.

But you risk going back to the Blaine Lacher, Craig Billington, Jim Carey days.

The alternative is to have $13m tied up in the goalie position for the next couple of seasons.

Reactions: TCB

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
People say this all the time but it’s not really a good comparison. In the NHL, the employer is capped in how much they can spend, and in this case, the team is going to be spending to the max. So when one player asks for more, they’re not forcing the team to pay more. They’re forcing the team to pay someone else, one of their colleagues, less.

The more suitable comparison would be: Imagine your employer offers you a healthy raise. But it’s not enough for you. So you go to them and say, I want an extra 25k and I want you to take it from Sally’s salary and give it to me instead. I deserve more and she deserves less. And if you have to lay Sally off to pay me, that’s fine too.

Would that make you an asshole?
Its pro sports.

Is Sally equal to Peeke? Or is Sally equal to Frederic?

Bruins on the brink going from Ullmark\Swayman\Gryz\DeBrusk\Heinen\JVR to Korpisalo\Zadorov\Lindholm\Kastelic\Jones.

Thats a massive downgrade in net, and a moderate upgrade on D and a moderate downgrade upfront. If Swayman doesn't sign they better get an upgrade on Korpisalo
or they will be life and death for a WC.

DaStinger

Permanent Interim
Feb 14, 2007
NB, Canada
$10M is too steep. Imagine a player playing out of his mind during contract years then coming back to earth once the long-term deal is inked. It has happened before.

I think Sway is the guy, but we can't get too crazy or it could haunt us for years.

Reactions: Bodit9 and BBruins

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
To Utah for Josh Doan would be a solid trade. Young natural RW to fill the open roster spot.

I could see something with Calgary. Maybe a 1st + Huberdeau with ~2mil retained. They get out of that contract, B's take a risk on a struggling top 6 forward but get a high pick as well.

Ducks for Zegras would be good. One head case for another. I'd like to see what Zegras can do when the games actually matter instead of going through the motions on a losing team.
Anaheim got off to a good start last year and Zegras was hurt and sucked when he came back.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1727779933915.jpeg

1727779949778.jpeg

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Lewis Gross is involved in a high profile player should surprise no one what happens

Personally I wouldn’t budge from 8/64

I followed the Nylander stuff very closely and like Scott Boras learned to loathe him

This should have been a great marriage but my opinion is Swayman believes he was done dirty by Bruins and is jaded - innocence gone

I would deal him

If Gross is so adamant the 64 never offered it - was now so accept it

Saros is as good as Swayman - I think he’s better- and he just signed 8 for 7.5 ish

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Lewis Gross is involved in a high profile player should surprise no one what happens

Personally I wouldn’t budge from 8/64

I followed the Nylander stuff very closely and like Scott Boras learned to loathe him

This should have been a great marriage but my opinion is Swayman believes he was done dirty by Bruins and is jaded - innocence gone

I would deal him

If Gross is so adamant the 64 never offered it - was now so accept it

Saros is as good as Swayman - I think he’s better- and he just signed 8 for 7.5 ish
It’s easy to say deal him and I do agree but it’s not likely the Bruins will get what they want back . What a mess .

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
''never see me post on this board again after today.''
Because of that guy?
No not because of that guy. The negativity here has been over-the-top now for awhile, I stayed away all summer avoiding commenting on anything because you could see the vitriol and sometimes personal attacks on posters for their opinion. Sad but par for the course in 2024 unfortunately.

Enjoy!

Reactions: caz16

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Swayman and his agent are obviously aware of the public perception that most feel Swayman getting 64 million dollars is a fair deal otherwise why would his agent release a statement? . If they ask for more Swayman is considered greedy . Neely did the right thing by speaking out . Does Jeremy really not give a shit what the fan base thinks? I think he signs a deal soon .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad