Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman: VII - As featured in Episode 3 of Amazon's "FACEOFF: Inside the NHL

How does this saga end?

• Bridge deal

Votes: 58 20.6%
  • Long term deal

Votes: 78 27.7%
  • Trade

Votes: 146 51.8%

• Total voters

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
One could make the argument that we're beating a dead horse here.

So be it. Discuss, if you so choose. We'll keep all the Swayman talk contained to this thread.

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the conversation, move along.

We will not have this devolve into thread hijacking and flaming of other posters.

@Gee Wally

We have numerous deletions and more in here. We know tension and emotions are high.
But you folks must simply stop taking personal shots at each. Stay to topic.

If not we will be left with no choice other than adding thread bans.

Last edited:

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
I mean at this point you gotta believe there’s nothing new left for us to cover here, right?

One of you stats nerds peel yourselves away from your transition lenses and dress shirts buttoned to the top and prove this with data cause I gotta tell you the dead horse passes the eye test
This entire thread is like reading the same page over and over again :laugh:

Reactions: lopey and HustleB

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I still haven’t caught up in this thread for many days. But your posts are insufferable. If you think swayman is anywhere close to Vas you should seriously get help.
You have no idea what you are talking of about. I already posted the results of Swayman and Vasi who each have played against Toronto and Florida in either the 2023 or 2024 PO. Try aren't remotely close with Swayman performing significantly better.

Post injury Vasi isn't the same goalie.

• Haha
Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

Horton Hears A Woo

Sep 20, 2011
Connecticut
You have no idea what you are talking of about. I already posted the results of Swayman and Vasi who each have played against Toronto and Florida in either the 2023 or 2024 PO. Try aren't remotely close with Swayman performing significantly better.

Post injury Vasi isn't the same goalie.
Yea buddy you have no clue what you’re talking about. No person with a Brain would take swayman over the guy who has been the best goalie in hockey over the last 6-8 kindly be quiet. Put vasi on this bruins defense and system and how do you think it would go? Vasi was coming off a bad injury last season and still started more games than swayman ever has. He also played on a terrible Tampa defense. Also pretty subject you’re taking the last two post Seasons and not his whole entire body of work: that’s copium at its finest. Acting like vasi is on the decline and isn’t going to have a a huge Season. But thanks for stopping by. Imagine using two playoff rounds against a guy who has been the best goalie in hockey for a long period of time. GTFO

Reactions: Gordoff and lopey

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Yea buddy you have no clue what you’re talking about. No person with a Brain would take swayman over the guy who has been the best goalie in hockey over the last 6-8 kindly be quiet. Put vasi on this bruins defense and system and how do you think it would go? Vasi was coming off a bad injury last season and still started more games than swayman ever has. He also played on a terrible Tampa defense. Also pretty subject you’re taking the last two post Seasons and not his whole entire body of work: that’s copium at its finest. Acting like vasi is on the decline and isn’t going to have a a huge Season. But thanks for stopping by. Imagine using two playoff rounds against a guy who has been the best goalie in hockey for a long period of time. GTFO
He isn't that Vasi anymore, what part don't you get?

• Haha
Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

Horton Hears A Woo

Sep 20, 2011
Connecticut
He isn't that Vasi anymore, what part don't you get?
What part of just because you said something doesn’t make it true my guy.. again I know far more about Tampa and there team than you do. You’re also interrupting me catching up on this thread. Tampa went out and revamped there d core and have a healthy vas heading into this season. You used one playoff run for swayman to justify your argument. That is truly ridiculous. Swayman has nothing on vas and no warped small sample size you’re trying to use will make swayman better. Like do you really want me to post vas stats over the last seven plus seasons? Because it’s embarrassing even trying to compare swayman to him. Also insulting.

Reactions: lopey and Gordoff

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
I just watched the Swayman episode and I find it funny when he was sitting in the hotel talking about how they don't dwell on the past and his mindset is to live in the present. Sure seem likes he's taking a different approach when it comes to his contract and his hard feelings about arbitration

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Yeah whatever. None of those guys are lock up at any cost but guessing you stare at that 8x10 glossy of Donnie too much?

Two of your three core guys locked up for a long time. Get the third in
Sorry but he isn't a core guy yet. Maybe never will be. Gotta pay your dues like everyone else, and paying those dues are easy to pay at $8 million a year (which isn't enough for him or Gross).

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Swayman has a winning record against Carolina and Toronto and a losing record against Florida (who only Vegas has beaten Florida last two years). His goals against versus Carolina were 2,2,4,2,3 and Toronto 1,3,2,1,2,2,1 (OT). Against Florida last year he gave up 1, 4, 5, 3,1,2 goals. Certainly can be said good enough to force a G7. So in 3 series where he played minimum 5 games of the series he has given up 1 goal FIVE TIMES, 2 goals SEVEN TIMES.

Vasi last two years gave up 3,7,4 (OT),5 (OT),2,2 (OT) and against FLA 3,3,4,3,4 (OT).

So Vasi gave up 1 goal ZERO TIMES. 2 goals 2 TWO TIMES.

Pretty significant difference in favor of Swayman. Just taking Carolina and Florida Swayman has given up 1 goal TWO TIMES and 2 GOALS 4 TIMES.

So Swayman outperformed the great Vasi significantly.

People want to question Swayman as "The Man" all year? They really want to go with Korpisalo all year as "The Man"?
They don’t want to. They’re willing to if it means not overpaying.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
As a Swayman fan from the beginning, if they don't get it done within the next few days, trade his immature ass.

And ban shithead Lerwie Ever after from the premises.

It is somehow incumbent upon the Bruins, who are not blameless in this circumstance, to "repair the relationship"?

*f*** you.*

The relationship is over.

*Get rid of him.*

They may not get fair value.

Thid does not mean they must accept pennies on the dollar, as shit-head Harry Sindrn did to prove his myopic, pig-headed points.

Even if Jeremy signs, at this point, no one on thebclub believes Swayman cares as much for his teammates as he does about himself.

Again, absent a miracle within the next day or two, ship him out.

PS They must certain not to be vindictive in doing so.

Players across the league will be watching, and how the Bruins handle the Swayman situation will not go unnoticed by potential free agents and trade targets.

Pick up at 25: 00,

👉💯👈

Last edited:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Is he asked about it or is it open mic night?

There's ways he can answer if questioned about it to make it sound like he's moving on and not in a perpetual state of pouting.

" yeah, it wasn't easy but I've put it behind me and 100 percent focused on what's ahead for the team "

Simple, even if it grinds his gears on the inside and using as personal motivation. Sometimes it's best to keep shit to yourself and let your actions do all the talking.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I just explained why I think those terms have very different connotations, so no need to addresses that again.

But am I crazy or has he only brought up arbitration maybe four times total? Genuinely asking, because I can remember three for sure but have a vague memory of a fourth, yet I am very cognizant I might have missed some or simple don't remember others.

Four is still kind of a lot considering this is rarely a thing players talk about. (Though that may be because most teams do everything they can to avoid taking good players to arbitration so there are fewer opportunities to upset them.) I just don't care because it clearly motivated him to play well on the ice, which I do care about.

I don't fault anyone for being annoyed by it, I honestly don't. But there are a lot of people in here who are way way way more than "annoyed." There's real vitriol, some of which I find unhinged.

By my count, 5 but I didn't really look too hard into it - just going mostly by memory.

- right after it happened and a deal was struck

- there was a fluto article around the time the season started with some new Swayman quotes

- an interview when he was asked how it felt to be named for the all star game

- the Amazon series

- the podcast " it's a business " interview

To his credit, he also talked about how he wants to keep being a Boston Bruins in some of the interviews and I think he was sincere. I just think he and his team thought the Bruins would be easier to break.

Reactions: Gordoff

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Genuine question for people: if it's not negatively impacting his game (and it clearly hasn't), why do you care what Swayman says? You know that you don't need to read/listen to everything an athlete says that annoys you, right?

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. He was clearly the best the player on the team in the playoffs and the reason they were able to beat Toronto and get to a Game 6 against Florida when they were clearly outmatched. He's probably the 3rd best player on the team right now behind Pastrnak and McAvoy.

Is he asking for too much? Maybe, but they NEED him, and he and his agent know that. This team is going nowhere with Korpisalo as the starter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad