Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman: VII - As featured in Episode 3 of Amazon's "FACEOFF: Inside the NHL

How does this saga end?

• Bridge deal

Votes: 58 20.6%
  • Long term deal

Votes: 77 27.4%
  • Trade

Votes: 146 52.0%

• Total voters

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
One could make the argument that we're beating a dead horse here.

So be it. Discuss, if you so choose. We'll keep all the Swayman talk contained to this thread.

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the conversation, move along.

We will not have this devolve into thread hijacking and flaming of other posters.

@Gee Wally

We have numerous deletions and more in here. We know tension and emotions are high.
But you folks must simply stop taking personal shots at each. Stay to topic.

If not we will be left with no choice other than adding thread bans.

Last edited:

LetsGoBruins97

May 17, 2022
Arlington, VA
So really, the drop dead date isn't December 1st. I mean, at the point, even if Swayman signs for $8m per year the cap hit would be over $10m to the Bruins. They couldn't do that even with a 20 man roster.

The cap hit on November 1st would be $9m and even that leaves them no money for the cap, but they could do it with a skeleton crew roster.

And that's assuming Swayman signs for $8m, which he won't.

After learning this, if he's not signed by the second week of the season, he's not going to play this season. My doubts surrounding a trade remain. He's not getting over $7m/year anywhere else (potentially Utah?), and I don't see how we get enough back to make a trade worth it from the Bruins' perspective.

I think he ultimately signs 8x8.25.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
How high can the Bruins go? $10.2 million for Swayman and a 13th forward.

View attachment 912700
Or we can just give him $12m and go with a 20-man roster. Might have to just to fit his ego in the room. Or we can pay him $8.25 and go with a 23-man roster and pay TJ $1m. Who tf is Jeremy Swayman that we need to lose a roster spot because of him? There’s no “I” in team son. Hell, there isn’t even an “I” in Jeremy Swayman. There are two “y”s tho, and a whole lotta whine.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
After learning this, if he's not signed by the second week of the season, he's not going to play this season. My doubts surrounding a trade remain. He's not getting over $7m/year anywhere else (potentially Utah?), and I don't see how we get enough back to make a trade worth it from the Bruins' perspective.

My figure as well

The agent is not getting paid his chunk till he is signed and logically would want 8 years

I wouldn’t trust Swayman to not dump me lol

The agent would be wise to get this done asap before Monday late afternoon

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
I feel a lot better evaluating playoff expectations in a world of actual results, as opposed to a world of 6 RS not played over 6.5 months.
If you can't trust him over the regular season, you shouldn't trust him for the PO's. But, you do you, but you seem to be in the minority with your take. I can live with that.

I love the player, have since Maine. He'll most likely be worth 10-12 in 3-4 years, but that still is an assumption. The fact that he did go into a slump post AS Game for 6 weeks, shows it can happen. We had Linus to bail him out and get his game together down the stretch. It was during that time that he got "Michigan'd over the shortside stickside. Same side he let his worst go of the PO in, which just happened to end Boston's season.
It is not impossible that the more the league sees him, the more they figure him out. That's why goalies are great for 2 or 3 year and then slowly make their way back to the AHL or overseas.
Do I expect it?, no, not really, but an 8 year, top dollar contract, leaves a team no escape hatch in the event it happens.

Reactions: Bodit9 and BMC

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I swear on Jack Hughes cute little head I have Judy Collins ‘Both Sides Now’ playing in background

I can see both sides although I wish Cam took his shoe off banged it and thrown it at someone so @LSCII could understand the true meaning of a hissy fit
Listen to the Fred Hersh version. Brings me to tears.

Reactions: DKH

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta

Yup. I agree. No offer sheets
8 million for playing goal.
250,000.00 to buy a load of Kleenex to dam up his tears from all the crying and bitching.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Ok now do their career numbers.

Otherwise we can do:
Elias Lindholm- 15g, 29a, 44 pts just signed for 7.75m x 7 years
Tommy Novak- 18, 27, 45.... just signed for 3.5m

#BlameDonny
or

2023-24
Laurent Brossoit -
.927 2.00 3 shut outs
3mil per for 2 years

Swayman
.916 2.33 3 shutouts
9mil per for 8 years to pay off UMaine text books

BTW I like Novak as a player

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
or

2023-24
Laurent Brossoit -
.927 2.00 3 shut outs
3mil per for 2 years

Swayman
.916 2.33 3 shutouts
9mil per for 8 years to pay off UMaine text books

BTW I like Novak as a player

People talk about Swayman not playing enough while you bring up backup after back up. Love this place.

The absolute peak irony is this is less an indictment of Swayman, but a indictment of Korpisalo

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
That Lindholm signing is a freakn disgrace, maybe that justifies Swaymans ask .
There lies the difference in how positions have been qualified. Goaltenders historically are not going to get paid what a forward with reasonable stats would make. Fair or not it is the history of positional contract levels.
Swayman wants to change that with a 3 season sample size. We could be talking about either Lindholm contract actually.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
People talk about Swayman not playing enough while you bring up backup after back up. Love this place.

The absolute peak irony is this is less an indictment of Swayman, but a indictment of Korpisalo
I mean we're talking about guys who haven't been full time goalies, right?

But sure let's do Korpisalo
2022-23
.915 2.87
he's horrid at 3 mil

Swayman
2023-24
.916 2.53
he's a steal at shy of 9 mil

all in fun

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH

2022-23
.915 2.87
he's horrid at 3 mil

Swayman
2023-24
.916 2.53

all in fun
old news, low hanging fruit that's been discussed at length since the trade happened
All you folks that want to pay >7.5 can pay higher ticket prices, they stay the same for the rest of us:thumbu::naughty:

Reactions: Bodit9

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

2022-23
.915 2.87
he's horrid at 3 mil

Swayman
2023-24
.916 2.53

all in fun

Ooo ooo. do 2023-2024 Korpisalo! Or are we going to continue being obtuse?

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
So if it's true the Bruins went to 8 and Swayman is at 8.7-8.8 the Bruins should just pay the loudmouth president tax, go to 8.5 and get it done by Monday afternoon.

This is finally ending peeps, shame on both if it doesn't happen.
I haven't agreed with really any of your takes so far but I'd probably do 8.5 if that gets it done before Monday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad