Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman: VII - As featured in Episode 3 of Amazon's "FACEOFF: Inside the NHL

How does this saga end?

• Bridge deal

Votes: 56 20.6%
  • Long term deal

Votes: 76 27.9%
  • Trade

Votes: 140 51.5%

• Total voters

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
One could make the argument that we're beating a dead horse here.

So be it. Discuss, if you so choose. We'll keep all the Swayman talk contained to this thread.

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the conversation, move along.

We will not have this devolve into thread hijacking and flaming of other posters.

@Gee Wally

We have numerous deletions and more in here. We know tension and emotions are high.
But you folks must simply stop taking personal shots at each. Stay to topic.

If not we will be left with no choice other than adding thread bans.

Last edited:

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

Ahh yes the overly one sided and ignorant view of mine where I am blaming both sides for leaking info and being clowns

I still think they should make Neely and Swayman hold a press conference for the signing. Just parade the two clowns of the situation out in front of everyone so we can laugh at the awkwardness

Because the bruins are also leaking info too

See I call out both sides of the table. But the “organization does no wrong” crowd only picks at the portion of the comments regarding the organization so that’s where a discussion ensues.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
You just don't get it, the question remains can he be the guy and carry the load with no fall back like Ullmark when it gets tough. From what I, see his mental toughness maybe should be questioned with they he folds up in a fetal position because someone was mean to him, what is going to be like when he has a rough patch, and now you know the fans are going to let him hear it after all this bullshit.

Awesome, nice work......But you do know what the comeback will be, Ullmark is 5 years older.
Funny he had the best playoff round since Rask in 2013. Big time fetal position. Why don’t you try to make actual points instead of your hard guy “fetal position” baby stuff

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
If the Bruins want to pay him 64 mil that's their business.
Personally I don't think he's proven or earned the right to be paid 8 x 8.
Other fan bases might think this is just Boston's problem, but if Boston exceeds their already massive and extremely generous offer this problem will soon become other team's problem as well.
What Swayman's camp is doing has the potential to ruin this young man's career and reputation if he does not sign a contract.

A quick note to Mr. Swayman (or family/friends of his who will have him read this) ...

I'm going to root for the Bruins whether you are a part of the team or not .
I am a fan of you because you are a Bruin.
I am a fan of you playing goal.
I wanted you in goal for the playoffs last spring.
You have shown to have great potential going forward.
Don't throw your career away by being stubborn.
Many of your fans will never know or come close to earning the money you have already earned in your career.
You are alienating much of your fan base.
Many feel you are being unreasonable, greedy, entitled, and overly stubborn.
Additionally, many feel you are hurting the success of the overall team by being selfish and not a team player; it's how they feel, rightfully or not.

Listen carefully...
I'm a grumpy old school constitutional conservative caucasian Christian male who has had to scratch and claw for everything he's received in life. Yeah, that's where i'm coming from. I don't expect anything from others or that they owe me anything. I am thankful and grateful for everything I have earned in life or have graciously received from the generousity of others. I'll be damned if I would just give some young, possibly naive and mislead, Potentially promising goalie such a potentially career Damaging massive contract without him first Proving his Maturity to handle it's responsibilities by Demonstrating his Ability through ascending and Sustaining league dominance in his chosen position over Several seasons. I would be at fault for nurturing such dependence and enabling pretentious conceit.

Maybe, if you were the loan star on this team keeping everyone else afloat there would be mutual recognition with management. You win and lose as a team, not an individual. Your success is directly proportionate to the team in front of you, with out them you wouldn't be where you are today ... standing at the threshold of stardom.

I'm not saying this is your intention, but you are showing signs of entitlement, by demanding something you haven't yet earned, which is a crutch for the emotionally fragile self indulged child who thinks the world owes him a handout. Establish your worth by having the Balls to go out and earn it. Maybe you've done it once, but in sports it's always about - can you do it again. Put doubters to shame and earn the respect of your peers over time. Because it's a dog eat dog world and you'll become my puppy's milkbone and he'll chew you up and spit you out otherwise. The world is a very mean and competitive place and there is always going to be someone who thinks they are better then you and is going to want to take away what you have. Be grateful for where you find yourself today.

No disrespect but, you're being a dumbass. Do you really want to be going into the season without a contract and have your value drop? It will be like starting all over and having to prove yourself again if you do. Who knows how long it will take, or if you even get the chance. Sign the damn contract and go out and redeem yourself in the eyes of the paying public before it too late.

Do I sound pissed? I am. Boys should be raised to be men. Men of leadership, self-reliant, of truthfulness and integrity. Men of family, faith, and counrty. Not whining pouting little b****es with their hands stretched out demanding others give them things they haven't earned. Such as, to be paid like a 10 year veteran with a Cup and Vezina or two, when they haven't even put in the time and effort.

8x8 is already an overpayment, I hope you realize that. It would be one thing if Bruins management offered you that amount uncoerced. But still they have offered it to you, maybe not in the way you would have liked, but they have offered. And, do you still want more? It's not a very good look.
Do the right thing, be a man. Accept and sign the damn contract.

If you haven't accepted by the start of the season, I hope they let you sit. And if i were you i wouldn't expect any new contract to be anywhere close to what was offered, expect it to be less, much less. At least being the grumpy old bustard I am that's what I would want them to do. But I am just one fan of the team and as it stands now, you are losing your fan base.

This is satire right?

• Haha
Reactions: LSCII

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Ahh yes the overly one sided and ignorant view of mine where I am blaming both sides for leaking info and being clowns

See I call out both sides of the table. But the “organization does no wrong” crowd only picks at the portion of the comments regarding the organization so that’s where a discussion ensues.
Gold star for quoting yourself in defense of calling out double standards

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
One of my recent takeaways from this situation is how the media views a holdout in the pre-cap/cap eras.
In the free market pre-cap, the Bruins would be getting roasted for "being cheap" and now the player is for being "expensive."
Funny thing is, the Bruins were cheap and now the player is expensive.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Just like Chiclets who make things up all the time I guess. I mean Whitney even walked back the 3 weeks comments

I wish I could have that much unconditional love towards anything in this world like that poster to the front office.

Many despise the Sox FO, doenst mean fans want to overpay for unproven players

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
IMG_0630.gif

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
maybe they should've thought of that before giving 7m to Lindholm, 5m to Zadorov and taking back Korpisalo's 3m in the Ullmark deal

Fair.

The need for a FA #1 center (as close as they were going to get, anyway) was, given the situation and alternatives, the best Sweeney could do. Term if not salary was the price management felt it had to pay.

At 29, Buffalo's 16th overall selection in the 2013 draft and now skating with his sixth NHL club, Nikita Zadorov has his well documented warts.

Still, at 6'6" he remains one the league's most feared players.

Paired with Charlie McAvoy on the #1 defensive unit, it is safe to say the days of running McAvoy on a nightly basis with impunity are over,

Hockey minds much (much) greater than mine, such as Steve Conroy and Mick Colageo, also attest to Zadorov's ability to retrieve the puck along the defensive zone boards and transition it cleanly. Some even suggest Nikita can chip in offensively on occasion.

Perhaps he is not the third line slug some here believe.

*In general,* given the obvious need for an upgrade at center and an addition of size, truculence and intimidation on the back end, I am pleased with the acquisitions.

We'll see.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Since neither of those things were true , do the math.

Genuine question. Where do you think that the “deal is going to be done within 24 hours” rumor from 2-3 weeks ago came from.

The one where Ty anderson, WEEI, dom, and multiple other sources said was coming.

Do you think all those peoples sources just made that up and started spreading it?

Or do you think an internal bruins source thought they had a deal done and started leaking too early to pressure swayman into signing.

Just saying Swaymans camp is 100% leaking to the media, but at the same time the bruins are too.

• Haha
Reactions: bruinsfan1968

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Genuine question. Where do you think that the “deal is going to be done within 24 hours” rumor from 2-3 weeks ago came from.

The one where Ty anderson, WEEI, dom, and multiple other sources said was coming.

Do you think all those peoples sources just made that up and started spreading it?

Or do you think an internal bruins source thought they had a deal done and started leaking too early to pressure swayman into signing.

Just saying Swaymans camp is 100% leaking to the media, but at the same time the bruins are too.
BS + BS = Speculation

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
If the Bruins want to pay him 64 mil that's their business.
Personally I don't think he's proven or earned the right to be paid 8 x 8.
Other fan bases might think this is just Boston's problem, but if Boston exceeds their already massive and extremely generous offer this problem will soon become other team's problem as well.
What Swayman's camp is doing has the potential to ruin this young man's career and reputation if he does not sign a contract.

A quick note to Mr. Swayman (or family/friends of his who will have him read this) ...

I'm going to root for the Bruins whether you are a part of the team or not .
I am a fan of you because you are a Bruin.
I am a fan of you playing goal.
I wanted you in goal for the playoffs last spring.
You have shown to have great potential going forward.
Don't throw your career away by being stubborn.
Many of your fans will never know or come close to earning the money you have already earned in your career.
You are alienating much of your fan base.
Many feel you are being unreasonable, greedy, entitled, and overly stubborn.
Additionally, many feel you are hurting the success of the overall team by being selfish and not a team player; it's how they feel, rightfully or not.

Listen carefully...
I'm a grumpy old school constitutional conservative caucasian Christian male who has had to scratch and claw for everything he's received in life. Yeah, that's where i'm coming from. I don't expect anything from others or that they owe me anything. I am thankful and grateful for everything I have earned in life or have graciously received from the generousity of others. I'll be damned if I would just give some young, possibly naive and mislead, Potentially promising goalie such a potentially career Damaging massive contract without him first Proving his Maturity to handle it's responsibilities by Demonstrating his Ability through ascending and Sustaining league dominance in his chosen position over Several seasons. I would be at fault for nurturing such dependence and enabling pretentious conceit.

Maybe, if you were the loan star on this team keeping everyone else afloat there would be mutual recognition with management. You win and lose as a team, not an individual. Your success is directly proportionate to the team in front of you, with out them you wouldn't be where you are today ... standing at the threshold of stardom.

I'm not saying this is your intention, but you are showing signs of entitlement, by demanding something you haven't yet earned, which is a crutch for the emotionally fragile self indulged child who thinks the world owes him a handout. Establish your worth by having the Balls to go out and earn it. Maybe you've done it once, but in sports it's always about - can you do it again. Put doubters to shame and earn the respect of your peers over time. Because it's a dog eat dog world and you'll become my puppy's milkbone and he'll chew you up and spit you out otherwise. The world is a very mean and competitive place and there is always going to be someone who thinks they are better then you and is going to want to take away what you have. Be grateful for where you find yourself today.

No disrespect but, you're being a dumbass. Do you really want to be going into the season without a contract and have your value drop? It will be like starting all over and having to prove yourself again if you do. Who knows how long it will take, or if you even get the chance. Sign the damn contract and go out and redeem yourself in the eyes of the paying public before it too late.

Do I sound pissed? I am. Boys should be raised to be men. Men of leadership, self-reliant, of truthfulness and integrity. Men of family, faith, and counrty. Not whining pouting little b****es with their hands stretched out demanding others give them things they haven't earned. Such as, to be paid like a 10 year veteran with a Cup and Vezina or two, when they haven't even put in the time and effort.

8x8 is already an overpayment, I hope you realize that. It would be one thing if Bruins management offered you that amount uncoerced. But still they have offered it to you, maybe not in the way you would have liked, but they have offered. And, do you still want more? It's not a very good look.
Do the right thing, be a man. Accept and sign the damn contract.

If you haven't accepted by the start of the season, I hope they let you sit. And if i were you i wouldn't expect any new contract to be anywhere close to what was offered, expect it to be less, much less. At least being the grumpy old bustard I am that's what I would want them to do. But I am just one fan of the team and as it stands now, you are losing your fan base.
I’m having a hard time understanding what your c alliteration has to do with Swayman asking for 8/8 or more.

Are you saying that Swayman hasn’t worked hard to get to where he is? You seem to think that he’s asking for more than what he’s earned. However, an 8 year deal should take into account what he’s already done, but also his potential and what he’s likely to do in the future…when the cap and salaries rise. I’m not sure you are grasping that part of the equation?

He would definitely be overpaid at $8m the first 2-3 years of the deal, but if he is what most people think he is, he will be underpaid for the last 3-4. I’m not a fan of Gross, but he’s doing what he thinks is best for his client. Both sides have really botched this imo. It shouldn’t be that hard to find middle ground when the player wants to be here and the club wants the player here.

Just get it done.

Signed,

A trying not to be grumpy, Caucasian, slightly to the left moderate male (lol).

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Surprising to me as I am as anti Sweeney as it gets but if this is true then point taken. Thought more fans supported the player in this, all along.
Initially I think Swayman had a lot of support but that was when he'd said he wanted to be a Bruin and we were discussing if they weren't willing to offer 7 +

After that 10 million number was floated (right or wrong) people went wtf? and now that we see him not taking 8x8 he has lost all favor I think. 8x8 is freaking generous and at this point I don't even want them to give him that. It's too much. Especially with his attitude. I don't even trust him any more. He could sign 8x8 and float his way to a buy out as he clearly doesn't seem to care about being a Bruin at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad