Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman: VII - As featured in Episode 3 of Amazon's "FACEOFF: Inside the NHL

How does this saga end?

• Bridge deal

Votes: 56 20.7%
  • Long term deal

Votes: 75 27.7%
  • Trade

Votes: 140 51.7%

• Total voters

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
One could make the argument that we're beating a dead horse here.

So be it. Discuss, if you so choose. We'll keep all the Swayman talk contained to this thread.

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the conversation, move along.

We will not have this devolve into thread hijacking and flaming of other posters.

@Gee Wally

We have numerous deletions and more in here. We know tension and emotions are high.
But you folks must simply stop taking personal shots at each. Stay to topic.

If not we will be left with no choice other than adding thread bans.

Last edited:

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Not directly but I would bet when we track down WEEIs, Ty’s, dons and whoever your source is it all originated from someone on the bruins staff through some path to pressure swayman into signing.
IMG_4104.gif

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Rich Keefe leaked it to himself. Like he always does.
Just like Chiclets who make things up all the time I guess. I mean Whitney even walked back the 3 weeks comments

I know you live in the world where the organization can do no wrong and only one side is leaking info.

Ignorance is bliss.
I wish I could have that much unconditional love towards anything in this world like that poster to the front office.

BradPark22

Nov 8, 2017
The best route for the Bruins is to sign him for 4 years IMO.
In 4 years , we should have another good prospect ready to play.
Give him up to 8.5M a year and call it a day.
If he turns out to be a legit top 5 goalie after 5 years, then pay him the going rate or let him walk.

A 4 year bridge deal would certainly be lower than $8.5 AAV

Reactions: Over the volcano

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
This is so foolish.

Sway said he loves it here.

Bs want to sign him.

Fans do/did love him

Get this done. It is getting OLD.

First preference for everyone should be to have the best talent here on the team as long as it's a reasonable price. Swayman might be a primadonna but I don't think a trade would return anyone better.

Last edited:

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I wish I could have that much unconditional love towards anything in this world like that poster to the front office.

However me suggesting both sides are leaking info to the media results in posts about “how far gone” I am.

What a world

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
HOW IS THIS A GOOD THING IF THEY WANT HIM ON THE TEAM!?!???
He wins Vezina

Fueled by anger

He’s going to be like Ted Williams

Beloved, then things went bad, no more hugs - he wins a game he now blows by line into locker room

Ladyfan probably only one who can get him to smile after this

I think ends well

Darkest before dawn or something like that ….Bucky of Harvey Dent said

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
However me suggesting both sides are leaking info to the media results in posts about “how far gone” I am.

What a world
For shame Rico!

Remember when they go into the season without Ullmark and Swayman it’s all Jeremy’s fault. RFA has no urgency w this group. They always sign! Except when they don’t

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Bruins started here no? Negotiating through the media?

It started when Swayman went to the media directly several times last year, to complain how tough arbitration was on him. I also don't think Keefe is the type of media guy they would pick to be their mouthpiece to negotiate thru the media. If you've ever listened to this guy ( don't, if you haven't yet ) you'll see why.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Jeremy Swayman since getting his shot in 2021-22 (100 games played min)

In the NHL

16th in wins
6th in sv pt
4th in gaa

You guys are out to lunch
You just don't get it, the question remains can he be the guy and carry the load with no fall back like Ullmark when it gets tough. From what I, see his mental toughness maybe should be questioned with they he folds up in a fetal position because someone was mean to him, what is going to be like when he has a rough patch, and now you know the fans are going to let him hear it after all this bullshit.

What do you think Ullmark is worth then?

He's 8th, 1st and 2nd in those categories over the same time.
Awesome, nice work......But you do know what the comeback will be, Ullmark is 5 years older.

Reactions: PB37

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
If the Bruins want to pay him 64 mil that's their business.
Personally I don't think he's proven or earned the right to be paid 8 x 8.
Other fan bases might think this is just Boston's problem, but if Boston exceeds their already massive and extremely generous offer this problem will soon become other team's problem as well.
What Swayman's camp is doing has the potential to ruin this young man's career and reputation if he does not sign a contract.

A quick note to Mr. Swayman (or family/friends of his who will have him read this) ...

I'm going to root for the Bruins whether you are a part of the team or not .
I am a fan of you because you are a Bruin.
I am a fan of you playing goal.
I wanted you in goal for the playoffs last spring.
You have shown to have great potential going forward.
Don't throw your career away by being stubborn.
Many of your fans will never know or come close to earning the money you have already earned in your career.
You are alienating much of your fan base.
Many feel you are being unreasonable, greedy, entitled, and overly stubborn.
Additionally, many feel you are hurting the success of the overall team by being selfish and not a team player; it's how they feel, rightfully or not.

Listen carefully...
I'm a grumpy old school constitutional conservative caucasian Christian male who has had to scratch and claw for everything he's received in life. Yeah, that's where i'm coming from. I don't expect anything from others or that they owe me anything. I am thankful and grateful for everything I have earned in life or have graciously received from the generousity of others. I'll be damned if I would just give some young, possibly naive and mislead, Potentially promising goalie such a potentially career Damaging massive contract without him first Proving his Maturity to handle it's responsibilities by Demonstrating his Ability through ascending and Sustaining league dominance in his chosen position over Several seasons. I would be at fault for nurturing such dependence and enabling pretentious conceit.

Maybe, if you were the loan star on this team keeping everyone else afloat there would be mutual recognition with management. You win and lose as a team, not an individual. Your success is directly proportionate to the team in front of you, with out them you wouldn't be where you are today ... standing at the threshold of stardom.

I'm not saying this is your intention, but you are showing signs of entitlement, by demanding something you haven't yet earned, which is a crutch for the emotionally fragile self indulged child who thinks the world owes him a handout. Establish your worth by having the Balls to go out and earn it. Maybe you've done it once, but in sports it's always about - can you do it again. Put doubters to shame and earn the respect of your peers over time. Because it's a dog eat dog world and you'll become my puppy's milkbone and he'll chew you up and spit you out otherwise. The world is a very mean and competitive place and there is always going to be someone who thinks they are better then you and is going to want to take away what you have. Be grateful for where you find yourself today.

No disrespect but, you're being a dumbass. Do you really want to be going into the season without a contract and have your value drop? It will be like starting all over and having to prove yourself again if you do. Who knows how long it will take, or if you even get the chance. Sign the damn contract and go out and redeem yourself in the eyes of the paying public before it too late.

Do I sound pissed? I am. Boys should be raised to be men. Men of leadership, self-reliant, of truthfulness and integrity. Men of family, faith, and counrty. Not whining pouting little b****es with their hands stretched out demanding others give them things they haven't earned. Such as, to be paid like a 10 year veteran with a Cup and Vezina or two, when they haven't even put in the time and effort.

8x8 is already an overpayment, I hope you realize that. It would be one thing if Bruins management offered you that amount uncoerced. But still they have offered it to you, maybe not in the way you would have liked, but they have offered. And, do you still want more? It's not a very good look.
Do the right thing, be a man. Accept and sign the damn contract.

If you haven't accepted by the start of the season, I hope they let you sit. And if i were you i wouldn't expect any new contract to be anywhere close to what was offered, expect it to be less, much less. At least being the grumpy old bustard I am that's what I would want them to do. But I am just one fan of the team and as it stands now, you are losing your fan base.

aplausos-clapped.gif

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
It started when Swayman went to the media directly several times last year, to complain how tough arbitration was on him. I also don't think Keefe is the type of media guy they would pick to be their mouthpiece to negotiate thru the media. If you've ever listened to this guy ( don't, if you haven't yet ) you'll see why.
Keefe is good

He is pretty funny and I like he talks about shows as well

I can only take so much Patriots QB talk

Personally I think they strategically gave him info to not get involved with any regular writers, the somewhat absurdity, and good for his show - he doesn’t give a crap if people think it’s BS. He has fun and runs with it

We are likely getting only tip of iceberg in all this

Should be over soon, Sway atleast needs to go outside and start car make sure runs

Team Sway

35-10-5

.930 SV %

Vezina

Let’s go 8/66

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Swayman has potential. Had a great playoffs last season. 8x8 is probably overpayment for the first 3-4 years of that contract, if he plays like he did in the playoffs it’s a team friendly deal years 4-8. Now that 64m is “officially” on the table I can’t see why this doesn’t get done. Unless of course player & agent holding out for more.

This team is a Cup contender with Swayman between the pipes. They added Lindholm, they added physicality, sign the contract and drop the effing puck already

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad