Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman: VII - As featured in Episode 3 of Amazon's "FACEOFF: Inside the NHL

How does this saga end?

• Bridge deal

Votes: 55 20.4%
  • Long term deal

Votes: 74 27.5%
  • Trade

Votes: 140 52.0%

• Total voters

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
One could make the argument that we're beating a dead horse here.

So be it. Discuss, if you so choose. We'll keep all the Swayman talk contained to this thread.

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the conversation, move along.

We will not have this devolve into thread hijacking and flaming of other posters.

@Gee Wally

We have numerous deletions and more in here. We know tension and emotions are high.
But you folks must simply stop taking personal shots at each. Stay to topic.

If not we will be left with no choice other than adding thread bans.

Last edited:

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Did they really? And Spittin Chicklets got their information from whom?

Bruins spoke for themselves.
Sways camp had Spittin Chicklets do their bidding.

Then the hypocrite had the balls to go on social media and say he doesn't negotiate through the media.
Yes
Gross I would imagine
Trying to humiliate your star goaltender you want to lock up..yeah thats good
Well that came out after the 10mil Swayman ask rumor
Classic heel move, douchey agent handbook 101

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Can anyone explain why the Bruin chose not to take the arbitration award for two years and instead took one? I don't understand why that wouldn't mean anything to Swayman that the Bruins could have had him this year for 3 4 million but instead chose to negotiate a new deal for him and pay him.
They wanted to show some good fate.

They did it again when they traded Ullmark and handed the reigns to Sway.

They did it again when the passed on going to arbitration again this year.

That's a lot of good fate.

Where's Sway's good faith. He took the Bruins to arbitration and hasn't stopped crying about it since.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008

Then the hypocrite had the balls to go on social media and say he doesn't negotiate through the media.

Right?

Where did Friedman get his info? I seem to remember when Friedman released that “the Bruins and Jermey Swayman are far part in money and term” that many of us here speculated that it was Gross throwing shit out there to try and create the threat of an offer sheet. That’s the initial salvo I remember. Then came he’s looking for 10m+ from Keefe. Then Spittin Chiclets. Then Sweeney/Neely. Then Gross tweet.

Not entirely sure when it started. But I know it need to end.

Reactions: PB37

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Can anyone explain why the Bruin chose not to take the arbitration award for two years and instead took one? I don't understand why that wouldn't mean anything to Swayman that the Bruins could have had him this year for 3 4 million but instead chose to negotiate a new deal for him and pay him.
They didn't want to piss him off and have that expire with only one year left where he surely would have filed again and left in the summer of '26

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Imagine if Kessel told the media he wrote down every mean thing Clode ever said about him and he put a checkmark after good in the playoffs after they beat Montreal. The meme would still be alive today. This is the dumbest negotiation I’ve ever seen.

Players invent sleights to motivate themselves

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

So who leaked the $10 mil to rich keefe in august and who leaked that a deal was done to WEEI in early/mind September?

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Wow so now these radio clowns are funny and insightful?

Only one guy has lied in public so far though, so guessing it's Gross' move to top that
truths, lies, grey area ...does it really matter? It's a more than reasonable amount of money ...sign the damn contract before he torpedoes himself completely out of Boston

Reactions: PlayMakers

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
ie: they agree with your opinion.
Burn book, mean girls… I mean cmon that was a great take.

Swayman is mentally soft. I hold absolutely nothing against an athlete for chasing his number, it’s his right. But the whining & the burn book “I actually just looked at it the other day” it’s a terrible look.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Murray's parody songs were pretty funny. This really turned bad fast. We need to somehow get another scorer out of this. We need more offense.
Neil Young, Arbitration Breakdown, etc very creative and funny

Friday afternoon in the Fall, lot of traffic, number one rated show~ I feel bad for him. Just young and probably naive. Dont remember any other athlete getting hammered like this.

Reactions: Ladyfan

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
So, who does Utah have that can help us this year that Sweeney is capable of getting? I like Shane Doan's kid but they have to get more than that, ideally someone that could help right now.
There is another way. You can flip him for picks and prospects and then you can flip those picks and/or prospects later in the year or at the deadline for what you need.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
If you think Rich Keefe and Courtney Cox are where the Bruins would leak info you’re further gone than I thought.

Not directly but I would bet when we track down WEEIs, Ty’s, dons and whoever your source is it all originated from someone on the bruins staff through some path to pressure swayman into signing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad