Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman: VII - As featured in Episode 3 of Amazon's "FACEOFF: Inside the NHL

How does this saga end?

• Bridge deal

Votes: 54 20.3%
  • Long term deal

Votes: 73 27.4%
  • Trade

Votes: 139 52.3%

• Total voters

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
One could make the argument that we're beating a dead horse here.

So be it. Discuss, if you so choose. We'll keep all the Swayman talk contained to this thread.

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the conversation, move along.

We will not have this devolve into thread hijacking and flaming of other posters.

@Gee Wally

We have numerous deletions and more in here. We know tension and emotions are high.
But you folks must simply stop taking personal shots at each. Stay to topic.

If not we will be left with no choice other than adding thread bans.

Last edited:

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Well said
Swayman has read to many of these posts on HOF, from the fanboy posters, he has the ability to be a top goalie in this league, but the longer this goes on, the more I realize this kids ego has gotten out of hand. The fans unintentionally built this kid up so much that he and his agent felt they had public support on their side thinking they had management over a barrel. I suggest this kid whethe he stays in Boston or moves on he needs to reassess what he has accomplished. What he has accomplished is that he has shown that he could be a very good goaltender in this league, but paying this kid is still a big gamble with his limited resume. there is a reason for a salary cap so crazy unearned contracts are just thrown around and be paying players who busts, will Sway be a bust doubt it, but he should prove a little more that he is the real deal, sorry small sample sizes do not do it for me with the kind of cotract he wants.
Well Said

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Yeah you definitely face palmed those signings I remember!

Swayman situation is so weird. If he’s signed it will be a fun zero to hero story but let’s be honest if he signs but is the backup opening night at the Garden I bet he’s booed when announced.

I can’t believe it’s come this far and he won’t do 8x8.
especially Maroon.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
If the Bruins want to pay him 64 mil that's their business.
Personally I don't think he's proven or earned the right to be paid 8 x 8.
Other fan bases might think this is just Boston's problem, but if Boston exceeds their already massive and extremely generous offer this problem will soon become other team's problem as well.
What Swayman's camp is doing has the potential to ruin this young man's career and reputation if he does not sign a contract.

A quick note to Mr. Swayman (or family/friends of his who will have him read this) ...

I'm going to root for the Bruins whether you are a part of the team or not .
I am a fan of you because you are a Bruin.
I am a fan of you playing goal.
I wanted you in goal for the playoffs last spring.
You have shown to have great potential going forward.
Don't throw your career away by being stubborn.
Many of your fans will never know or come close to earning the money you have already earned in your career.
You are alienating much of your fan base.
Many feel you are being unreasonable, greedy, entitled, and overly stubborn.
Additionally, many feel you are hurting the success of the overall team by being selfish and not a team player; it's how they feel, rightfully or not.

Listen carefully...
I'm a grumpy old school constitutional conservative caucasian Christian male who has had to scratch and claw for everything he's received in life. Yeah, that's where i'm coming from. I don't expect anything from others or that they owe me anything. I am thankful and grateful for everything I have earned in life or have graciously received from the generousity of others. I'll be damned if I would just give some young, possibly naive and mislead, Potentially promising goalie such a potentially career Damaging massive contract without him first Proving his Maturity to handle it's responsibilities by Demonstrating his Ability through ascending and Sustaining league dominance in his chosen position over Several seasons. I would be at fault for nurturing such dependence and enabling pretentious conceit.

Maybe, if you were the loan star on this team keeping everyone else afloat there would be mutual recognition with management. You win and lose as a team, not an individual. Your success is directly proportionate to the team in front of you, with out them you wouldn't be where you are today ... standing at the threshold of stardom.

I'm not saying this is your intention, but you are showing signs of entitlement, by demanding something you haven't yet earned, which is a crutch for the emotionally fragile self indulged child who thinks the world owes him a handout. Establish your worth by having the Balls to go out and earn it. Maybe you've done it once, but in sports it's always about - can you do it again. Put doubters to shame and earn the respect of your peers over time. Because it's a dog eat dog world and you'll become my puppy's milkbone and he'll chew you up and spit you out otherwise. The world is a very mean and competitive place and there is always going to be someone who thinks they are better then you and is going to want to take away what you have. Be grateful for where you find yourself today.

No disrespect but, you're being a dumbass. Do you really want to be going into the season without a contract and have your value drop? It will be like starting all over and having to prove yourself again if you do. Who knows how long it will take, or if you even get the chance. Sign the damn contract and go out and redeem yourself in the eyes of the paying public before it too late.

Do I sound pissed? I am. Boys should be raised to be men. Men of leadership, self-reliant, of truthfulness and integrity. Men of family, faith, and counrty. Not whining pouting little b****es with their hands stretched out demanding others give them things they haven't earned. Such as, to be paid like a 10 year veteran with a Cup and Vezina or two, when they haven't even put in the time and effort.

8x8 is already an overpayment, I hope you realize that. It would be one thing if Bruins management offered you that amount uncoerced. But still they have offered it to you, maybe not in the way you would have liked, but they have offered. And, do you still want more? It's not a very good look.
Do the right thing, be a man. Accept and sign the damn contract.

If you haven't accepted by the start of the season, I hope they let you sit. And if i were you i wouldn't expect any new contract to be anywhere close to what was offered, expect it to be less, much less. At least being the grumpy old bustard I am that's what I would want them to do. But I am just one fan of the team and as it stands now, you are losing your fan base.

Last edited:

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Yeesh. Gonna be hard for him to stay in Boston 😬😬
At least we know he's got a thick skin and this kind of stuff won't bother him.

He should sign for 7.75 / 8 years - still more than he's earned at this point IMO but he could ride it out like he gave the team a hometown discount. Fans would adore him no matter what.

If he comes in north of 8 it's going to be #rasksfault on steroids for the rest of his time in Boston.

Last edited:

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
You are unsurprisingly missing the overall point that public sentiment has turned totally against Swayman.
Yeah and his first good game nobody will care. People are making him out to be a Mitchell Miller or Milan Lucic FFS.... It's a contract negotiation for crying out loud. Bruins fans are this soft now because a player dares hold out for what he thinks is right and take it as a crime vs humanity. It will play out and he will sign and we can all root him on together.

I've never seen anyone defend the "honor" of an agent this far
Don't care about the agent, care about the player. Let the agent play his agent games and the buffoon president play his.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Jeremy Swayman since getting his shot in 2021-22 (100 games played min)

In the NHL

16th in wins
6th in sv pt
4th in gaa

You guys are out to lunch

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

Ad

Upcoming events