Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman: VII - As featured in Episode 3 of Amazon's "FACEOFF: Inside the NHL

How does this saga end?

• Bridge deal

Votes: 54 20.5%
  • Long term deal

Votes: 73 27.7%
  • Trade

Votes: 137 51.9%

• Total voters

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
One could make the argument that we're beating a dead horse here.

So be it. Discuss, if you so choose. We'll keep all the Swayman talk contained to this thread.

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the conversation, move along.

We will not have this devolve into thread hijacking and flaming of other posters.

@Gee Wally

We have numerous deletions and more in here. We know tension and emotions are high.
But you folks must simply stop taking personal shots at each. Stay to topic.

If not we will be left with no choice other than adding thread bans.

Last edited:

StonedZboril

Jul 8, 2022
I mean a big reason Swayman is being extremely selfish beyond not being prepared for the beginning of the season is if he really got the money his agent is demanding we might have to make a trade to clear cap space and we’d be over the barrel in trade negotiations. Plus it could cause us to have ostensibly no cap space at the deadline to try to improve a potential cup contending team. I agree Swayman should get his money, but within reason. Don’t f*** over your own team’s ability to compete at the highest level. Also Monty set the expectation he would be a leader going into this year. Pretty hard to do that if you’re sitting out for weeks or months. 8 x 8 would make him the fourth highest paid active goalie and it would be one of the biggest contracts given to a goalie ever.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Posted in the wrong thread so moving here (whoops!)-

Ty Anderson made a valid point in his pod yesterday furthering the narrative of Gross leveraging the media throughout negotiations.

Bruins' conference happens. Neely explodes and *hints* at 64 mil. Not even 24 hours later, out of the woodwork comes Frank Seravalli with the exact number 62.4 to follow Gross' comments.

Its honestly kind of comical.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I think many people here are taking this entirely too personally. Swayman and Gross have what they believe to be a valid ask and haven't had a reason to move off of it. They believe Bruins management is going to cave, and are willing to sacrifice some paychecks under that belief. It's a strategy that's worked for Gross with others, and considering previous players have not fired Gross for these types of negotiations, they clearly don't have a problem with them.
They can also trade him to Utah or Columbus. Maybe he wants this. But he has risk
and right now he’s in the witnsss protection program by his own choosing

sounds fun

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

Ty Anderson made a valid point in his pod yesterday furthering the narrative of Gross leveraging the media throughout negotiations.

Bruins' conference happens. Neely explodes and *hints* at 64 mil. Not even 24 hours later, out of the woodwork comes Frank Seravalli with the exact number 62.4 to follow Gross' comments.

Very clear the sports media will bend over backwards for it's "sources" to keep the sources flocking.

Does not help the Bruins who do not seem to be the source ever but as long as fans can see through the agenda it should have no impact on this negotiation.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I mean a big reason Swayman is being extremely selfish beyond not being prepared for the beginning of the season is if he really got the money his agent is demanding we might have to make a trade to clear cap space and we’d be over the barrel in trade negotiations. Plus it could cause us to have ostensibly no cap space at the deadline to try to improve a potential cup contending team. I agree Swayman should get his money, but within reason. Don’t f*** over your own team’s ability to compete at the highest level. Also Monty set the expectation he would be a leader going into this year. Pretty hard to do that if you’re sitting out for weeks or months. 8 x 8 would make him the fourth highest paid active goalie and it would be one of the biggest contracts given to a goalie ever.
Think more often than not if you don't tow the company line and become dissident they'll replace you. Must take the short term hit but creating a negative work environment they won't want

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

Yeah, how dare he *checks notes* refute a claim made in a press conference by management against himself and his client

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022

here is a big issue for me. Gross would not have come out with anything or "leaked" anything if Neely kept his mouth shut. At what point do people here put some blame where it should do? the brass is obviously frustrated with Don yelling at poor Ty and then Neely spouting off. Do you not expect an agent to protect his client after something like that?

Reactions: BigBadBruins7708

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
At first? Nope. By the end, most reasonable folks come around and figure it out eventually. For example, I was calling for Bill Belichick to get fired after he torpedoed their Super Bowl vs the eagles out of spite. Most people disagreed but by last year, it was obvious to even them that he was the issue.

This will be the same. Sway will go on to be a very good to possibly great goalie in this league whether it’s here or elsewhere and Cam/Sweeney will get fired and when that happens people will acknowledge how bad those two clowns are.

And I’m fine waiting for those folks to catch up. :naughty:
Can you give us a year?

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
here is a big issue for me. Gross would not have come out with anything or "leaked" anything if Neely kept his mouth shut. At what point do people here put some blame where it should do? the brass is obviously frustrated with Don yelling at poor Ty and then Neely spouting off. Do you not expect an agent to protect his client after something like that?
Your version of this reality is pretty bizarre.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
At first? Nope. By the end, most reasonable folks come around and figure it out eventually. For example, I was calling for Bill Belichick to get fired after he torpedoed their Super Bowl vs the eagles out of spite. Most people disagreed but by last year, it was obvious to even them that he was the issue.

This will be the same. Sway will go on to be a very good to possibly great goalie in this league whether it’s here or elsewhere and Cam/Sweeney will get fired and when that happens people will acknowledge how bad those two clowns are.

Amazing you can't use this genius future seeing power to the stock market.

That Super Bowl win against the LA Rams sure did put a dent in your plans.

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Yes Gross certainly was never never leaking stuff to the legacy media and chiclets thru out the whole process and is just a victim here.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

Still on year 3 of waiting for everyone to catch up on the Freddy takes, I think this is the year we finally see it!

Last edited:

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

Considering the bigger sample size, this particular Agent is a questionable character and very willing to test the limits of what will earn his clients their demand.

Hard to see him as a victim.

Fingertools

May 29, 2019
Only if he has no NTC/NMC. Sorry but the Bruins are taking all the risk with a long, huge $$ contract. He needs to take some of the risk knowing that if things turn south for him, the Bruins have some sort of "out" otherwise it's all on the Bruins.
The risk Swayman takes is that over the life of 8 years, if he performs equal to higher paid goalies like Shesterkin's anticipated new deal, or much better than Sorokin or Saros he will be underpaid, and by quite a bit - both sides are at risk. That's why Swayman signing for $8M guarantees security by taking less, but the Bruins signing for $8M now could result in a bargain somewhere down the line.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Yeah, how dare he *checks notes* refute a claim made in a press conference by management against himself and his client
I wasnt talking about Gross' comments. I was talking about media *checks notes* suddenly having the supposed current offer of 62.4 just hours after the Neely comments and Gross comments.

Fingertools

May 29, 2019
I wonder if Linus Ullmark's cryptic "I look forward to the revenge tour" comment he made at last year's exit interview may also have been a bit of foreshadowing for his buddy? Makes you wonder ....

• Wow
Reactions: BMC

Ned Bouhalassa

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Montreal
FWIW, the guy at Top Shelf Hockey (YouTube) researched that in the past 10-15 years, 90% of players who went to arbitration were gone from the team two years later…

• Wow
Reactions: JCRO

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I think the most ironic part of this whole thing is the Swayman is being a bitch crew are the same ones most butthurt by Gross doing agent things to get his client his best deal.

It’s disheartening so many people are taking it out on Sway, I hope when he’s here and winning games he has your full support.
I hope so too.

However....You have to expect fans to get on him if he isn't playing well.

The year before the cup the fans were getting on Tim Thomas. I remember telling him " Don't listen to the fools". Turned out he was playing with an injury. After the Bs parade in 2011, I got a hug from Tim...I thanked him for winning the cup and he thanked me for cheering for him the year before the cup...he remembered. It was quite sweet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad