Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman: VII - As featured in Episode 3 of Amazon's "FACEOFF: Inside the NHL

How does this saga end?

• Bridge deal

Votes: 53 20.5%
  • Long term deal

Votes: 71 27.4%
  • Trade

Votes: 135 52.1%

• Total voters

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
One could make the argument that we're beating a dead horse here.

So be it. Discuss, if you so choose. We'll keep all the Swayman talk contained to this thread.

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the conversation, move along.

We will not have this devolve into thread hijacking and flaming of other posters.

@Gee Wally

We have numerous deletions and more in here. We know tension and emotions are high.
But you folks must simply stop taking personal shots at each. Stay to topic.

If not we will be left with no choice other than adding thread bans.

Last edited:

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Just listened to insider/reporter frank seravalli on Fan590 in toronto talking about Swayman for 15 minutes... he's actually in Boston right now trying to get more info on negotiations.... he states the lines of communication are still open which is good for Sway to stay ..also says Sway should accept the offer of 8x8 because he's no top 3 goalie yet.....but his opinion is Neeley's outburst likely cost the Bruins a few million and the contract will be $8.25ish x 8...just opinions

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Done - still think the roster is playoff caliber. Even with a 8million dollar hole in it.

Who knows come the deadline they could use that cash too in a big way.
Replace the two elite goalies with a career .901 / 3.06 goalie and another guy who is 26 and hasn’t played a minute of time in the NHL. I think you are looking at 10 less wins as a best case scenario.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Going to be a lot of bad backlash either way. I blame Gross and not Swayman. I doubt Swayman put out these statements and videos. Everything is a PR play by Gross. Dude lives up to his namesake.
Swayman has done is fair share of complaining, don't let him off the hook so easy.

Reactions: BMC

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Replace the two elite goalies with a career .901 / 3.06 goalie and another guy who is 26 and hasn’t played a minute of time in the NHL. I think you are looking at 10 less wins as a best case scenario.
Possible, but Ullmark wasn't elite before coming here either - and the new additions throughout the lineup I think will provide a few extra wins this year as well.

Who knows - maybe they end up using some of that 8 mil on another tender at the deadline if Swayman is still in his snit.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Just listened to insider/reporter frank seravalli on Fan590 in toronto talking about Swayman for 15 minutes... he's actually in Boston right now trying to get more info on negotiations.... he states the lines of communication are still open which is good for Sway to stay ..also says Sway should accept the offer of 8x8 because he's no top 3 goalie yet.....but his opinion is Neeley's outburst likely cost the Bruins a few million and the contract will be $8.25ish x 8...just opinions

I still think they should make Neely and Swayman hold a press conference for the signing. Just parade the two clowns of the situation out in front of everyone so we can laugh at the awkwardness

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Exactly right. An IF doesn't deserve $9 million or whatever high number you think he should get.
He will get 8/8.5 per due to the doofus with the big mouth blurting out an offer that had yet to exist

When he does we should probably set up a crisis hotline here so people can still remain fans and not actively root for Swayman to stink and ruin the teams chances.

Last edited:
Reactions: KillerMillerTime

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
I still think they should make Neely and Swayman hold a press conference for the signing. Just parade the two clowns of the situation out in front of everyone so we can laugh at the awkwardness
Neely should give him a boot in the ass,That is what I would like to see

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024

There you go……80/20 rule (yes, I rounded up) I didn’t vote so would have been higher

lol I love your posts, but that's not a spot for the 80/20 rule to work. hahaha. Most votes never go 80/20 or are derived from any of those concepts. It's a great book though.

The 80/20 rule here would be that if Swayman spent the KEY 20% of the time he should have been spending this offseason, he'd have already hit 80% of his success. And that's definitely true. Right now he's burning 80% of his time, for nothing.

Reactions: BMC, Bodit9 and DKH

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Literally could be 8.8m over the cap during the summer. Many versions of this thread ago I showed how they could have given Sway 4.5m without much trouble at all.
going wildly over the cap in the offseason when your in the bruins position just leads to lopsided trades to get compliant. not good business, the Bruins never do it for a reason.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Here's the problem as I understand it now.

Swayman and Gross decided to go big dick energy into this. Gross drew up a plan, and the essence of that plan required you hold the line (and be a bit dirty). That is all the plan can do (btw it's a bad plan).

The problem is, Neely laid them both down, in front of the WORLD, and asked "who's first?". That's why Cam is the man for this job. For this CITY. He has his flaws, but godamn he's our magnificent bastard. Dude will punch through a wall when we lose. You want that passion at the top.

So now it actually feels like 64 MILLION dollars is a loss to Sway (which we all agree is insane). You come back into nets as a villain. Not just a villain, a baby bitch villain.

So it becomes how you heal it, if he signs. How would everyone rally, and put it in the past? How do the boos not start if by game 10 he's an .895%? I think the Bruins organization has to find a way to not just offer 64M, but heal. Those are the conversations we don't get to hear. But we hope for them.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Here's the problem as I understand it now.

Swayman and Gross decided to go big dick energy into this. Gross drew up a plan, and the essence of that plan required you hold the line (and be a bit dirty). That is all the plan can do (btw it's a bad plan).

The problem is, Neely laid them both down, in front of the WORLD, and asked "who's first?". That's why Cam is the man for this job. For this CITY. He has his flaws, but godamn he's our magnificent bastard. Dude will punch through a wall when we lose. You want that passion at the top.

So now it actually feels like 64 MILLION dollars is a loss to Sway (which we all agree is insane). You come back into nets as a villain. Not just a villain, a baby bitch villain.

So it becomes how you heal it, if he signs. How would everyone rally, and put it in the past? How do the boos not start if by game 10 he's an .895%? I think the Bruins organization has to find a way to not just offer 64M, but heal. Those are the conversations we don't get to hear. But we hope for them.
Cam acted like a little bitch whining about how a player wouldn’t take their offer, and ironically, one that they had never even made. He has zero credibility left at this point and should be fired for being woefully inept.

• Haha
Reactions: PB37 and Smitty93

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Cam acted like a little bitch whining about how a player wouldn’t take their offer, and ironically, one that they had never even made. He has zero credibility left at this point and should be fired for being woefully inept.

Did you hear sway has a Netflix appearance about arbitration and sings a song I heard jim murray saying. Wonder what his teammates thoughts are who are trying to get ready for the season. Is sway prioritizing his brand over team? Neely is a bull in a chinasshop sure but what's he supposed to say to this

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024

This is now a minority opinion on this board, and you very well know it...

Sway has been the one telling the world he cannot hang in the world of adult negotiations in sports. And if he doesn't take 8x8, then we KNOW it. BBV.

Reactions: Bodit9

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
So is Lewis Gross in town? That could mean anything from discussing situation with Swayman to meeting with the Power Broker Donny - likely both

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Did you hear sway has a Netflix appearance about arbitration and sings a song I heard jim murray saying. Wonder what his teammates thoughts are who are trying to get ready for the season. Is sway prioritizing his brand over team? Neely is a bull in a chinasshop sure but what's he supposed to say to this

As much as we fans like to believe players bleed black and gold, they understand this is a business and all go through this to a certain extent.

I don't see this being a problem in the room. It's a media and fan circus.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
This is now a minority opinion on this board, and you very well know it...

Sway has been the one telling the world he cannot hang in the world of adult negotiations in sports. And if he doesn't take 8x8, then we KNOW it. BBV.
A. He lied about the offer. That’s accepted fact at this point.

B. You’ve bought into their PR act which is what their goal with that press conference bullshit was, and it’s laughable.

C. When have I ever given a single f*** about having a view that’s not in the majority? If I’m in agreement here with most other posters, something is clearly wrong with my take.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
A. He lied about the offer. That’s accepted fact at this point.

B. You’ve bought into their PR act which is what their goal with that press conference bullshit was, and it’s laughable.

C. When have I ever given a single f*** about having a view that’s not in the majority? If I’m in agreement here with most other posters, something is clearly wrong with my take.

...have you ever HAD a view that was in the majority? :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: LSCII and DaBroons

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
I will be furious if the Bruins cave and go over $8M AAV, which is already an overpayment. The offer should be going the opposite direction if anything. Trade this crybaby.

Reactions: DaStinger

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
As much as we fans like to believe players bleed black and gold, they understand this is a business and all go through this to a certain extent.

I don't see this being a problem in the room. It's a media and fan circus.

I get it for sure but if he was on board being team first all that other stuff he's free to enjoy. This battle with the Bruins sours that imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad