Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman: VII - As featured in Episode 3 of Amazon's "FACEOFF: Inside the NHL

How does this saga end?

• Bridge deal

Votes: 53 20.5%
  • Long term deal

Votes: 70 27.1%
  • Trade

Votes: 135 52.3%

• Total voters

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
One could make the argument that we're beating a dead horse here.

So be it. Discuss, if you so choose. We'll keep all the Swayman talk contained to this thread.

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the conversation, move along.

We will not have this devolve into thread hijacking and flaming of other posters.

@Gee Wally

We have numerous deletions and more in here. We know tension and emotions are high.
But you folks must simply stop taking personal shots at each. Stay to topic.

If not we will be left with no choice other than adding thread bans.

Last edited:

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
"I went to business school! I'm smart! Not dumb!"

fredo-smart.gif

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
No thanks. He'll come in cold and not ready for hockey. If he was a skilled center or winger ok but a goalie who benefits from a system. Nah. Sway was a 4th rd pick there.will be others down the line
Lol, you can't be serious talking with certainty there "will be others down the line".
What Swayman did in last years PO at his age was extremely good.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Sway should have never did these negotiations publicly. Those arbitration comments have gone viral and he's be mocked everywhere in hockey now. Why do that to yourself. He went too far
Those comments were made in January no? Where was all the vitriol back then?

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Besides the arbitration process, what have the Bruins done that Swayman doesn't like? Here's what the Bruins have done for him.

-They only chose a 1 year contract for arbitration instead of 2 getting him to a big contract earlier
-They traded their other quality goalie so they could make him their #1
-They didn't take him to arbitration this year
-They've offered to make him the 5th highest paid goalie (without taking on a full starter workload, winning a Vezina, or advancing far in the playoffs)

Seems like they've treated him very well.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
You are far from an expert of identifying people who are thin skinned and who isn't. :laugh:
Just sticking up for a vital member of my favorite team is all. I agree Gross is being a dolt w the constant leaks just like I call Neely a buffoon. No issues w Swayman and Sweeney here. It’s a contract negotiation. The way people are acting it’s like Swayman urinated over the spoked B at center ice Get a grip folks it’s nothing personal

Sways side seems tone def and just can't seem to understand the damage he is doing
Give me a break. He’s not selling soda or lawn care. Once he signs and plays nobody will even think of this stuff

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Lot of mistakes here but lessons all over

I’ll tell you if I was a Bruins player I make damn well sure my representatives STFU publicly and I wouldn’t complain publicly about anything other than the referees

Swayman asks for a trade it’s 50/50 if happened he ends up in Columbus or Utah.

maybe that works I doubt it

No trade request yet means negotiations going on

He is catching crap about list and only winning a round but he said the Bruins side said he was basically not trustworthy in the playoffs

Um, he was freakin spectacular and 100% trustworthy

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Just sticking up for a vital member of my favorite team is all. I agree Gross is being a dolt w the constant leaks just like I call Neely a buffoon. No issues w Swayman and Sweeney here. It’s a contract negotiation. The way people are acting it’s like Swayman urinated over the spoked B at center ice Get a grip folks it’s nothing personal

Give me a break. He’s not selling soda or lawn care. Once he signs and plays nobody will even think of this stuff

Pretty sure Boston fans have a long memory. Bucky dent ? Pesky held the ball? Too many men on the ice. Read your history

Reactions: Bodit9

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Meaning 85.5% decided to choose Neely or Neither rather than Gross. Or straight out 46.4 Neely truthful vs. 14.5 Gross truthful.

I don’t know but that’s at least reasonably on par with B’s fans in HF posts.

Overall I’d say people across the spectrum aren’t too high on Gross.
I don't get The Athletic, so in the context of "The Echo Chamber" how many people voted and do we have anyway of knowing how many were B's fans? That is probably relevant in the % you are using to bolster your argument.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Guessing the team beta shouldn’t have leaked to Chiclets that the GM is incompetent.
I mean turning Ullmark and Swayman into Korpi and Patera isn’t exactly something you’d like on your resume if we are being honest but they don’t call him Teflon Don around here for nothing

Contentious negotiations will be remembered by Boston fans especially if you don't live up to them
IF.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad