Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman: VII- As featured in Episode 3 of Amazon's "FACEOFF: Inside the NHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How does this saga end?

• Bridge deal

Votes: 53 21.3%
  • Long term deal

Votes: 67 26.9%
  • Trade

Votes: 129 51.8%

• Total voters

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
One could make the argument that we're beating a dead horse here.

So be it. Discuss, if you so choose. We'll keep all the Swayman talk contained to this thread.

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the conversation, move along.

We will not have this devolve into thread hijacking and flaming of other posters.

@Gee Wally

We have numerous deletions and more in here. We know tension and emotions are high.
But you folks must simply stop taking personal shots at each. Stay to topic.

If not we will be left with no choice other than adding thread bans.

Last edited:

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Last year, during the arbitration period. Who made the decision to go to arbitration?

Swayman’s camp
Or
The Bruins camp

Swayman.

You’re right he should have bent the knee to his billionaire overlords offering him $2 million when he knew he would get 75% more in arbitration.

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
You are correct most times that is the case, but I think sign, or no sign, this movie ends differently the smiles are replaced with bitterness and mistrust. I feel if he stays " it is only for the kids " divorce is imminent.
You may be right. Sway and Gross could have already crossed the Rubicon at this point. Which means a trade. Which means this drags out longer. Ugh.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Waiting for some of this anger to be placed on the GM who thought it was a good idea to trade Ullmark before any of this was figured out. Thankfully our prospect pool will now rise from 29 to 28 in Pronman's annual rankings at least. Like seriously when do people say "WTF was he thinking"? I'm assuming never.
Yes I think that trading Ullmark, helped Swayman , but I think that just maybe that maybe Sweeney had a good read on what it would take to sign him and Gross, took advantage of the Ullmark trade. Maybe a little sleaziness involved.

And then they would have a massive hole at goalie
You making my point, spread it around.

Reactions: whatsbruin

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
You may be right. Sway and Gross could have already crossed the Rubicon at this point. Which means a trade. Which means this drags out longer. Ugh.
It sure looks like the Nylander negotiation playbook - and that took the player calling off his agent to get it done at the last minute. There's a fair offer on the table. It's all up to Swayman at this point.

If he holds out for more then everything that follows is on him. That's even if he ends up signing here. The fan base will not be gracious or forgiving for average performance on the ice.

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Or maybe those guy they pay to produce could.....you know produce. Weird how no one is upset that we're paying Pastrnak $11.2 million and he popped 1 goal vs Florida. We pay McAvoy $9.5 million and he managed 1G vs FLA. Marchand's getting $6.1 million and popped 0 goals. So between our 3 highest paid players last season, they contributed all of 2 goals again FLA.
Weak ass argument, are you going to tell me that a guy that has scored a 115 goals in the last two years is not worth his contract, your right Mitch Marner would better on this roster.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Does anyone think that Swayman is the good guy in this stalemate?

Just curious. Usually in player vs. team conflicts it's either mixed or player friendly. This one seems to be the opposite to me.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Yeah, I have a hard time sympathizing. Hearing Swayman whine about arbitration. Cmon dude, you have the privilege of not only playing professional hockey but getting paid millions to do so. I pay hundreds of dollars a year in league dues to play recreationally because I love the game. People would kill to be in Swayman's position but apparently he cares more about the social status symbol his cap hit would give him more than playing the game. F off with that crap.
Love when athletes say they only want respect, and it's funny how respect = $$$$$$$$.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
It sure looks like the Nylander negotiation playbook - and that took the player calling off his agent to get it done at the last minute. There's a fair offer on the table. It's all up to Swayman at this point.

If he holds out for more then everything that follows is on him. That's even if he ends up signing here. The fan base will not be gracious or forgiving for average performance on the ice.
it sure does feel like Nylander, my thoughts, no way in hell the B`s cater to Gross one bit, nor should they

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Yeah, but you're going to be sorry when he and Taylor Swift team up and use it to make a mint.

"Yeah, you asked me to wear your cardigan and I thought it was love.
You know, the cute one that sports a fuzzy brown bear.
But you just want to use me and do not really care.
You said mean things and then you lied.
I know cuz I wrote them down.
Now who's calling me and begging to be loved?
Well I'm sorry but I'm not that cheap.
You said your worst and now you lie.
I know, because its on the list I keep by my nightstand
By the bed in which I sleep and dream of when we were friends"

Needs a little work, but emotionally I'm feeling it.
Pure f***ing gold 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Number8

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Does anyone think that Swayman is the good guy in this stalemate?

Just curious. Usually in player vs. team conflicts it's either mixed or player friendly. This one seems to be the opposite to me.
Is there really good guys and bad guys? It's business....

I think it's a weird one all around because guys with this few games rarely command this much. People were really upset we gave Ullmark 4 years because he was not a proven starter and only played 37 as his previous high.

Here we have a young G with a career high of 4 more games than him, and 2 years younger than Ullmark was at the time, asking for double the term and almost double the money.

I can see why it isn't very player friendly reactions here considering many had the same qualms about giving Ullmark 4 years.

Reactions: BMC

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Or they could’ve just kept negotiating without arbitration. It isn’t mandatory. The decision to do so was his and his representation.

His agent could’ve said “hey we can do this, but you’re going to hear some stuff that is really difficult. This is a really tough process for everyone involved”, instead they went full steam ahead and now he can’t get over it.

I genuinely don’t understand why you can’t see that.
They were offering him crap. Their arbitration numbers were ridiculous and that was better than the contract offered pre-hearing. So he had 2 choices: accept as much as Andrew Peake or go to arbitration.

Now go ahead and make the case the Swayman was less valuable and important to the Bruins last year than Andrew Peake, and do it with a straight face.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Love when athletes say they only want respect, and it's funny how respect = $$$$$$$$.
Sway couldn`t let go of the Arb situation last year or the year before and has carried that resentment around like a baby ever since like he`s the only NHL player to have had a tough Arb case

At this point I really don't even want the guy back. Let's go Korpisalo.
leaning heavily the same way friend

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
If I had to guess, the B's and Sway had a ball park figure, and the B's figured they could get it done. Then the B's trade Ulmark, and the Sway camp moves the goal posts. Just a guess, but I have a hard time believing Sweeney trades Ulmark without knowing he gets a deal done with Swayman.
They've had 16 months to get him signed. If they had a "ballpark figure" you'd think it would have been done well before July 1.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
If I had to guess, the B's and Sway had a ball park figure, and the B's figured they could get it done. Then the B's trade Ulmark, and the Sway camp moves the goal posts. Just a guess, but I have a hard time believing Sweeney trades Ulmark without knowing he gets a deal done with Swayman.
I think the foundation was set, and like you said they moved the goalposts.

Reactions: Bodit9

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
They were offering him crap. Their arbitration numbers were ridiculous and that was better than the contract offered pre-hearing. So he had 2 choices: accept as much as Andrew Peake or go to arbitration.

Now go ahead and make the case the Swayman was less valuable and important to the Bruins last year than Andrew Peake, and do it with a straight face.
How do you know the arbitration numbers arent less than their original offers?

Reactions: BMC

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
This is getting ridiculous. Either he wants to be a Bruin or he don't.Tell that greedy agent of his that he will not be traded so its time to make it work.Swayman does not want to sit out the season u can bank on that.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Swayman’s the customer that holds up a till at the supermarket for an hour because the pack of gum he’s trying to buy scanned 5 cents too high. And Neely’s the store owner that yells “just buy it or f*** off” while still wanting him to be a repeat customer.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Swayman’s the customer that holds up a till at the supermarket for an hour because the pack of gum he’s trying to buy scanned 5 cents too high. And Neely’s the store owner that yells “just buy it or f*** off” while still wanting him to be a repeat customer.
Absolute gold

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad