Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman: VII- As featured in Episode 3 of Amazon's "FACEOFF: Inside the NHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How does this saga end?

• Bridge deal

Votes: 53 21.3%
  • Long term deal

Votes: 67 26.9%
  • Trade

Votes: 129 51.8%

• Total voters

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
One could make the argument that we're beating a dead horse here.

So be it. Discuss, if you so choose. We'll keep all the Swayman talk contained to this thread.

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the conversation, move along.

We will not have this devolve into thread hijacking and flaming of other posters.

@Gee Wally

We have numerous deletions and more in here. We know tension and emotions are high.
But you folks must simply stop taking personal shots at each. Stay to topic.

If not we will be left with no choice other than adding thread bans.

Last edited:

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
This is the result of not going to arbitration. They could have met beforehand, and there is blame on both sides. The Bruins probably dug in their heels on their offer and Gross/Swayman inversely did the same.

However, there is a reason no sane GM takes their star players to arbitration, and this is it. It's even better the Bruins thought they could do it again and act like Swayman would bow to them and are crying it isn't happening.
The Bruins didn’t take him to arbitration, Swayman took them.

The Bruins did not elect for arbitration this time around either, or the first time for that matter so I’m not sure what your point is.

Swayman’s bitterness about the process are a direct result of him and his representation making a bad decision.

The Bruins have every right to “dig their heels in” just like Swayman’s camp. Both sides are at fault for this dragging out.

Again, as far as the arbitration bitterness is concerned, that was Swayman’s decision. Sorry it didn’t go the way he thought it would.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

The Bruins did not elect for arbitration this time around either, or the first time for that matter so I’m not sure what your point is.

Swayman’s bitterness about the process are a direct result of him and his representation making a bad decision.

The Bruins have every right to “dig their heels in” just like Swayman’s camp. Both sides are at fault for this dragging out.

Again, as far as the arbitration bitterness is concerned, that was Swayman’s decision. Sorry it didn’t go the way he thought it would.

The intellectual dishonesty here.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Swayman told management he wants to stay here, and the Bruins want him. The Bruins moved Ullmark because Swayman has said as much. It's why I think this whole situation kind of struck a nerve with the Bruins. The Bruins made the adjustments to fit him with the cap they have left while Gross has used the media to negotiate publicly with the Bruins. The public leaks weren't just about contract offers but belittling to the Bruins' credibility and reputation. The Bruins have upped their offers, and Gross and Swayman haven't budged. There's a history of Gross doing this.

Where Swayman gets the blame is if he really wants to be a Bruin, he can't just leave his future up to Gross. He left it up to Gross to negotiatie his contract last year which led to them filing for arbitration. Now we keep hearing how Swayman hated the whole arbitration process. Frederic negotiated his deal with the Bruins just fine prior to arbitration. Just like with Gaudreau (RIP) and Nylander, if he wants to be a Bruin, he needs to step in on the contract discussions.
Good post.....

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Boo f***ing hoo.

I've been in business for 40 years. You think I don't have a grudge or two???????

Jesus Christ. Some of these uber rich athletes are really something special.
Yeah, I have a hard time sympathizing. Hearing Swayman whine about arbitration. Cmon dude, you have the privilege of not only playing professional hockey but getting paid millions to do so. I pay hundreds of dollars a year in league dues to play recreationally because I love the game. People would kill to be in Swayman's position but apparently he cares more about the social status symbol his cap hit would give him more than playing the game. F off with that crap.

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
Don’t forget the “swayman has never proven he can be a true #1 goalie”

Especially considering that same crowd is very willing to move forward with korpisalo who has 1 season with 40+ games and it was a pure disaster. Nevermind his history of hip/lower body issues.
idk ive always thought korps was better than swayman and most here would agree.

was hoping boston would ditch sway at the deadline for him last season

already got a jersey and made posters

:rolleyes:

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

Remind us of the $$ offer the bruins gave to swayman that resulted in swayman electing to go to arbitration

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Last year, during the arbitration period. Who made the decision to go to arbitration?

Swayman’s camp
Or
The Bruins camp

I know, I know. There can only be one aspect to this that matters. Context means nothing. Black and white. Swayman bad, he deserves this.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
I know, I know. There can only be one aspect to this that matters. Context means nothing. Black and white. Swayman bad, he deserves this.
Swayman isn’t bad, never said that.

I just think the bitterness he has over the process could’ve been avoided if his representation prepared him better.

It was not a route they had to take, and now he has bad feelings toward certain parties, when one of those parties should be his.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
You mean 22 games vs 12 games. It's not Swayman's fault the offense shit the bed and he didn't get to play more than 12 games.
22 games is a lot of games in the playoffs, but I think the Bruins should pay him more than any goalie in the league, Because I think you need a good night's sleep, and take Sway kid with you, he has bags under his eyes.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Remind us of the $$ offer the bruins gave to swayman that resulted in swayman electing to go to arbitration
We actually have no idea do we? What we do have is the offer they gave DURING arbitration, which is likely lower than what they originally came forward with.

For all you and I know, Sway was asking for too much and went to arbitration thinking he would get it

Reactions: BMC and lopey

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
What's the time limit on whining about what happened in an arbitration hearing? I'm hoping it's a year so in 10 or so days we can be spared this bullshit.

Swayman didn't like arbitration -- I get it, and can sympathize. However, what happened in arbitration has ZERO to do with this negotiation unless to suggest that the Bruins should pay a penalty on this contract for being big meanies who said mean things a year ago.

In all sincerity, if Swayman was my friend I'd be telling him to stop with this shit. It makes him look like a massive whiner - plus it's f***ing tone deaf. World's an ugly place right now and Jeremy has rich white man problems. And I wouldn't say that to him not to be mean but to help a friend stop doing something that is not good for him.

"Jeremy, I get it. You're holding a grudge. I don't blame you one bit - I'd feel the same way. But for God's sake, stop with public complaints that they said hurtful things a year ago and you will never forget it stuff. Nobody cares about that part and now you've said it several times publicly people are going to think you are just a massive p***y. Stop it."

Don't know who his friends are, but someone needs to tell him what reality is. Hold out if you want. but shut your mouth on this part.
I take it back: this is the post of the thread. Fine, we’ll meet in the middle: it’s a tie. Now let’s just play hockey for f***s sake!

Reactions: BMC and Bodit9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad